Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.4

on 3/30/2017 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad bronzer for the price. I found these at Target initially, then found them again at a Ross or TJ Maxx, surprisingly. The light bronzer looks great with my light/medium skin (kind of a weird in between skin tone). When I am tan in the summer, the regular bronzer looks fantastic as well. Feels nice on my skin.

If you're heavy handed, make sure you blend it out or you could end up looking like Donald Trump. Orange and unappealing.

I do find the light on the compact to be a neat idea, but a little useless. I tried it a few times, with no luck. The lighted mirror makes the packaging a little bulky in comparison to other products. I do like the storage underneath the makeup for a brush or other small items.

on 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM

The is a little to muddy on my skin (I have it in light), but if I use a light hand, it is good for countouring and warming up my skin. It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. I find the packaging to be a little bulky and the lights are a bit tacky. It lasts for about 6 hours on my oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Color Refrence - NC 30 currently, NC 15 - NC 20 without a tan.

I truly wanted to love this bronzer. I usually love Physican's Formula, and the cool packaging and the claim that it "matched" to your skintone had me sold. I essentially paid 15$ for a lit up mirror. I really dislike the fact that there is so much glitter in this bronzer. It's very noticable when you're in the sun, tons of gold flecks that can accentuate the texture of dry skin or any blemishes that are raised on the skin. I also do not like the color at all, i feel like it is definitely on the orange spectrum and unnatural looking. I thought maybe I was putting too much on, or not blending it out good enough, but I have been using a light hand and buff it out for minutes and I still can't manage to make it look natural. Boo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this bronzer because of the recommendation from one of my favorite gurus on youtube. I had used Physicians Formula bronzers before and wasn't super impressed. They tend to be super shimmery which isn't my favorite thing when it comes to bronzers. The packaging on this is nice, it comes with a light (which is super blinding so I never use!) and a brush underneath the product itself. It is a tid bit bulky so if your traveling it might take up some space in your makeup bag. I have this in the lightest version they have and it's the perfect color for me. I'm about an NC35 in MAC for reference. It doesn't turn orange on me which I was afraid of. I've been using this daily for a bit now. It is kind of shimmery in the pan but I don't see any trace of shimmer on my face.

on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 AM

I think this is a great bronzer in the lighter shade! Perfect for winter, I am quite fair during that season. Very natural looking, not orange at all. To me it's almost the shade of a face powder for someone with MAC NC40 skintone maybe? Yes it has some shimmer but it's a quality shimmer if that makes any sense.. very fine not chunky. I always just bought my bronzers from MAC (usually just because I was buying something else there) but I've been using this one a lot more lately!! I think it's better. I love MAC but I think their bronzers are meh.
UPDATE: I took a couple lippies off. I decided this makes me look sallow :/