Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.6

on 3/30/2017 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad bronzer for the price. I found these at Target initially, then found them again at a Ross or TJ Maxx, surprisingly. The light bronzer looks great with my light/medium skin (kind of a weird in between skin tone). When I am tan in the summer, the regular bronzer looks fantastic as well. Feels nice on my skin.

If you're heavy handed, make sure you blend it out or you could end up looking like Donald Trump. Orange and unappealing.

I do find the light on the compact to be a neat idea, but a little useless. I tried it a few times, with no luck. The lighted mirror makes the packaging a little bulky in comparison to other products. I do like the storage underneath the makeup for a brush or other small items.

This review is for the PH matchmaker ph Powdered powder in light . I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a bronzer or a face powder foundation? This seems to be a bit of an issue with this brand , they produce many similar looking and named products that are in actuality different.
On my skin (MAC NC 10-15) it looks a smidge dark for a foundation all over powder and it does have some sparkles that I find somewhat noticeable. In a pinch this'll work but it will have a few twinkles on the face, personally I prefer a completely matte powder, as I tend towards oily to combination skin. This product may be workable as a bit of a highlight on the cheeks or a blender toner for over applied dark contour not sure yet I'll have to play with it.
I like the packaging ( the super bright LED light is going to be great for plucking hairs. I got this in a value pack at a local discounter so divvying up the price per item was around $3.50-$4. Acceptable for a splurge-y impulse buy though I wouldnt have tried it if I had not found it on sale. I also bought the bronzer from this ph line which I'll review separately .

I found this on sale at target for under $7 so decided to try it as opposed to ELF's $3 version. I like the brand as it is normally gentle on my skin. It is a nice color bronzer (I have light medium/olive toned skin) and if you use it only to highlight and blend, it looks natural and very nice. Like others, I found the sparkles to be a bit of a nuisance, but when used sparingly, they are not so bad and when set, I hardly notice them. The mirror lights are blinding, and do not shut off automatically, so I accidentally closed the compact and opened it to find the light much dimmer. Don't really use it much, maybe to pluck my eyebrows. The package is a bit bulky and I am not a fan of the brush design under the powder, but altogether, this bronzer is nice and an okay buy at the sale price.

on 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM

The is a little to muddy on my skin (I have it in light), but if I use a light hand, it is good for countouring and warming up my skin. It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. I find the packaging to be a little bulky and the lights are a bit tacky. It lasts for about 6 hours on my oily skin.

Looked fake and orange in my porcelain skin. It was the light bronzer.

on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 AM

I think this is a great bronzer in the lighter shade! Perfect for winter, I am quite fair during that season. Very natural looking, not orange at all. To me it's almost the shade of a face powder for someone with MAC NC40 skintone maybe? Yes it has some shimmer but it's a quality shimmer if that makes any sense.. very fine not chunky. I always just bought my bronzers from MAC (usually just because I was buying something else there) but I've been using this one a lot more lately!! I think it's better. I love MAC but I think their bronzers are meh.
UPDATE: I took a couple lippies off. I decided this makes me look sallow :/

on 9/12/2012 10:34:00 AM

A bronzer that is on the lighter side for me (NC30), but subtle enough to add dimension to my face. I found out the hard way that this is quite powdery but after the first application, I've learned to gently tap my brush instead of swirling.

I enjoy the way it blends smoothly into my skin and does not turn orange at all on me. It is a more subtle bronzer and even the shimmer does not readily show up that much. I've been using for about a week now and haven't had any break-outs.

Packaging is bulky but the lighted mirror is a cute idea.

on 7/10/2012 11:16:00 AM

i super like this bronzer! i got light bronzer and find it is not orangey, great 4 contouring and totally layers well.i liked it so well i went bak 4 the darker shade bronzer and found it a tad orangey and dark for my lt\med asian skin.there is a shimmer over lay but once wiped of it is a subtle shimmer that really doesnt bother me. FYI this came with a free ph lipgoss the lighter shade i luv that too! directly put on its way tooo hottish pink 4 my taste however i put my sheer gloss on then dot a lil bit of ph gloss on and bam juicy just made out look sheer subtle but enuff color to btighten my face. normally i wear a nuetral ink pen type lip stain to maintain some color on my lips but it always starts out wayyy tooo much color in order to still have a hint of color left later in the day and so darn drying and irritating to my lips. used this way this gloss starts perfect and actually leaves a subtle stain stain on my lips and is in no way drying or peely! in the gloss reviews people complained they cudnt even get the color off but used this way its great :)

Thank goodness I found this!
I've been on the verge of going to spend money on a higher end dept store bronzer, when by chance I spotted this at my local CVS and decided to try one last drug store bronzer..AND THANK GAWWD I DID!
I've tried the Rimmel, NYC, etc..all the ones recommended by the Youtube gurus, and they all pretty much sucked so bad. I still put up with using them for a few years thinking that's how most bronzers from the drugstore are gonna be anyway. For example, the NYC SUNNY wasn't smooth and streaked orange, blekh..the RRimmel was also streaky not blendable and looked like I had a dirty face, but yeah I put up with it.

BUT THIS IS AMAZING. I looked polished and perfectly airbrushed, like it totally blends into my blush, and doesn't look muddy and splotchy. I mean even using the brush it came with, it's so perfect!! I like a clean line that blends upward towards my apples and this brush actually is better than my expensive ones..who knew!! THANK YOU PPF!!! I 'll use this until the day I die! I got the shade bronzer which is the darkest but it isn't dark at all, dont be scared, I'm light and it's so gorgeous, NOT orangey or yellowish, just a nice very light brown glow, it's also buildable. If I would have gotten the lighter shade I would have had to return it for sure! Just try it, and besides you have nothing to lose, you can always return it to the drugstore or even send it back to PF for a prooduct voucher. Did I say I love thisproduct? BY the way- the brush it comes with is spot on!! It gets the job done and if you want definition of cheek bones this is the type of brush that works..it's a popular brush nowadays and I can see why.

on 4/13/2012 9:16:00 AM

Simply gorgeous! I have very fair skin and sometimes bronzer can look very fake on me - not with this one. I bought the regular bronzer color (not light bronzer) and put it on with a light hand. (I'd actually been sick for a few days and used this bronzer with some mascara and lip gloss - when my husband got home, he said "oh, you must be feeling better!" - although I wasn't, it's good to get that kind of reaction!)

The regular retail price is about $15 and I think this is a great price for such a nice bronzer. This did have a silver overspray on the top of the cake that went away with the first swipe of a brush, so I didn't notice any sparkle/shine, just a nice natural bronze color.