Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer
PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.5

Gives you a nice natural glow. This is really warm tho so if you use too much you'll end up looking orange. packaging is really nice.

on 5/6/2016 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I have very fair cool skin tone it was actually impossible for me to find any bronzer. With all shades and brands I tested before I was looking like an orange pumpkin, muddy, sometimes even red.
I bought this few days ago. I must admit that at this moment my skin is not the most beautiful one, I have few red spots on my cheeks but I am also prone to get such thing as a part of my allergy to herbs at this time of the year and I do not know this time if it is the reaction to herbs or to this bronzer.
However, first time in my life (I have the lighter shade) I do not look orange and muddy and I notice some nice warmth in my face. I put it with light hand and just blend it well all over my face giving accent to top of the nose and cheeks. I just hope that it will not break me out.

Update: after few months of wearing it every day all I can tell is that it is so far the best bronzer I ever tried!!!

on 9/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

When I bought this I thought it was going to be too dark for my skin tone because I'm very pale but it wasn't bad at all. All I had to do was tap my brush to get rid of excess powder before applying it to my face. It gives me a sun kissed look which is exactly what I was looking for. The price is pretty reasonable too. I would still like to purchase other bronzers just to experiment but if I don't fins anything better than this I will definitely repurchase it.

This review is for the PH matchmaker ph Powdered powder in light . I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a bronzer or a face powder foundation? This seems to be a bit of an issue with this brand , they produce many similar looking and named products that are in actuality different.
On my skin (MAC NC 10-15) it looks a smidge dark for a foundation all over powder and it does have some sparkles that I find somewhat noticeable. In a pinch this'll work but it will have a few twinkles on the face, personally I prefer a completely matte powder, as I tend towards oily to combination skin. This product may be workable as a bit of a highlight on the cheeks or a blender toner for over applied dark contour not sure yet I'll have to play with it.
I like the packaging ( the super bright LED light is going to be great for plucking hairs. I got this in a value pack at a local discounter so divvying up the price per item was around $3.50-$4. Acceptable for a splurge-y impulse buy though I wouldnt have tried it if I had not found it on sale. I also bought the bronzer from this ph line which I'll review separately .

on 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM

The is a little to muddy on my skin (I have it in light), but if I use a light hand, it is good for countouring and warming up my skin. It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. I find the packaging to be a little bulky and the lights are a bit tacky. It lasts for about 6 hours on my oily skin.

Looked fake and orange in my porcelain skin. It was the light bronzer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this 2 days ago in light & I loved the packaging, i read no reviews before purchasing, and i usually do read reviews before buying products. Im fair skinned & I have no color at all. My cheeks are pretty pink on their own so i dont wear blush so i bought the ph bronzer. It costs $20 from where i bought it. I tried it on when i got home and it immedialy looked orange and fake looking(Plus it was very sparkly in the package), Maybe it was the way i applied it seeing as i never wore bronzer before but im not too sure. I will try different brushes and stuff and edit my review when i do, but until then im going to try to nyc sunny bronzer if i can find it.

I would recommend this if you are darker to go for the light bronzer as it would probably suit your skin tone better.

on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 AM

I think this is a great bronzer in the lighter shade! Perfect for winter, I am quite fair during that season. Very natural looking, not orange at all. To me it's almost the shade of a face powder for someone with MAC NC40 skintone maybe? Yes it has some shimmer but it's a quality shimmer if that makes any sense.. very fine not chunky. I always just bought my bronzers from MAC (usually just because I was buying something else there) but I've been using this one a lot more lately!! I think it's better. I love MAC but I think their bronzers are meh.
UPDATE: I took a couple lippies off. I decided this makes me look sallow :/

on 7/29/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought it just for the lighted mirror why not?

on 4/13/2012 9:16:00 AM

Simply gorgeous! I have very fair skin and sometimes bronzer can look very fake on me - not with this one. I bought the regular bronzer color (not light bronzer) and put it on with a light hand. (I'd actually been sick for a few days and used this bronzer with some mascara and lip gloss - when my husband got home, he said "oh, you must be feeling better!" - although I wasn't, it's good to get that kind of reaction!)

The regular retail price is about $15 and I think this is a great price for such a nice bronzer. This did have a silver overspray on the top of the cake that went away with the first swipe of a brush, so I didn't notice any sparkle/shine, just a nice natural bronze color.