Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace

Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace
Sleek Blush trio in LaceSleek Blush trios swatchesBlush by 3 in LaceBlush by 3 in LaceBlush by 3 in Lace

4.7

on 5/28/2017 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I own all the Sleek blush palettes and Lace is my favorite and has been in my rotation for the last 5 years.
The coral and orange shades are great for spring/summer and suit my complexion nicely (NC42,yellow undertones).

The orange shade- 'crochet' is my favorite and most used in the palette but all the colors are beautiful. It is nicely pigmented, yet blendable - not as intense as their Pink Sprint palette which needs a very light hand. The packaging is great and the sizeable mirror is handy for travel.

Lace will suit almost all fair to medium brown complexions and at £10 for 20 grams of product, it is great value.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sleek blushes are an incredible bargain. This palette contains 20 g of blush at such an affordable price! Per gram, their palettes are the cheapest blush I own! And the colors are fantastic! And they are pigmented! And they are compact and easy to store!

Okay!

So, Guipure in the middle is reportedly the same as Sleek's Rose Gold (the shimmery gold pink forever compared to O). The matte peach/orange shade on the left (Crochet) is apparently a dupe for the LE Pan Tao. And Chantilly - the matte coral red - is unique and my favorite.

So many blush ranges do the standard colors - warm pink, cool pink, berry, period. If you are a blush aficionado, Sleek's shade range should delight you. While they don't major in everyday, wearable nudes, they rock out some great, clear toned colors. Crochet (the
orange) and Chantilly (the red) are awesome examples of this - clear and vivid. Guipure is a bit softer in shade and is the most traditionally 'wearable' shade.

The colors are all very do-able on me (pale yellow/olive), with Chantilly being especially striking. The matte shades must be used with care - tap LIGHTLY - and blended well - very pigmented. They are a bit dryer than the shimmery shade and need more blending. They also kick up powder easily if you tap too hard (easy easy). You can dip into a powder like Reserve Your Cabana before dipping into the mattes to add a bit of slip and help them blend better. Guipure is less pigmented, less powdery, and blends better.

This blush collection would almost be all you need for a LOT of looks (unless you are a blush addict, like me). I doubt I'll ever need to repurchase, you need so little product, and there is so much included.

PS - I am in Canada and had no problem ordering directly from Sleek's website.

on 8/17/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sleek blushers are amazing and this is no different. They are buttery and pigmented and last as long as your foundation. 3 blushes for £8 - you really can't go wrong!

on 10/16/2015 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

very pigmented, soft and buttery. The packaging is sturdy and you get a little mirror. you have to be light-handed with this palette, you don't need much. great value for money

on 9/14/2015 12:52:00 PM

I must be in the minority here because I do not like this product. I am blush junkie so I know where I'm coming from.

Good things first. The packaging is great. It is very NARS-esque but still quite sturdy, durable and actually pretty to look at. It does not feel cheap like say NYX packaging. So good job there Sleek!

Onto the product itself, the blushes are pigmented. Way too pigmented. That's my quip with this product. It might sound like a good thing but it is not. You want your blush to mimic a natural flush and not clown cheeks. If there is great pigmentation, the blendability should also be great. Like say, NARS or Illamasqua blushes which are also insanely pigmented but blend out very easily. These blushes are just pigmented with no blendability and I am not even fair skinned. Medium toned infact. I can only wonder how much of a disaster they would be on fair skinned beauties.

I don't mind a sheen in my blushes but the middle colour is a glitter bomb. No matter how much I blend and try to sheer it out, I can still see chunky glitter on my face. Not a cute look. It is supposed to be a dupe for NARS Orgasm which also has very chunky glitter, so it might be a good thing if you're looking for that kinda thing. In my opinion, it doesn't look very natural and definitely not day time appropriate.

Overall, I am sort of disappointed as I had high hopes. If you're a beginner and do not know how to work with difficult blushes, then do not get this palette. It takes alot of elbow grease to make it work.

I'll be honest and say it upfront: I doubt I'll ever hit pan on any of the Sleek blushes I own. And for a very good reason these blushes are so incredibly pigmented, all you've got to do is tap your brush on the pan with a very, very light hand and you'll probably have enough for both cheeks, if you are fair-skinned like me (I'm lighter than NC15).

I own many blushes, and I do not normally gravitate towards bright, warm reds as I've got this irrational fear that these blushes will turn my already pink-undertoned skin even redder.

These blushes surprised me though! Once applied with a very light hand, the two matte shades give me such a healthy and, I daresay, happy glow, while the shimmery shade works as a beautiful blush when heading out for the evening.

I always use a natural hair brush to pick up product, as I find that synthetic brushes sometimes pick up too much product for my liking. I've had this palette for a good three years (maybe more) now, and the packaging is incredibly sturdy for a drugstore product. It's survived many a holiday with me, and I'm not a very good packer... I usually throw all my makeup haphazardly into one large bag and pray for the best. =p

In all, a beautifully affordable makeup brand from the drugstore, and their blushes are, honestly, oh-so lovely!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These blushers are soooo soft and buttery. They are super pigmented, which can be a plus or a negative. I tend to use the middle colour as a blush topper since it's on the more sheer but shimmery side. It looks lovely paired with the red colour. I love the packaging, it has a great mirror and the compact is really chic looking and slim. I don't tend to use this palette too much since the colours are a little bright, but I do love the formula and packaging!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I already use Sleek eye shadows and I found the blushes in the palette to be as pigmented and long lasting as the shadows. Maybe the middle shade is a bit off: as a blusher it doesn't show so much on my medium skin, as a highlighter it's not shimmery enough... I guess it's gorgeous on pale skin though. You can't beat the price for 3 blushes of this quality.

on 3/27/2015 7:33:00 AM

Love this! Bought it after reading reviews the colours look abit 'out there' in the pallet but lovely on the skin! Lasts well too

on 10/16/2014 6:21:00 AM

so beautiful! i got this one and another one called pumpkin and they are absolutely perfect. i haven't stopped using sleeks blushers since i got them.
i bought them online on the actual store website, i cant remember the price but i think its somewhere around the $10-14 au mark. and sooo worth the price.
first of all they come in nice black slim packaging with a mirror which is amazing for on the go. the pigment on them is incredible so you only need a small amount and it gives you the prettiest colour, with amazing blend-ability... 10/10 would recommend this !

Popular Blush Products