Essence Mattifying Compact Powder

Mattifying Compact Powder

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Fabulous product at a great price. I have repurchaded this many times and will keep on repurchasing it.

on 4/5/2018 10:48:00 AM

I really like this!!!
It makes my face feel really soft, so even if it didnt stay on my face for long its still worth it (it does though)
the colour is great (im extremely pale) , and I often wear it alone (with no foundation or anything like that).
great product!!!

Such a good product for the price. Just wish the compact wasn't so flimsy.

This is my HG for drug store powder. I have re-purchased several times. Only con is the packaging is a bit cheap and breaks easily.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder is not only too beige for my olive/yellowish complexion, it also doesn't hold up that long. My skin is very oily and most powders last about 2 hours on me before I have to touch up but this one doesn't even let me leave the room looking matte. It's very cheap tho.

on 7/29/2016 1:48:00 PM

I got the clear one and it's crap. My skin is very prone to shine and i NEED powder to set my makeup in the morning. This powder (used after BB cream and regular powder) leaves a weird ghostly shadow and prevent shine for...5 minutes?
Plus the case is very hard to open, broke two nails already :(
I usually LOVE Essence products but this one is going in the trash. Too bad...

on 5/10/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Good product and good price. I got both this version and clear complexion version, and they both work for my primary need: greasy lids! I apply a decent amount before applying eyeliner, and it definitely helps in making it lasting longer, without smudging or transfering under the brows. Maybe the clear complexion one works even better in keeping grease under control. I had the chance of trying other compact powders for the same purpose and nothing seems to work better than these two. I couldn't be happier, because for 3 euros I can't ask for more!

I love this powder. I use it everyday for work and it's light and feels amazing on my skin. Blends well with bronzer and smells yummy.

This powder is super silky, the shade 05 somehow works perfectly on my incredibly pale skin, and it makes my skin look radiant even without any foundation. So impressed with this powder, not to mention it smells amazing.I've also tried their fixing powder and I've got to say I like this one better. There are very few essence products I haven't loved. This also doesn't break me out at all.

on 12/14/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. From someone who's always on the hunt for good drugstore products, this is a gem. My experience with Essence's liquid foundations weren't quite pleasant so I was two-minded about their compact powder. After considering the price , I just decided to give it a go and was more than pleasantly surprised ! The matte finish is stunning for setting foundations and the texture of the powder is gorgeously silky . For the price you're honestly going to struggle to find one that compares. I'll definitely be repurchasing.