Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer
PH Matchmaker Bronzer

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this bronzer because of the recommendation from one of my favorite gurus on youtube. I had used Physicians Formula bronzers before and wasn't super impressed. They tend to be super shimmery which isn't my favorite thing when it comes to bronzers. The packaging on this is nice, it comes with a light (which is super blinding so I never use!) and a brush underneath the product itself. It is a tid bit bulky so if your traveling it might take up some space in your makeup bag. I have this in the lightest version they have and it's the perfect color for me. I'm about an NC35 in MAC for reference. It doesn't turn orange on me which I was afraid of. I've been using this daily for a bit now. It is kind of shimmery in the pan but I don't see any trace of shimmer on my face.

on 9/12/2012 10:34:00 AM

A bronzer that is on the lighter side for me (NC30), but subtle enough to add dimension to my face. I found out the hard way that this is quite powdery but after the first application, I've learned to gently tap my brush instead of swirling.

I enjoy the way it blends smoothly into my skin and does not turn orange at all on me. It is a more subtle bronzer and even the shimmer does not readily show up that much. I've been using for about a week now and haven't had any break-outs.

Packaging is bulky but the lighted mirror is a cute idea.

on 2/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in the Light Bronzer shade. It is beautiful! The compact is very unique with it's high powered lights on the mirror. They are so bright! The powder itself is amazing to say the least. It has a bit of shimmer to it that really lights up my face where ever I apply it. It is not an extreme sparkle or shiny mess like some bronzers, nor does it turn orange on my skin. Instead it seems to give me that very light tanned appearance that looks really good when using for contouring and on my chest area. The light color is perfect for an all over dusting to give my skin a bit of twinkle. I really do think this is the first bronzer I have been glad to own and have not had to take back for being to dark or turning orange on myself. I think the only thing PF could do to make this bronzer & it's sister blush better is to add a push button opener on the compact. It is not real hard to open but push buttons are easier for arthritic fingers & not messing up nails. ;-)