L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

2.8

on 1/4/2017 6:30:00 PM

HORRIBLE!
Bought this recently because I wanted a bb cream, and was very intrigued by the formular. Then i put it on, and about a minute later my skin was orange. Very, very orange. Not the orange you get when you put on a foundation too dark for your skin tone, just orange. Plus, it's really patchy.
You can try it on, and maybe it's your skin tone, but just let it sit on the skin for a while. The color darkens drastically.
I had high hopes, and i really should have read the reviews. Just don't make my mistake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is probably the worst BB Cream I have ever tried. I was drawn to it, of course, by the price and by a flicker of hope that "smart pigment capsules" could actually match my pale complexion.

They didn't. At all. The lightest shade is still way too dark and gets darker over time. I really wanted to be able to throw a BB cream on and go about my summer days without a full makeup routine, but at some point I tried with a primer. The primer made it so that the pigment never changed from white, which was really strange, but still closer to my actual complexion than the orangey color it turns into on its own. That being said, I would not wear this out of the house because it is just so dreadfully bad.

Color issues aside, I did not find this very moisturizing and granted, it is a BB, it had virtually zero coverage.

It does have SPF 20 in it though. Which is just about the only thing that works for my pale skin.

on 8/10/2016 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was really impressed by the way the product was white at first,and when applied it took a skin-tone colour,so I decided to give it a try,as I am a big fan of BB creams. However,I was truly disappointed. I own the shade for light skin tone,but it comes off orange on my skin and the result is not at all flattering. Its coverage is poor and it also gives my skin an annoying blurry look.

on 8/4/2016 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

IMO, this is a solid product.

I tend to lean more towards products that are sheer to medium coverage and the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream is one of those.

It comes in the standard tube (which I love) and when you squeeze the product out, the colour is white and dappled with little purple dots. When you apply the cream and start to rub it in, you can visibly see the colour start to change and match your skin tone. The finish tends to have a little bit of shine, but not complete dewiness. I'd say it's a very 'skin-like' finish.

I like this product because it leaves you looking very fresh-faced and in my case, injects some colour back into my dull skin. It does a good job at evening out my skin tone and covering the redness of some of my spots, but that's where the pros stop.

The one ultimate con of this product is the SMELL. It is absolutely horrendous. I don't know if I just got a bad tube or if it's only the ones they sell in Australia but I cannot stand it. Straight up, it smells like fish. Disgusting.

If they could get rid of that offending smell, I would repurchase.

on 7/2/2016 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's been a while since I've last worn it, but from what I can recall, the texture seemed to be quite nice, coverage about light to medium, and the finish satin, leaning on dewy. However, what made this product so unwearable for me was the colour - the fair shade looked more like medium, and the medium shade felt like a bad hommage to the orange self-tanning accidents of the '80s and '90s. Even with a slight tan (it was the time before I started using sunscreen daily), I couldn't make this work on my (then) fair-to-medium skin. Quite a shame, but what can you do.

on 1/2/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Usually a EL double wear gal, but was getting fed up of how heavy it was for day to day use. the only bad reviews for nude magique i found were commenting on the orangeness and i'm guessing the majority of those that tried it were fair skinned (i'm medium toned with a weird mix of peach and yellow undertones) it's a grainy, white cream that blends into your complexion (or at least something close to your skin colour anyway haha). I've tried something similar to this in the past (body shop's all in one bb cream - long story short it was terrible for my skin lol) but this one did ok!

tried it without moisturising and it clung onto my dry patches on my cheeks, so next time i'll try moisturising beforehand and see how it goes. i've had it on for about 4 hours and my face could probably do with some powder/blotting, i have combo oily skin anyway so it's nothing new. also felt like it was very slightly burning when i first applied it, but my skin is pretty strange so have no idea what else could have triggered it.

i like the colour when its applied. definitely doesn't cover up all imperfections (my main issue at the moment is hyperpigmentation) so you'll probably need a concealer if you're dealing with that. does a good job at evening out some redness. this is nice for everyday use, i'll see how it fairs for a full day and edit. price is also a bit steep for the amount you get but it beats dropping nearly £30 on a foundation that was making me look too over made-up and even old. hoping this works out!!!

on 12/31/2015 8:49:00 AM

I really like this product, it gives my skin a silky touch. It does even out my tone pretty well, I have combination skin and it worked perfectly everywhere. It gives a light coverage, it does have a little orange tone when first applied but as soon as you put some powder the color softens. I would recommend it for anyone searching for a light coverage bb cream that feels awesome in your skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product I got the light shade cause in the shop medium was to dark
Put in on today and it was a dirty orange color doesnt go on smooth either yuck what a waste of $17 AUS
Don't bother wasting your money

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

First when i tried this BB cream in the store, i loved it. However when i used it at home i was extremely disappointed. I have tanned skin so bought the medium shade but it's a few shades dark for me and even looks orange. The coverage isnt great also, could have been much better. The price is affordable but i would not buy the product again. So disappointed.

on 8/30/2015 12:44:00 PM

This offers no coverage, and literally does nothing but turn me orange. And I'm not even talking like a tan kind of orange. Just orange.