essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

AQUA (WATER), PARAFFIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARIC ACID, SORBETH-20 BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) FRUIT WAX, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, OZOKERITE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, GALACTOARABINAN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TROPOLONE, STEARYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

on 5/17/2018 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep going back to this mascara.
Pros:
★ Extremely affordable (only $2.99 at Ulta).
★ Provides awesome volume but also lots of length (false lash effect).
★ Super black.
★ Formula starts pretty wet but after a few weeks of use it becomes the perfect consistency (not too wet, not too dry).
★ Lasts but is easy to remove at the end of the day.
★ Doesn't flake or smudge.
★ The packaging appeals to me.
★ This isn't one of those mascaras that dries out super fast... it lasts as long as I want it to.

Cons:
★ The brush is large & takes some getting used to.
★ The brush is a hybrid between the look of a natural bristle & the feel of a plastic bristle (I'd prefer if the bristles weren't plastic & were softer).
★ Only in-store at Ulta in the US (as far as I'm aware).
★ It doesn't come sealed so you have to take care to make sure the one you pick out hasn't been opened.

All in all, for the price especially, the pros outweigh the cons.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Essence products are hit or miss but I really wanted to try their inexpensive mascara. I Love Extreme comes in two kinds - in black and fuchsia packaging - and they have different brushes which is unusual. I chose the black one because I only use classic stiff wands.

My initial impression was disastrous because despite looking good when applied it flaked like crazy. I could give it up after a few uses but I once noticed that on one eye it performed nice and the other one was flaking. So I became curious and experimented a bit until I got better results. My technique is to keep the first coat light and to let it dry before adding more product. I also use setting spray. It is still not the best in terms of longevity but I think it's not worse than most mascaras especially considering the price.

Currently I consider this to be one of my favorite mascaras. It instantly gives me volume and length, and holds the curl for the whole day. It has a really big brush which makes sense for longer fibers, and it combs lashes pretty well. But it can be a turn off for people who prefer smaller wands. I also make sure to wipe off the excessive product because there is a generous amount of it both inside and on the brush after taking it out.

on 5/26/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My eyelashes are somewhat long/full/curled naturally. I apply a few coats for an everyday work look just to make my eyes pop and tie my other eye makeup together. If I apply a few more coats, I can get a false-lash, lashes touching my eyebrows effect. The formula starts off kind of wet, but after a few weeks it dries down to a perfect consistency between wet and dry. I never have problems with this flaking or smudging. The key is making sure you don't get an already opened tube. The only pitfall of this product: the packaging isn't sealed in any way. So if you're at Ulta and just pick up the first one you see, it's more than likely already been opened. I'm always sure to reach for a tube towards the back of the display. For $3 or so, you really can't beat this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No. No. No.
I'm a low maintenance lass and this is way too high maintenance when for just a few more bucks, you can find a plethora of far better options. This is the first time I've wondered about actually returning a product. Also the first time I chucked something without considering if my 10-year old might like to play makeup with it.
Just a hot mess- not sure where to begin. Brush should be fine- it is my favorite type but this stuff was simply a disaster. I hate knocking things but this product had such rave reviews that I had to say something. Perhaps others are way more patient and tolerant and can make this work but I can swipe and go with amazing lashes for just a buck or two more in other brands so .... NO.

on 1/30/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Adds volume to my straight lashes. Separates them nicely and is a nice deep black. I remove the excess product on a tissue so it doesn't get too clumpy. The brush is quite big so I have to be careful it doesn't get on my eyelid. Didn't flake on me until it started getting old, but for the price its easily replaceable.

on 7/5/2016 5:51:00 AM

I've recently this covered essence and I'm sooooo happy with every single products that I've bought. Such an affordable brand with awesome quality; the ones that I've purchased don't contain parabens too... so win win. and this mascara is EVERY thing, so black so pretty, never clumps or sth does NOT flake and give u that panda eye... deffinetly a repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go-to drugstore mascara. When I need more mascara but don't have the $$ to buy my HG (TF BTS) I go for this one instead. It's $2.99 at Ulta.

The brush has traditional bristles and is pretty big, which is my preference. The formula isn't too wet or too dry (starts off quite wet but it's workable & becomes a drier consistency with continued use.) This gives plenty of volume, blackness, & enough length to satisfy me (I want my lashes to look fake.) I never have problems with this flaking or smudging. It can be built up without lashes looking clumpy or spidery.

I'd recommend this to anyone, just make sure before you buy that no one has opened or messed with it before, since it doesn't come in any type of external packaging or with a safety seal.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in the waterproof formula and put it to the test by swimming shortly after applying it. Happy to say it passed the test. No smudging or smearing and my lashes actually feel soft, not stiff. This was a real shocker to me. I wouldn't say I have "extreme volume" but it works well enough for me to re-purchase. And it removes easily with my cleansing balm too. If you haven't tried Essence brand because it's super affordable and you think it doesn't perform, give it a try; there are some really great finds in this line.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm pretty picky when it comes to mascara. When I went to buy this one, at first I was thinking about getting the Extreme Crazy Volume version, but when I saw the brush I was like hell no (I prefer a more traditional wand.) The I Heart Extreme Volume had a more promising looking brush so I picked it up instead.

Well, the bristles to this are still synthetic. They're not rubberized but I prefer a natural bristle. The product itself is pretty good though. One of the better drugstore mascaras I've used. It's cruelty-free and cost $2.99 so I can't complain about it not living up to my HG Too Faced mascara. With this one I have to work with it a little more and need several coats to get me built up to the volume and length I prefer (still falling a bit short.) Really though, for three bucks which is cheaper than even most drugstore mascaras, it's fine.

The formula is pretty wet initially but dries out the more you use it. The drier it gets the better IMO. Doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day.

One thing that sucks about this is there's no plastic seal on the outside and it's not packaged. So you have to carefully inspect the tube before buying to make sure no one has messed with it.

I'd repurchase if I needed new mascara again and didn't have the money at the time for my HG which costs 8 times this much.

on 1/8/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

In general, I hate big brushes, my type of brush is silicone, like max factor false lash effect's. But this big brush is amazing. My lashes are looking big and voluminous. I was using its extreme version but from now on I will continue with this.