Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer
PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this bronzer because of the recommendation from one of my favorite gurus on youtube. I had used Physicians Formula bronzers before and wasn't super impressed. They tend to be super shimmery which isn't my favorite thing when it comes to bronzers. The packaging on this is nice, it comes with a light (which is super blinding so I never use!) and a brush underneath the product itself. It is a tid bit bulky so if your traveling it might take up some space in your makeup bag. I have this in the lightest version they have and it's the perfect color for me. I'm about an NC35 in MAC for reference. It doesn't turn orange on me which I was afraid of. I've been using this daily for a bit now. It is kind of shimmery in the pan but I don't see any trace of shimmer on my face.

on 7/10/2012 11:16:00 AM

i super like this bronzer! i got light bronzer and find it is not orangey, great 4 contouring and totally layers well.i liked it so well i went bak 4 the darker shade bronzer and found it a tad orangey and dark for my lt\med asian skin.there is a shimmer over lay but once wiped of it is a subtle shimmer that really doesnt bother me. FYI this came with a free ph lipgoss the lighter shade i luv that too! directly put on its way tooo hottish pink 4 my taste however i put my sheer gloss on then dot a lil bit of ph gloss on and bam juicy just made out look sheer subtle but enuff color to btighten my face. normally i wear a nuetral ink pen type lip stain to maintain some color on my lips but it always starts out wayyy tooo much color in order to still have a hint of color left later in the day and so darn drying and irritating to my lips. used this way this gloss starts perfect and actually leaves a subtle stain stain on my lips and is in no way drying or peely! in the gloss reviews people complained they cudnt even get the color off but used this way its great :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This was the craziest bronzer I have ever purchased. When I say crazy, I mean it was a complete fail. I purchased the color in "Bronzer" which is the darker of the two. The color was too orange for my taste. When I attempted to apply this, I was transformed into a snow globe. LOL, TONS of glitter dust flew through in the air and all over my face. I had glitter on my hands and clothing as well. I'm talking large chunks of glitter particles. After applying this bronzer, I looked in the mirror and I was an orange disco ball. The packaging is on the edge of innovative for drugstore makeup however, I don't really see the need for it. There is a button on the side of the mirror to turn on mini lights so you can see putting on your bronzer. Well, unless you are dealing with a power outage or you are strolling down the street at night and feel the need to apply this bronzer, I guess it would come in handy. The packaging is bulky with a compartment under the bronzer to house the useless tiny brush. Man, I really hated this bronzer and I usually have luck with PF's bronzers.

on 6/27/2012 7:59:00 PM

This was SO glittery! When i opened it a cloud of glitter came flying out. No, not just fine shimmer, but chunky silver glitter. Yuck. The stupid light up compact is enormous and at $15 for a ridicilulous, gimmicky drugstore product I don't know why I even bought it.

on 3/21/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm always looking for great bronzers and tried this on a whim. I really, really like it. I didnt see the light version at my drugstore, so I went with the regular bronze shade and I love how there aren't any traces of pink or orange. Just imparts a warm sunny glow. I use a large brush and gradually build - I notice if I swirl the brush a lot at first, it picks up too much product and I look a bit muddy, so I start slow. There's the subtlest hint of shimmer but on my skin, it's barely noticeable. One small complaint I wish the packaging was more streamlined. It's pretty clunky to tote around (as I like to do with my daily makeup items), but not the biggest deal. Looking forward to seeing the result in the summer when I'm a little tan. Worth a try!