Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients:Salicylic Acid – 2.0 % Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Coco-Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Azadirachta Indica Leaf Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (2), Sodium Chloride, Alcohol (1), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool. (1) Certified Organic Ingredient; (2) Natural Fragrance

on 11/17/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have made a review on this product when I bought this last September this year. I feel in love with this for the first few weeks of using it. Then by October and these past few weeks, I notice many breakouts in my chin. I tend to have breakouts in the chin area but it has been pretty crazy these past few weeks. I don't know what caused it. Maybe this product dried out my skin so much and got irritated cos this really dries out the skin and I notice some flaking too.

I don't know it might work very well for other people but it didn't on me. This week I have stopped using it and my skin calmed down a bit. I assume that was the reason since I wasn't using any new product aside from this.

This product changed my face. I purchased this, and the astringent with it, after trying many different products. I have dry skin, with mild acne around my mouth and jaw line. Recently the acne had been getting pretty severe. After using this wash and the stringent, along with tea tree oil as a spot treatment, (and cutting dairy virtually out of my diet completely,) for about 2-3 weeks so far, my face is nearly 100% clear. I have always had some acne in the jaw area, and my face has never been this clear!

Be aware these products will dry your skin, but using moisturizer solved this.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/28/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

5/5 HG cleanser! My skin: oily, acne-prone, age 29, humid Southern Louisiana. This has been my favorite cleanser for the past 3 years. I've tried many cleansers from all over (low-end, high-end, US, Korean, Japanese, etc) and I always go back to this one because of the difference it makes on the clarity of my skin. When my skin is dry from acne medications, of course I use something more mild, but I always go back to this. Highly recommend this to oily skin girls! I will continue to buy this as long as it is available.

on 12/26/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to love this but then it started to break me out cause my skin is sensitive to fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: 7/31/16
I realize that this is actually a really great product when it comes to drying up acne. The older review I wrote about this face wash (that I deleted) was written when I was also using the Burts bees moisturizer (I have a review of that) which was actually causing the breakouts, not this product. Anyways, this cleanser is great for giving that extra clean feel, the texture is nice and runny and lathers enough to give the face a good cleanse. I like the pepperminty smell, it makes my face feel tingly after. Overall, the ingredients are healthy (besides alcohol which did NOT seem to bother my skin). Might not be ideal for very dry skin, but other than that I think it will be good! As long as you moisturize well after this, it really does work to dry out any acne and give your skin a deep clean!

on 7/14/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: 7/25/15 - I need to comment to the review above that this product contains alcohol at a very minimal amount. It is third to last on the list which is quite extensive. It may not be for everyone. However it is a great cleanser for me anyway. It is not for those with sensitive skin as some of the ingredients like Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark and Coco-Betaine may cause some irritation or drying. Taking steps to nourish the skin after use is imperative.
________________________________

I got this because I was first impressed with the Acnedote Face and Body Scrub for my oily T-Zone. I use this alternatively there when I am not using the scrub. It works awesomely without making it feel really tight there. I have not had any blackheads since using Alba's Acnedote products and I have noticed the whiteheads are also diminished. My pores are slowing getting smaller too. I use this line along with a Retinol treatment to help restore the pore walls as that is the only proven method to minimize pores over time. I would definitely recommend this to those who have skin that is not sensitive.

on 7/7/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why this product doesn't have more great reviews. I've had stubborn pimples that wouldn't react to anything. So I picked this up desperate for anything that said acne on the bottle in hopes of finding a good product. I got lucky because I've been using this for a couple days and I swear my acne has cleared up. My skin hasn't looked this clear in so long! Also when you're washing your face you can feel it clearing your skin. My new HG cleanser!

on 6/30/2015 12:50:00 PM

USD $10.45. I picked it up on a whim as I get hormonal cystic acne still and clogged pores. On my combination skin, it gets off all makeup and traces of oil that I use for makeup remover. It leaves a refreshing feeling, probably due to many plant extracts. WARNING: this is very, very drying and has strong ingredients that can potentially irritate your skin like peppermint extract and alcohol. For my combination skin, I use this once a day and use a creamy cleanser other times so I don't dry out my skin. I've also noticed that since I've been using it, the pores are less clogged, but I've also had to use sleeping masks more often as my usual night cream wasn't enough. I will definitely stop using it once summer is over and humidity gone.

I really like this stuff and it's not drying.

on 5/28/2015 6:11:00 PM

I am so happy I found this cleanser! Since high school I have had mild acne, and I have tried pretty much every cleanser/ face wash out there regardless of price. My acne got really bad during my semester abroad in Europe, and nothing I tried made it better. I got desperate and started buying really expensive products to try to treat it, but nothing worked... until I randomly bought Alba Botanica Acnedote! Omg I am so glad I found this product because my face is the clearest it's been in years. I use it twice a day with my Clairsonic, and I have had no new breakouts since I started it! Its only been about 3 weeks and my skin is softer, my scars are fading, and my skin looks great! I would definitely recommend this product. Its cheap, its so much gentler and more natural than other harsh cleansers, and it actually works!