Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.6

AQUA (WATER), PARAFFIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARIC ACID, SORBETH-20 BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) FRUIT WAX, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, OZOKERITE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, GALACTOARABINAN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TROPOLONE, STEARYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I do not like this mascara at all. It does give you volume but it just starts coming off after a few hours! You don't even have to take your mascara off in the evening as you won't have any on.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It gives me dramatic volume with one quick coat and honestly saves me a lot of time in the morning. If i wear it on my bottom lashes, it tends to smudge under a little so if I'm in a rush i either skip putting mascara there or if I have more time I'll use a different mascara for this. This is a little annoying as most mascaras wont smudge there for me but I'll take it for how good this makes my lashes look, seriously false-lash drama with 2 coats. For those complaining about clumps, well of course it'll look a little clumpy, it's volumizing mascara! If you hate any clumps you should stick to a lengthening/separating mascara, it's the only way you can completely avoid clumps. My favorite part about this is how good it looks along without eyeliner or eyeshadow, it really defines my eyes and it's a great product for a low low price.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is really good for volume and length. The formula is on the drier side, thus the tube doesn't last for too long. Also the brush is huge, so its not suitable for lower lashes. It also can get a little clumpy if you don't let the mascara dry between coats, for times when it gets clumpy I use an old mascara brush like the clump crusher brush. When I use this mascara it looks like I have falsies on, it also holds a curl. The only downfall with this mascara is the flaking, and it flakes quite a bit, I might have to see if there's a waterproof version of this mascara. I also wish it was a bit more black, but for the price this is great.

on 5/15/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

EDIT: Upping this to 4 lippies. This has become my daily mascara for the past few months! Somehow it gets better with time, as it dries out. I know we're supposed to toss mascara out frequently, and at the price I wouldn't mind getting another tube even if I feel this still has a lot of 'juice' in it. This costs half of my HG Maybelline mascara.

For comparison, I have recently purchased and tried the I Love Crazy Extreme mascara (pink tube), which is the one everybody seems to love. (My favorite beauty blogger emilynoel, among many others). But I have to say I like the effect of the original I Love Extreme (black tube) better. Chalk it down to personal preference. The problem with the pink tube one is the fine comb-like wand separates my lashes too much, and I find that I need a little bit of clump to get the big, fat lashes I want. For casual days (groceries, errands) I would go with the Crazy Extreme, but for work, when I want a little more drama, I much prefer the I Love Extreme.

Random aside: They look nice next to each other, with the pink and black theme reversed on the other, like a makeup yin and yang. :)

The only problem is still that the fat brush that can get mascara on my lids if I'm not careful. But I've used it so often by now that I already got the hang of how to avoid that - just don't squiggle the brush in too close at the base. Or you could use a mascara shield.

Promoting this to: Yes, I would repurchase.

---

Original review: 5/15/2014 8:41:00 PM

Did not like this much when first used. It was too wet, and the brush was fat and mascara ended up on my lids often. A few weeks later, now that it has dried up a bit, I am quite liking it. Reminds me of the Maybelline Turbo ones I used to have, only this is much cheaper. Price can't be beat. Will probably not repurchase because I still have a few tubes of other mascaras I want to try. I have other Essence mascaras and this one is my go-to one for volume.

on 4/18/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hmm, saw reviews on the black one, went to Ulta and bought this for $4.99. LOVE the price and the tube is cute. I bought the hot pink one instead since it was newer and claims DOUBLE the extreme volume. So I put this on and..Im a bit disappointed. Yes, there IS volume but not without clumps. With just 1 application, I had to immediately brush through with my lash comb because my lashes were sticking together. Once dried (again, only 1 coat), some lashes had little "balls" at the ends of it which I had to pick off. The color is very black, which is nice, and again, there is volume but i'd rather have a lot of volume AND separated lashes. I also had a bit of raccoon eyes a couple of hours after-which I wont deduct any lippies for because most all mascaras do that to my oily eyes anyway. I definitely wouldnt say this gives you the "falsh eyelash" look (well, for me it absolutely did not) because i equate that with longer looking lashes. This makes my lashes look a little thicker but not longer. Its definitely an awesome price and comparable to a lot of popular DS mascaras but the look is pretty "daytime" for me. id rather just use my maybellines "full & soft" and just do 2 coats to get the same look, if not better, since F&S actually does a fantastic job of separating.
bottom line: wouldnt mind repurchasing for the rich black color & fabulous price...but clumpy.

on 2/6/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love, love this mascara. I live in Singapore and here, even the drugstore products go up to $20 like Maybelline, Lor'eal, Revlon.

So when I saw that this was 7 bucks, I immediately logged on to makeupallley and saw the reviews. I tried it on and I have NEVER been so pleasantly suprised. I have no need for falsies with this and it's really buildable and not clumpy at all. It stays put all throughout the day.

Removing it with Olive oil is a breeze. I recommend it to everyone.

on 12/13/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Let me just say i love essence, especially the BIG lash in waterproof which is AMAZING! But wp being to harsh to use all the time I ventured into washable mascaras and came across this...and its decent IF you only plan on wearing it a few hours! No longer or it will start flaking of making lashes SHORTER and STUMPIER than they originally are! Over all very disappointed even worse because they look so nice to start with then just wither away to nothing but flakes=(

PROS: (all wear off after 4-5 hours max)
-length! like falsie length
-extreme volume
-not to clumpy if applied right
-not crispy or crunchy

CONS:
-ALL the pros are temporary!
-flakes off til nothings left
-VERY weird brush
-not packaged and could have already been used