Essence Mattifying Compact Powder

Essence Mattifying Compact Powder
Mattifying Compact Powder

3.8

Such a good product for the price. Just wish the compact wasn't so flimsy.

This is my HG for drug store powder. I have re-purchased several times. Only con is the packaging is a bit cheap and breaks easily.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder is not only too beige for my olive/yellowish complexion, it also doesn't hold up that long. My skin is very oily and most powders last about 2 hours on me before I have to touch up but this one doesn't even let me leave the room looking matte. It's very cheap tho.

on 7/29/2016 1:48:00 PM

I got the clear one and it's crap. My skin is very prone to shine and i NEED powder to set my makeup in the morning. This powder (used after BB cream and regular powder) leaves a weird ghostly shadow and prevent shine for...5 minutes?
Plus the case is very hard to open, broke two nails already :(
I usually LOVE Essence products but this one is going in the trash. Too bad...

on 5/10/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Good product and good price. I got both this version and clear complexion version, and they both work for my primary need: greasy lids! I apply a decent amount before applying eyeliner, and it definitely helps in making it lasting longer, without smudging or transfering under the brows. Maybe the clear complexion one works even better in keeping grease under control. I had the chance of trying other compact powders for the same purpose and nothing seems to work better than these two. I couldn't be happier, because for 3 euros I can't ask for more!

I love this powder. I use it everyday for work and it's light and feels amazing on my skin. Blends well with bronzer and smells yummy.

This powder is super silky, the shade 05 somehow works perfectly on my incredibly pale skin, and it makes my skin look radiant even without any foundation. So impressed with this powder, not to mention it smells amazing.I've also tried their fixing powder and I've got to say I like this one better. There are very few essence products I haven't loved. This also doesn't break me out at all.

on 12/14/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. From someone who's always on the hunt for good drugstore products, this is a gem. My experience with Essence's liquid foundations weren't quite pleasant so I was two-minded about their compact powder. After considering the price , I just decided to give it a go and was more than pleasantly surprised ! The matte finish is stunning for setting foundations and the texture of the powder is gorgeously silky . For the price you're honestly going to struggle to find one that compares. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/28/2015 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love it! I've already repurchased it three times and I don't intend to stop using it. Mattifies the skin without looking like you have anything on your face, and I mean that in the best possible way. For its ridiculously low price, it's a very pleasant surprise.

on 4/21/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like this a LOT. A huge reason is because of the price. It's normally cheap, but I got mine for under a dollar because it was discontinued. I just wanted a simple powder to put on at work to make me look a little less dead. This doesn't have major coverage as it's only a powder, but I still see a difference. I was also a litte hesitant with mattifying powder because I don't have tons of shine and I don't want to look cakey. But I do sometimes use jojoba oil or sunscreen and I see some slickness left over. So this really helps with that. I got a color that I guess I can't get again, but I would repurchase this line. I've since tried Rimmel and other comparable ones so it's not like this is the best of them all. I can say that having tried it, I like it. The only problem is that it did break very easily, but the price is great, so consider re-potting/crumbling this onto a loose powder in a different container.