Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

4.1

on 4/9/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing !! I love this product. The bronzer give a natural glow. The packaging is beautiful!! This compact comes with a little brush and an in/off switch for the light. I wonder how to change the battery in it when it dies :)

on 3/30/2017 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad bronzer for the price. I found these at Target initially, then found them again at a Ross or TJ Maxx, surprisingly. The light bronzer looks great with my light/medium skin (kind of a weird in between skin tone). When I am tan in the summer, the regular bronzer looks fantastic as well. Feels nice on my skin.

If you're heavy handed, make sure you blend it out or you could end up looking like Donald Trump. Orange and unappealing.

I do find the light on the compact to be a neat idea, but a little useless. I tried it a few times, with no luck. The lighted mirror makes the packaging a little bulky in comparison to other products. I do like the storage underneath the makeup for a brush or other small items.

I found this on sale at target for under $7 so decided to try it as opposed to ELF's $3 version. I like the brand as it is normally gentle on my skin. It is a nice color bronzer (I have light medium/olive toned skin) and if you use it only to highlight and blend, it looks natural and very nice. Like others, I found the sparkles to be a bit of a nuisance, but when used sparingly, they are not so bad and when set, I hardly notice them. The mirror lights are blinding, and do not shut off automatically, so I accidentally closed the compact and opened it to find the light much dimmer. Don't really use it much, maybe to pluck my eyebrows. The package is a bit bulky and I am not a fan of the brush design under the powder, but altogether, this bronzer is nice and an okay buy at the sale price.

on 4/24/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ended up getting this for super cheap. It was four dollars after I used my coupons and extra bucks at CVS. I have wanted this for quite some time... I didn't want to pay full price and I knew the time would come along when I could get it for next to nothing.
I got the darker one of the two. The lighter one just looked like a tan powder. Like what my skin color will be this summer. Since it is the end of April and summer is on its way, I got the darker one. Even now, with me being on the pale side, NC 20, this is not over powering at all. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave an orange cast, like some bronzers do. There is glitter in it, but I love it. I am at the age now to where I don't have much time left to wear shimmer and glitter. May as well "live" it up while I still can.
I am pleased with this purchase and am thrilled that I got it for 4 dollars, originally 15! You can't beat that.

I hate this bronzer. Made me brake out like crazy; and it has glitter that, to me, did not look natural or flattering at all. I bought the darkest shade. I returned it.

on 7/10/2012 11:16:00 AM

i super like this bronzer! i got light bronzer and find it is not orangey, great 4 contouring and totally layers well.i liked it so well i went bak 4 the darker shade bronzer and found it a tad orangey and dark for my lt\med asian skin.there is a shimmer over lay but once wiped of it is a subtle shimmer that really doesnt bother me. FYI this came with a free ph lipgoss the lighter shade i luv that too! directly put on its way tooo hottish pink 4 my taste however i put my sheer gloss on then dot a lil bit of ph gloss on and bam juicy just made out look sheer subtle but enuff color to btighten my face. normally i wear a nuetral ink pen type lip stain to maintain some color on my lips but it always starts out wayyy tooo much color in order to still have a hint of color left later in the day and so darn drying and irritating to my lips. used this way this gloss starts perfect and actually leaves a subtle stain stain on my lips and is in no way drying or peely! in the gloss reviews people complained they cudnt even get the color off but used this way its great :)

Thank goodness I found this!
I've been on the verge of going to spend money on a higher end dept store bronzer, when by chance I spotted this at my local CVS and decided to try one last drug store bronzer..AND THANK GAWWD I DID!
I've tried the Rimmel, NYC, etc..all the ones recommended by the Youtube gurus, and they all pretty much sucked so bad. I still put up with using them for a few years thinking that's how most bronzers from the drugstore are gonna be anyway. For example, the NYC SUNNY wasn't smooth and streaked orange, blekh..the RRimmel was also streaky not blendable and looked like I had a dirty face, but yeah I put up with it.

BUT THIS IS AMAZING. I looked polished and perfectly airbrushed, like it totally blends into my blush, and doesn't look muddy and splotchy. I mean even using the brush it came with, it's so perfect!! I like a clean line that blends upward towards my apples and this brush actually is better than my expensive ones..who knew!! THANK YOU PPF!!! I 'll use this until the day I die! I got the shade bronzer which is the darkest but it isn't dark at all, dont be scared, I'm light and it's so gorgeous, NOT orangey or yellowish, just a nice very light brown glow, it's also buildable. If I would have gotten the lighter shade I would have had to return it for sure! Just try it, and besides you have nothing to lose, you can always return it to the drugstore or even send it back to PF for a prooduct voucher. Did I say I love thisproduct? BY the way- the brush it comes with is spot on!! It gets the job done and if you want definition of cheek bones this is the type of brush that works..it's a popular brush nowadays and I can see why.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this bronzer! It really does match up to my skin tone and with none of the orangey fake looking streakiness I always get with other bronzers. Also, there is no shimmer which is a big plus. I do, however, use my own brush instead of the one that comes with it. The little light inside is cool, too, but I never use it. I suppose some people could really benefit from that feature, however.

on 3/21/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm always looking for great bronzers and tried this on a whim. I really, really like it. I didnt see the light version at my drugstore, so I went with the regular bronze shade and I love how there aren't any traces of pink or orange. Just imparts a warm sunny glow. I use a large brush and gradually build - I notice if I swirl the brush a lot at first, it picks up too much product and I look a bit muddy, so I start slow. There's the subtlest hint of shimmer but on my skin, it's barely noticeable. One small complaint I wish the packaging was more streamlined. It's pretty clunky to tote around (as I like to do with my daily makeup items), but not the biggest deal. Looking forward to seeing the result in the summer when I'm a little tan. Worth a try!

on 3/21/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought the regular Bronzer because that's all they had in the beginning by me but it was a little too dark for me right now. When I found the Light Bronze, I scooped it up. I like the product THAT much to buy both. I'm not a double buyer so that says a lot! Neither of the colors are orange or muddy looking, just a perfect shade of bronze with a bit of shimmer.