Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

4.1

AQUA (WATER), PARAFFIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARIC ACID, SORBETH-20 BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) FRUIT WAX, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, OZOKERITE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, GALACTOARABINAN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TROPOLONE, STEARYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

on 5/17/2018 10:05:00 AM

I like a dry mascara but this was too dry for me. It also clumps upon application and really needs to be combed through. The worst part was the flaking: by the end of the day this flaked all around my eyes. That's really the deal-breaker for me.

Sure, it's cheap but what good is that if the product itself sucks?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is nice, nothing spectacular, but nice. Makes my lashes quite voluminous, but doesn't hold a curl with two coats, and tends to leave smugdes on the skin during the day. Easy to get off though, and really inexpensive, so might want to give it a go if you're curious. I'm going to use it up, but then continue trying out other Essence mascaras.

on 3/10/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a hell of a mascara - LOVE IT!!!!!! Up until now L'oreal Telescopic has been my favorite mascara but I think I love this one even more. For folks that haven't liked this mascara in the past - they just introduced a new formula. This mascara gives me very thick wet looking lashes and does not smudge or flake. I also get quite bit of length too. AND it was only 4.99!

on 12/12/2016 12:51:00 AM

I can't get my HG mascara here in Australia (Voluminous) so I've been on the hunt for an affordable drugstore makeup. I use LancĂ´me Cils Booster as a lash primer, and this mascara does a great job of giving me some volume to my lashes. For under $6 AUD, I think this is a good deal. It doesn't flake and lasts all day.

First of all, this is a review for the WATERPROOF version.

For the longest time I've been very disappointed in mascaras, as I found that none ticked all the boxes for me. Where you had volume, there was clumping, where you had definition, there was no impact etc. My lashes are quite long on their own so usually I look for mascara that just adds a "fuller" effect and a fluttery look.

Not knowing what to expect and since I use a cleansing oil for makeup removal anyways I thought I'd pick the waterproof version for better or for worse.

Well this mascara is INCREDIBLE for the money. The fat bristle brush gave me no issues whatsoever - however I can see how it could be a problem for those with smaller or hooded eyes - and the formula can't be easily described as either wet or dry. I'd say it's wet but not the kind that gets everywhere and clumps your lashes together. Surprisingly, despite the large brush the application was very even and smooth and all my lashes seem to be coated in just the right amount of product very quickly. The impact is almost instantly noticed. What I love the most about it, is how it defines my lashes well and separates them and how I can add coats without them sticking together or looking spidery. Maybe it isn't the most volumizing mascara out there, as I don't find it gives much "body" to my lashes but the effect is still pretty and fluttery and works great from day to night.

As for the lasting power, naturally being a waterproof mascara it didn't give me any smudging throughout the day. Luckily it removed very easily with my cleansing oil just like any other non-waterproof mascara.

My mother who is 60 years old and has short and straight lashes used it and also was quite impressed with it.

Overall, I think this is a superb find and for the price you cannot beat it. Are there better mascaras out there? It's likely. But at the end of the day, mascaras work so differently from person to person that you can't know if it suits you until you try it. This one did it for me.

EDIT: I found overtime that this mascara tends to flake a bit during the day (nothing crazy though) and the formula seems to have dried out rather quickly making it a bit chunky to use.

on 9/8/2016 9:04:00 PM

It is extremely adorable, but I think it is worth spend a little more for something better. You definitely get what you pay for here. It made my lashes look spiky and overdone. I also had a very tough time trying to take it off at the end of the day. Yuck!

on 4/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

This is one of the best mascaras I've used.I like that it's true black and also the consistency lets you apply your mascara very quickly,if in hurry.Thick formula,makes lashes more volumised than longer.It does make lashes pretty long too,though.I'm not surprised it is very well liked mascara.I'm not sure what it costs in the stores but I would pay more than 6$ for getting it.Now that I'm out of it,I'll buy more and maybe couple of them,so it lasts :)))

This mascara is great, but I prefer the Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara. I have a review on that one as well if you want to check it out.

The applicator is big and bushy, and is very good for getting mascara all over your eyes lol. But the brush does pick up a lot of product and gets to every lash, so that's a plus.

The formula is wet and I'm not a huge fan of wet formulas. They tend to not hold a curl and and get mascara everywhere. This one did get everywhere lol but it's not hard to clean. Kind of holds a curl; I have mascaras that hold one a lot better.

Lengthens well, gives volume, lasts about 7 hours to it's full potential, clumps a little bit and holds a curl ok. I use this mascara on top of others and it works beautifully that way.

Overall, good mascara. Not blown away, but a nice one to try.

I feel like I rave about essence almost too much, but this mascara is just so great. Lashes galore. Reminds me of Lancome's Hypnose star if it had a tapered brush. I like to use a smaller, silicone brush as I have fine lashes and the big bushy brushes don't separate as much as I'd like. Even if I do use the brush I get a great, full result.

My Favorite mascara of all time!!!((-and ive tried a lot!! ))
Great price, good quality and wonderful product. Makes my eyelashes very volumeized and beautiful!! I always go back and buy more.