L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

2.8

on 8/10/2017 2:17:00 PM

Not all BB creams are created equal. And this one is in a class of its own AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET ONE OF THE DODGY MANUFACTURING RUNS. Which can make the colour too deep / too dark / and yes, orangey as other reviewers have stated. I've had a couple of tubes like that which I've had to return. I even memorised which batch numbers to avoid (which I can't accurately recall now but I think they either started with, or contained, K00___ something, or KB00___ something). I could be wrong. Memory fades and it was a while ago. And no doubt the numbers have probably moved on by now.
But all I'd say is if the store has a tester (and its the right shade) just make sure the new tubes are the same batch number.
That was about 3 years ago when they seemed to be having those production problems. The last two I've bought in the Light shade have been fine.
To the product itself - apart from the cool formula (which comes out white, then colours on application) what I love about this is the invisible finish.
I'm in my 50’s now (which sucks btw, LOL!!) and despite lifelong good skincare habits, even though I don't have wrinkles I'm dealing with gravity. When skin is young and pulled taut pores are invisible. When it starts to loosen a little and head south pores are exaggerated. I was finding regular foundation was just sitting in the pores and emphasizing them. This BB cream doesn't. In fact it does the opposite; it seems to conceal them.
There appears to be only two shades; Fair and Medium but the idea is it contains (undetectable) “micro-pigment capsules that transform and self-adjust to match your skin tone”. The coverage is light, but it IS buildable.
I apply it as you would a foundation (with moisturiser and a bare touch of primer underneath), give it a fine dusting of translucent powder, then go over it with a mineral veil. That takes it from light, to medium coverage and gives it a luminous, even finish.
I find, these days, results from this are far better than from regular foundation.
I've tried a few other BB creams but they don't compare to this (AS LONG AS YOU GET A GOOD TUBE and the right shade!!).

Awful. I have tried many BB creams to help even out my skin tone and hide (although still visible) hormonal acne. I have never been a fan of a full makeup face but I thought something like this would work. It was orange. And I mean ORANGE. Oompa-loompa. Even in the lightest tone. Never again.

on 8/4/2016 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

IMO, this is a solid product.

I tend to lean more towards products that are sheer to medium coverage and the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream is one of those.

It comes in the standard tube (which I love) and when you squeeze the product out, the colour is white and dappled with little purple dots. When you apply the cream and start to rub it in, you can visibly see the colour start to change and match your skin tone. The finish tends to have a little bit of shine, but not complete dewiness. I'd say it's a very 'skin-like' finish.

I like this product because it leaves you looking very fresh-faced and in my case, injects some colour back into my dull skin. It does a good job at evening out my skin tone and covering the redness of some of my spots, but that's where the pros stop.

The one ultimate con of this product is the SMELL. It is absolutely horrendous. I don't know if I just got a bad tube or if it's only the ones they sell in Australia but I cannot stand it. Straight up, it smells like fish. Disgusting.

If they could get rid of that offending smell, I would repurchase.

on 8/10/2016 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was really impressed by the way the product was white at first,and when applied it took a skin-tone colour,so I decided to give it a try,as I am a big fan of BB creams. However,I was truly disappointed. I own the shade for light skin tone,but it comes off orange on my skin and the result is not at all flattering. Its coverage is poor and it also gives my skin an annoying blurry look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is probably the worst BB Cream I have ever tried. I was drawn to it, of course, by the price and by a flicker of hope that "smart pigment capsules" could actually match my pale complexion.

They didn't. At all. The lightest shade is still way too dark and gets darker over time. I really wanted to be able to throw a BB cream on and go about my summer days without a full makeup routine, but at some point I tried with a primer. The primer made it so that the pigment never changed from white, which was really strange, but still closer to my actual complexion than the orangey color it turns into on its own. That being said, I would not wear this out of the house because it is just so dreadfully bad.

Color issues aside, I did not find this very moisturizing and granted, it is a BB, it had virtually zero coverage.

It does have SPF 20 in it though. Which is just about the only thing that works for my pale skin.

on 1/4/2017 6:30:00 PM

HORRIBLE!
Bought this recently because I wanted a bb cream, and was very intrigued by the formular. Then i put it on, and about a minute later my skin was orange. Very, very orange. Not the orange you get when you put on a foundation too dark for your skin tone, just orange. Plus, it's really patchy.
You can try it on, and maybe it's your skin tone, but just let it sit on the skin for a while. The color darkens drastically.
I had high hopes, and i really should have read the reviews. Just don't make my mistake.

on 1/2/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Usually a EL double wear gal, but was getting fed up of how heavy it was for day to day use. the only bad reviews for nude magique i found were commenting on the orangeness and i'm guessing the majority of those that tried it were fair skinned (i'm medium toned with a weird mix of peach and yellow undertones) it's a grainy, white cream that blends into your complexion (or at least something close to your skin colour anyway haha). I've tried something similar to this in the past (body shop's all in one bb cream - long story short it was terrible for my skin lol) but this one did ok!

tried it without moisturising and it clung onto my dry patches on my cheeks, so next time i'll try moisturising beforehand and see how it goes. i've had it on for about 4 hours and my face could probably do with some powder/blotting, i have combo oily skin anyway so it's nothing new. also felt like it was very slightly burning when i first applied it, but my skin is pretty strange so have no idea what else could have triggered it.

i like the colour when its applied. definitely doesn't cover up all imperfections (my main issue at the moment is hyperpigmentation) so you'll probably need a concealer if you're dealing with that. does a good job at evening out some redness. this is nice for everyday use, i'll see how it fairs for a full day and edit. price is also a bit steep for the amount you get but it beats dropping nearly £30 on a foundation that was making me look too over made-up and even old. hoping this works out!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product I got the light shade cause in the shop medium was to dark
Put in on today and it was a dirty orange color doesnt go on smooth either yuck what a waste of $17 AUS
Don't bother wasting your money

on 12/31/2015 8:49:00 AM

I really like this product, it gives my skin a silky touch. It does even out my tone pretty well, I have combination skin and it worked perfectly everywhere. It gives a light coverage, it does have a little orange tone when first applied but as soon as you put some powder the color softens. I would recommend it for anyone searching for a light coverage bb cream that feels awesome in your skin!

on 7/2/2016 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Packaging: 3
Buy again? No.

It's been a while since I've last worn it, but from what I can recall, the texture seemed to be quite nice, coverage about light to medium, and the finish satin, leaning on dewy. However, what made this product so unwearable for me was the colour - the fair shade looked more like medium, and the medium shade felt like a bad hommage to the orange self-tanning accidents of the '80s and '90s. Even with a slight tan (it was the time before I started using sunscreen daily), I couldn't make this work on my (then) fair-to-medium skin. Quite a shame, but what can you do.