Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.7

on 2/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in the Light Bronzer shade. It is beautiful! The compact is very unique with it's high powered lights on the mirror. They are so bright! The powder itself is amazing to say the least. It has a bit of shimmer to it that really lights up my face where ever I apply it. It is not an extreme sparkle or shiny mess like some bronzers, nor does it turn orange on my skin. Instead it seems to give me that very light tanned appearance that looks really good when using for contouring and on my chest area. The light color is perfect for an all over dusting to give my skin a bit of twinkle. I really do think this is the first bronzer I have been glad to own and have not had to take back for being to dark or turning orange on myself. I think the only thing PF could do to make this bronzer & it's sister blush better is to add a push button opener on the compact. It is not real hard to open but push buttons are easier for arthritic fingers & not messing up nails. ;-)

on 3/21/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought the regular Bronzer because that's all they had in the beginning by me but it was a little too dark for me right now. When I found the Light Bronze, I scooped it up. I like the product THAT much to buy both. I'm not a double buyer so that says a lot! Neither of the colors are orange or muddy looking, just a perfect shade of bronze with a bit of shimmer.

on 3/21/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm always looking for great bronzers and tried this on a whim. I really, really like it. I didnt see the light version at my drugstore, so I went with the regular bronze shade and I love how there aren't any traces of pink or orange. Just imparts a warm sunny glow. I use a large brush and gradually build - I notice if I swirl the brush a lot at first, it picks up too much product and I look a bit muddy, so I start slow. There's the subtlest hint of shimmer but on my skin, it's barely noticeable. One small complaint I wish the packaging was more streamlined. It's pretty clunky to tote around (as I like to do with my daily makeup items), but not the biggest deal. Looking forward to seeing the result in the summer when I'm a little tan. Worth a try!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

absoultely love this!! it matches up my skin very well!! I look nice, tan and alive i would definetly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this bronzer! It really does match up to my skin tone and with none of the orangey fake looking streakiness I always get with other bronzers. Also, there is no shimmer which is a big plus. I do, however, use my own brush instead of the one that comes with it. The little light inside is cool, too, but I never use it. I suppose some people could really benefit from that feature, however.

on 4/13/2012 9:16:00 AM

Simply gorgeous! I have very fair skin and sometimes bronzer can look very fake on me - not with this one. I bought the regular bronzer color (not light bronzer) and put it on with a light hand. (I'd actually been sick for a few days and used this bronzer with some mascara and lip gloss - when my husband got home, he said "oh, you must be feeling better!" - although I wasn't, it's good to get that kind of reaction!)

The regular retail price is about $15 and I think this is a great price for such a nice bronzer. This did have a silver overspray on the top of the cake that went away with the first swipe of a brush, so I didn't notice any sparkle/shine, just a nice natural bronze color.

Thank goodness I found this!
I've been on the verge of going to spend money on a higher end dept store bronzer, when by chance I spotted this at my local CVS and decided to try one last drug store bronzer..AND THANK GAWWD I DID!
I've tried the Rimmel, NYC, etc..all the ones recommended by the Youtube gurus, and they all pretty much sucked so bad. I still put up with using them for a few years thinking that's how most bronzers from the drugstore are gonna be anyway. For example, the NYC SUNNY wasn't smooth and streaked orange, blekh..the RRimmel was also streaky not blendable and looked like I had a dirty face, but yeah I put up with it.

BUT THIS IS AMAZING. I looked polished and perfectly airbrushed, like it totally blends into my blush, and doesn't look muddy and splotchy. I mean even using the brush it came with, it's so perfect!! I like a clean line that blends upward towards my apples and this brush actually is better than my expensive ones..who knew!! THANK YOU PPF!!! I 'll use this until the day I die! I got the shade bronzer which is the darkest but it isn't dark at all, dont be scared, I'm light and it's so gorgeous, NOT orangey or yellowish, just a nice very light brown glow, it's also buildable. If I would have gotten the lighter shade I would have had to return it for sure! Just try it, and besides you have nothing to lose, you can always return it to the drugstore or even send it back to PF for a prooduct voucher. Did I say I love thisproduct? BY the way- the brush it comes with is spot on!! It gets the job done and if you want definition of cheek bones this is the type of brush that works..it's a popular brush nowadays and I can see why.

on 6/27/2012 7:59:00 PM

This was SO glittery! When i opened it a cloud of glitter came flying out. No, not just fine shimmer, but chunky silver glitter. Yuck. The stupid light up compact is enormous and at $15 for a ridicilulous, gimmicky drugstore product I don't know why I even bought it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This was the craziest bronzer I have ever purchased. When I say crazy, I mean it was a complete fail. I purchased the color in "Bronzer" which is the darker of the two. The color was too orange for my taste. When I attempted to apply this, I was transformed into a snow globe. LOL, TONS of glitter dust flew through in the air and all over my face. I had glitter on my hands and clothing as well. I'm talking large chunks of glitter particles. After applying this bronzer, I looked in the mirror and I was an orange disco ball. The packaging is on the edge of innovative for drugstore makeup however, I don't really see the need for it. There is a button on the side of the mirror to turn on mini lights so you can see putting on your bronzer. Well, unless you are dealing with a power outage or you are strolling down the street at night and feel the need to apply this bronzer, I guess it would come in handy. The packaging is bulky with a compartment under the bronzer to house the useless tiny brush. Man, I really hated this bronzer and I usually have luck with PF's bronzers.

on 7/10/2012 11:16:00 AM

i super like this bronzer! i got light bronzer and find it is not orangey, great 4 contouring and totally layers well.i liked it so well i went bak 4 the darker shade bronzer and found it a tad orangey and dark for my lt\med asian skin.there is a shimmer over lay but once wiped of it is a subtle shimmer that really doesnt bother me. FYI this came with a free ph lipgoss the lighter shade i luv that too! directly put on its way tooo hottish pink 4 my taste however i put my sheer gloss on then dot a lil bit of ph gloss on and bam juicy just made out look sheer subtle but enuff color to btighten my face. normally i wear a nuetral ink pen type lip stain to maintain some color on my lips but it always starts out wayyy tooo much color in order to still have a hint of color left later in the day and so darn drying and irritating to my lips. used this way this gloss starts perfect and actually leaves a subtle stain stain on my lips and is in no way drying or peely! in the gloss reviews people complained they cudnt even get the color off but used this way its great :)