NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown
Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/BrownEyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

4.5

on 10/20/2017 11:51:00 PM

Is it the BEST cake brow powder out there? As far as quality, probably not, in comparison with higher-end (and more expensive) renditions from other brands. However, it is in my opinion the absolute best value. The formula of the wax and two powder colors is very good, and certainly superior to other products within the same price range. It does have a tendency to fade over the course of the day, but nothing that can’t be solved with proper priming and/or setting. On days when my skin is particularly oily, I’ve experienced some smudging, but probably would have been fine if I reapplied setting powder midway through the day. Honestly, I’d rather pay $6 for a ‘very good’ product that requires a little extra effort, rather than pay $40 or so for the top quality. I decided to buy Benefit’s new Foolproof Brow Powder ($25) in the darkest shade and granted it doesn’t come with any wax but the pigment of the powder was absolutely awful- barely visible on my fair skin. I’m constantly impressed by what I perceive as the added value NYX brings by minor add-ons that other brands overlook. Rather than just having a pot of one powder color, this products comes with the wax AND not one but two complementary shades, which when you think about it means there are many ways you can vary your brow result. Usually I dip in the wax and pick up the darker shade to define the arch and create a line under the outer 3/4, pick up a bit more wax and the lighter color to line the inner ¼ of the bottom, and then without wax use the darker powder to define the tail and the lighter one to fill in. Sometimes I’ll use their brow wand thingy first to make the look more natural. This creates a polished but not overdone effect which I prefer over all the totally painted on pomade look that is so popular these days. If my approach is too much effort (though I think it’s worth it) you can always just use one or both powders without wax to quickly fill in sparse areas. One more added bonus- if you’re not a product junkie or just don’t feel like toting a complete makeup bag or kit around, you can do a quick one-color basic eye look by using a fluffy brush to blend the powder through your crease. If only I could write papers for school as enthusiastically and in depth as I can write about NYX’s cake brow mini palette....better get back to work 😫 but hope this helps!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product isn't necessarily bad, it just isn't...great.

I had this for a few months, and technically it works alright, but I had the chance to get the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder instead, and there is definitely a huge difference in quality between the two.

Whereas the ABH is pigmented and smooth, the NYX one is just a bit chalkier and less pigmented. For the price though, it is fairly decent at it's job, but the ABH is much better in quality, albeit more expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

One of my favorite beauty products of all time. I love it so much that since I discovered it I haven't even had the urge to check out anything else. It is well formulated, the colors are a perfect match on my complexion (I have to mix them to get the exact tone), lasts a long time, nearly indiscernible, and looks wonderful on. It travels great and easily, the packaging being a perfectly sleek, flat rectangle with a stay put lid. Obviously the tools it arrives with are second rate, but the packaging and the powders are great. Like others have said, you'll need your own brow brush, but at this price and convenience, that is of very small concern anyway. The wax is so so but if you dip the brow pencil in it first, then dip it in the wax, you'll get a bigger dose of color. Therefore requiring less product and getting a better picture of what the brows would look like. It looks natural and elegant in real life as it does on selfies. Compared to the many brow products I've tried over the years, from theatre makeup to "upper class niche", this knocks them all out.

I think this product helps you achieve a softer natural looking brow (as brow powders are supposed to do), but other than that I'm not very impressed. I didn't care for the wax that came with it and I wasn't sure how to apply it. The angled brush and brow brush were nice, but they were very tiny and difficult to get out of the container at times. On top of that, after using this product I would break out in and around my eyebrows. Just too complicated and acne causing. Cannot use it.

I love this powder I use it everyday! The wax with the powder is perfect together and makes my brows look so good....holy grail for my eyebrows! Follow my ig beauty account @_makeupfever_ xoxo

I love this powder. I combine both to fill in my brows every morning. Ive been using this for over a year and no problem with it. I love how the package snaps close so it wont spill in my makeup bag. I also find the little spooly brush handy! The powders last all day unless i rub my eyebrows like crazy or if i set them with the wax it stays longer. The wax does work well to hold down stray hairs,it just makes my eyebrows looks a little wet which can be odd at times. Overall i love this product and you should definitely give it a try :)

This stuff is the best brow color ever. I have about 4 different products (pencils, etc.) in my cabinet and this is the one I always choose and pack when travelling. The brush is very well made and the bristles are very stiff. They grab the color and I can get a very clean edge. The product stays on all day and looks very natural. The price was less than $6 on amazon, too!!

on 1/14/2016 12:43:00 PM

My eyebrows are always on fleek with this little kit! The wax is useful for shaping your crazy hairs, but to really make the powder stay all day use Nyx eyebrow primer instead. Comes with a brush which is perfect for lining and blending in; also a spoolie brush to tame the hairs.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This brow product is OK. . As someone who loves anastasia brow products.. tthis packaging for me is really flimsy and the brush is tiny and doesn't work that good .. but for what is .. a knock off of mac I would say it does the job.. fills in your brows .. they have enough colors that you can pick something close to your eyebrow color

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyebrow shadow duo. It's very pigmented and does the job. I don't draw my eyebrows to an arch or anything so I can't speak on how it will work for that. But for someone who already has shaped and dark eyebrows this works perfect for filling them in.

Popular Brows Products