L'Oreal Paris Infallible - Coconut Shake 016

L'Oreal Paris Infallible - Coconut Shake 016

2.8

I've had this for a few years, and tried it again many times but I just can't get myself to like it. Unlike other colours I have from this line, it is too powdery and not very pigmented. It's hard to work with, whether I use a brush, or my finger.

on 2/19/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really? So many poor reviews and this is one of my absolute favourites. I keep backups of this just in case.

For my skintone, this is the perfect soft foundation or nude eye base. I don't find the application streaky and I currently apply with a brush. It's a lovely matte with no shimmer at all.

Lasts all day :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so disappointed with this. I got the color- Coconut Shake. I have 3 other colors and love them. But as said in other reviews, the color goes on streaky with a brush, swatches much better on my hand than patted on with a brush. Applies much better with fingers. The color is a very nice--a matte with a slight pinky/peach undertone. I love it all over the lid with black liner. I will not re-purchase, not nearly as nice as the other infallible eyeshadows I have.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I enjoy this brand, I do find the light colours, as mentioned before, go on very streaky and to get a uniform type colour, step away from the makeup brush and use your finger. If you use a brush, it'll take so many application to get a smooth, consistent colour, that you'll look too frosty and outdated.

on 2/25/2012 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have two of the shadows in the Infallible collection: this and Continuous Cocoa (891). The Continuous Cocoa has such a nice and creamy feel to it, but this one isn't as good - it's kinda chalky. From what I've read in reviews, all of the lighter colours in the Infallible collection has this disadvantage.

I sometime use a stiff concealer brush, but I think fingers actually works better. The disadvantage to this method is that I have brows that are a bit wide, and don't have much space under them, which makes application even with my pinkie finger a bit difficult.
The colour is a matte, very light peach colour. I would say like a NW10 skin colour in MAC maybe? Although it's slightly pink toned, it looks very good on my NC15 (after oxidation) skin - this will not look pinkish. For some reason, it shows up better when swatched on my hand than it does on my brow bone, but it DOES last the whole day, till I take it off.

I wouldn't repurchase again, although I will try to finish this pretty big pot. I think there's better things out there.