Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer
PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.7

This review is for the PH matchmaker ph Powdered powder in light . I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a bronzer or a face powder foundation? This seems to be a bit of an issue with this brand , they produce many similar looking and named products that are in actuality different.
On my skin (MAC NC 10-15) it looks a smidge dark for a foundation all over powder and it does have some sparkles that I find somewhat noticeable. In a pinch this'll work but it will have a few twinkles on the face, personally I prefer a completely matte powder, as I tend towards oily to combination skin. This product may be workable as a bit of a highlight on the cheeks or a blender toner for over applied dark contour not sure yet I'll have to play with it.
I like the packaging ( the super bright LED light is going to be great for plucking hairs. I got this in a value pack at a local discounter so divvying up the price per item was around $3.50-$4. Acceptable for a splurge-y impulse buy though I wouldnt have tried it if I had not found it on sale. I also bought the bronzer from this ph line which I'll review separately .

Looked fake and orange in my porcelain skin. It was the light bronzer.

on 9/12/2012 10:34:00 AM

A bronzer that is on the lighter side for me (NC30), but subtle enough to add dimension to my face. I found out the hard way that this is quite powdery but after the first application, I've learned to gently tap my brush instead of swirling.

I enjoy the way it blends smoothly into my skin and does not turn orange at all on me. It is a more subtle bronzer and even the shimmer does not readily show up that much. I've been using for about a week now and haven't had any break-outs.

Packaging is bulky but the lighted mirror is a cute idea.

on 7/10/2012 11:16:00 AM

i super like this bronzer! i got light bronzer and find it is not orangey, great 4 contouring and totally layers well.i liked it so well i went bak 4 the darker shade bronzer and found it a tad orangey and dark for my lt\med asian skin.there is a shimmer over lay but once wiped of it is a subtle shimmer that really doesnt bother me. FYI this came with a free ph lipgoss the lighter shade i luv that too! directly put on its way tooo hottish pink 4 my taste however i put my sheer gloss on then dot a lil bit of ph gloss on and bam juicy just made out look sheer subtle but enuff color to btighten my face. normally i wear a nuetral ink pen type lip stain to maintain some color on my lips but it always starts out wayyy tooo much color in order to still have a hint of color left later in the day and so darn drying and irritating to my lips. used this way this gloss starts perfect and actually leaves a subtle stain stain on my lips and is in no way drying or peely! in the gloss reviews people complained they cudnt even get the color off but used this way its great :)

on 4/13/2012 9:16:00 AM

Simply gorgeous! I have very fair skin and sometimes bronzer can look very fake on me - not with this one. I bought the regular bronzer color (not light bronzer) and put it on with a light hand. (I'd actually been sick for a few days and used this bronzer with some mascara and lip gloss - when my husband got home, he said "oh, you must be feeling better!" - although I wasn't, it's good to get that kind of reaction!)

The regular retail price is about $15 and I think this is a great price for such a nice bronzer. This did have a silver overspray on the top of the cake that went away with the first swipe of a brush, so I didn't notice any sparkle/shine, just a nice natural bronze color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this bronzer! It really does match up to my skin tone and with none of the orangey fake looking streakiness I always get with other bronzers. Also, there is no shimmer which is a big plus. I do, however, use my own brush instead of the one that comes with it. The little light inside is cool, too, but I never use it. I suppose some people could really benefit from that feature, however.