NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

4.5

I think this product helps you achieve a softer natural looking brow (as brow powders are supposed to do), but other than that I'm not very impressed. I didn't care for the wax that came with it and I wasn't sure how to apply it. The angled brush and brow brush were nice, but they were very tiny and difficult to get out of the container at times. On top of that, after using this product I would break out in and around my eyebrows. Just too complicated and acne causing. Cannot use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

One of my favorite beauty products of all time. I love it so much that since I discovered it I haven't even had the urge to check out anything else. It is well formulated, the colors are a perfect match on my complexion (I have to mix them to get the exact tone), lasts a long time, nearly indiscernible, and looks wonderful on. It travels great and easily, the packaging being a perfectly sleek, flat rectangle with a stay put lid. Obviously the tools it arrives with are second rate, but the packaging and the powders are great. Like others have said, you'll need your own brow brush, but at this price and convenience, that is of very small concern anyway. The wax is so so but if you dip the brow pencil in it first, then dip it in the wax, you'll get a bigger dose of color. Therefore requiring less product and getting a better picture of what the brows would look like. It looks natural and elegant in real life as it does on selfies. Compared to the many brow products I've tried over the years, from theatre makeup to "upper class niche", this knocks them all out.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this powder. I combine both to fill in my brows every morning. Ive been using this for over a year and no problem with it. I love how the package snaps close so it wont spill in my makeup bag. I also find the little spooly brush handy! The powders last all day unless i rub my eyebrows like crazy or if i set them with the wax it stays longer. The wax does work well to hold down stray hairs,it just makes my eyebrows looks a little wet which can be odd at times. Overall i love this product and you should definitely give it a try :)

I love this powder I use it everyday! The wax with the powder is perfect together and makes my brows look so good....holy grail for my eyebrows! Follow my ig beauty account @_makeupfever_ xoxo

This stuff is the best brow color ever. I have about 4 different products (pencils, etc.) in my cabinet and this is the one I always choose and pack when travelling. The brush is very well made and the bristles are very stiff. They grab the color and I can get a very clean edge. The product stays on all day and looks very natural. The price was less than $6 on amazon, too!!

on 1/14/2016 12:43:00 PM

My eyebrows are always on fleek with this little kit! The wax is useful for shaping your crazy hairs, but to really make the powder stay all day use Nyx eyebrow primer instead. Comes with a brush which is perfect for lining and blending in; also a spoolie brush to tame the hairs.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyebrow shadow duo. It's very pigmented and does the job. I don't draw my eyebrows to an arch or anything so I can't speak on how it will work for that. But for someone who already has shaped and dark eyebrows this works perfect for filling them in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This brow product is OK. . As someone who loves anastasia brow products.. tthis packaging for me is really flimsy and the brush is tiny and doesn't work that good .. but for what is .. a knock off of mac I would say it does the job.. fills in your brows .. they have enough colors that you can pick something close to your eyebrow color

on 11/4/2015 4:54:00 PM

i love this product!!! its my first time ever buying any sort of eyebrow product and it does exactly what I wanted it too!!!! will definitly buy again!! if your going for a soft, natural look, try this product!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG and first eyebrow product I own. I have been using this for 1 year 8 months and I still have quite much to go. I have the 'barely-there' eyebrow, which is why this product is perfect because it's pigmented.
But, the real reason that I love this product so much is because the staying power is great, like really great. I wore this to a K-Pop concert, I was standing in line under the sun (in summer, fyi) for 3 hours, and then another 3 hours for the concert and it RAINS (ikr) and I didn't bring any umbrella along with me. When I got home, my eyebrow is still there without any smudges. Of course it wasn't as perfect as the first few hours I wore them, but I shed blood, sweat and tears during the concert so I wasn't even expecting my brows to exist anymore. Therefore, this is my holy grail product.

Then why am I taking one lippie off? Because the brown shades are too red for me, especially the 'brown'. I prefer a cooler shade of brown. But it's not a big deal for me, so I keep using it. I don't mind the spoolie and the brush either, the brush works so-so for me, but I have better spoolie from Etude's drawing eyebrow.

Would I repurchase this? Yes, yes and yes. I wanted to try the taupe/ash shade, and if NYX would just sell the powders in single shade like eyeshadow, it would be perrrfect.

Pro: long lasting, pigmented, cheap
Cons: shades are too warm

Tips:
-If you're aiming the bold brow, you can use the wax (apply it with fingers to the brow hair). If not, just let it be.
-Even though it's long lasting, it is not a tint or tattoo, so it still smudge away if you wipe it. Therefore, if you're in my situation (raining, sweating, etc) don't touch your eyebrows.

Popular Brows Products