Essence Mattifying Compact Powder

Essence Mattifying Compact Powder

3.9

on 5/10/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Good product and good price. I got both this version and clear complexion version, and they both work for my primary need: greasy lids! I apply a decent amount before applying eyeliner, and it definitely helps in making it lasting longer, without smudging or transfering under the brows. Maybe the clear complexion one works even better in keeping grease under control. I had the chance of trying other compact powders for the same purpose and nothing seems to work better than these two. I couldn't be happier, because for 3 euros I can't ask for more!

I love this powder. I use it everyday for work and it's light and feels amazing on my skin. Blends well with bronzer and smells yummy.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

This powder is super silky, the shade 05 somehow works perfectly on my incredibly pale skin, and it makes my skin look radiant even without any foundation. So impressed with this powder, not to mention it smells amazing.I've also tried their fixing powder and I've got to say I like this one better. There are very few essence products I haven't loved. This also doesn't break me out at all.

on 12/14/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. From someone who's always on the hunt for good drugstore products, this is a gem. My experience with Essence's liquid foundations weren't quite pleasant so I was two-minded about their compact powder. After considering the price , I just decided to give it a go and was more than pleasantly surprised ! The matte finish is stunning for setting foundations and the texture of the powder is gorgeously silky . For the price you're honestly going to struggle to find one that compares. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/28/2015 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love it! I've already repurchased it three times and I don't intend to stop using it. Mattifies the skin without looking like you have anything on your face, and I mean that in the best possible way. For its ridiculously low price, it's a very pleasant surprise.

on 4/21/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like this a LOT. A huge reason is because of the price. It's normally cheap but I got mine for under a dollar because it was discontinued. I just wanted a simple powder to put on at work to make me look a little less dead lol. This doesn't have major coverage as it's only a powder, but I still see a differnce. I was also a litte hesitant with mattifying powder because I don't have tons of shine and I don't want to look cakey. But I do sometimes use jojoba oil or sunscreen and I see some slickness left over. So this really helps with that. I got a color that I guess I can't get again, but I would repurchase. Then again, I haven't used powder in ages. I've heard good things about Rimmel and other comparable ones so it's not like I can say this is the best of them all. But I can say that having tried it, I like it.

on 4/11/2015 3:23:00 PM

This was ok. It was very good for the price, but for me it just didn't cut it. Honestly when i first got it i thought it was great! But then i bought some other ones and realized that they were waaaaaay better. If you're just starting your makeup collection i would say this powder is a good inexpensive product to buy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have the 10 light beige and I absolutely love it ! The powder itself light and gives off a flawless finish as well a natural look - which is what I like ! I have very oily skin so I am always having to reapply powders in order to hide the shine, this powder did me wonders! I only had to re apply a couple of times throughout the day compared to other pressed face powder where I as always having to re apply it to my face. It has a natural cover to and doesn't clog your pores up to the extent where you can see it like some powders do. It is cheap therefore you wouldn't think it would work but it does! Do not let the price foul you - another bonus to the essence products! The packaging is very sturdy and durable - went everywhere with me and even though the name has rubbed off its still in tack. I would defiantly re purchase this powder and recommend it to people with oily skin.

on 1/25/2015 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

=Pros=
-Matt, Absorbs excess oils
-Excellent price
-Simple, compact packaging

=Cons=
-Need to touch up more often
-Makes pores on nose seem bigger

Overall, good product. I would buy more of it.

on 7/18/2014 2:41:00 PM

great product! i use it as powder to put over my foundation everyday. does exactly what it says it will, and cant beat the price of this brand!! only thing is the packaging fades and scratches off easily. but go buy this! haha