3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

21 days ago

very good mascara. one of the best at the drugstore, IMO. it's not flaky yet gives volume and length. the black is very black and it lasts the whole day. i love it. repurchasing for sure.

About reviewer (459 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This has to be my favorite mascara !!!! At the beginning it’s a bit too wet but after a few months it becomes the perfect formula . What I really love about this mascara that it doesn’t create a harshness in the eyelashes that a lot of mascara do! It makes the lashes fluffy and flirty and curves the lashes beautifully. It provides volume and length at the the same time but nothing too crazy !! But the only downside is that the brush is a little too big so you have to be careful using it so you don’t smudge any mascara on your eyelids , I just wish it was a bit smaller so it’s easier to work with

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrown

2 years ago

Amazing mascara!! Very affordable and cruelty free. It darkens, curls and lift my lashes.. Hg

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

3.0
from

2 years ago

I like a dry mascara but this was too dry for me. It also clumps upon application and really needs to be combed through. The worst part was the flaking: by the end of the day this flaked all around my eyes. That's really the deal-breaker for me. Sure, it's cheap but what good is that if the product itself sucks?

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I keep going back to this mascara. Pros: ★ Extremely affordable (only $2.99 at Ulta). ★ Provides awesome volume but also lots of length (false lash effect). ★ Super black. ★ Formula starts pretty wet but after a few weeks of use it becomes the perfect consistency (not too wet, not too dry). ★ Lasts but is easy to remove at the end of the day. ★ Doesn't flake or smudge. ★ The packaging appeals to me. ★ This isn't one of those mascaras that dries out super fast... it lasts as long as I want it to. Cons: ★ The brush is large & takes some getting used to. ★ The brush is a hybrid between the look of a natural bristle & the feel of a plastic bristle (I'd prefer if the bristles weren't plastic & were softer). ★ Only in-store at Ulta in the US (as far as I'm aware). ★ It doesn't come sealed so you have to take care to make sure the one you pick out hasn't been opened. All in all, for the price especially, the pros outweigh the cons.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

I do not like this mascara at all. It does give you volume but it just starts coming off after a few hours! You don't even have to take your mascara off in the evening as you won't have any on.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

This is nice, nothing spectacular, but nice. Makes my lashes quite voluminous, but doesn't hold a curl with two coats, and tends to leave smugdes on the skin during the day. Easy to get off though, and really inexpensive, so might want to give it a go if you're curious. I'm going to use it up, but then continue trying out other Essence mascaras.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Other, Other

2 years ago

Essence products are hit or miss but I really wanted to try their inexpensive mascara. I Love Extreme comes in two kinds - in black and fuchsia packaging - and they have different brushes which is unusual. I chose the black one because I only use classic stiff wands. My initial impression was disastrous because despite looking good when applied it flaked like crazy. I could give it up after a few uses but I once noticed that on one eye it performed nice and the other one was flaking. So I became curious and experimented a bit until I got better results. My technique is to keep the first coat light and to let it dry before adding more product. I also use setting spray. It is still not the best in terms of longevity but I think it's not worse than most mascaras especially considering the price. Currently I consider this to be one of my favorite mascaras. It instantly gives me volume and length, and holds the curl for the whole day. It has a really big brush which makes sense for longer fibers, and it combs lashes pretty well. But it can be a turn off for people who prefer smaller wands. I also make sure to wipe off the excessive product because there is a generous amount of it both inside and on the brush after taking it out.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

My eyelashes are somewhat long/full/curled naturally. I apply a few coats for an everyday work look just to make my eyes pop and tie my other eye makeup together. If I apply a few more coats, I can get a false-lash, lashes touching my eyebrows effect. The formula starts off kind of wet, but after a few weeks it dries down to a perfect consistency between wet and dry. I never have problems with this flaking or smudging. The key is making sure you don't get an already opened tube. The only pitfall of this product: the packaging isn't sealed in any way. So if you're at Ulta and just pick up the first one you see, it's more than likely already been opened. I'm always sure to reach for a tube towards the back of the display. For $3 or so, you really can't beat this mascara.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

3 years ago

This is a hell of a mascara - LOVE IT!!!!!! Up until now L'oreal Telescopic has been my favorite mascara but I think I love this one even more. For folks that haven't liked this mascara in the past - they just introduced a new formula. This mascara gives me very thick wet looking lashes and does not smudge or flake. I also get quite bit of length too. AND it was only 4.99!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age44-55