Paula's Choice RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum

3.7

Not tested on animals

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol (silicone slip agents/suspending agents), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone (silicone slip agent), Squalane (emollient), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Retinol 0,1 (cell-communicating ingredient/antioxidant), Tocotrienols (vitamin E-based antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Laminaria Ochroleuca (Kelp) Extract (anti-irritant), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil (anti-irritant), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (skin-repairing ingredient), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate (licorice-derived anti-irritant), Hexylene Glycol (slip agent), Caprylyl Glycol (emollient), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

NOT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES like the say. I would say its not for combination to oily skin. Its extremely greasy. Caused me break outs. But probably a good option for normal to dry. They should change the skin type recommendation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since I'm getting to be that age where I can see wrinkles forming, I thought it's time I tried a retinol product that's stronger than the Paula's Choice body lotion with retinol (I use that on my face with great results, thanks MUA!) I didn't think I would like this at first, as it comes out incredibly greasy. It's like putting a layer of oil on your face and that usually spells trouble aka zits for me. But much to my surprise, my face didn't break out. In fact, I think it reduced the amount of acne I was getting.

And best of all, this product gave me plump and soft looking skin. I can actually see the difference when I use it judiciously every night - my skin has never looked this good. I can even use the lightest coverage foundation and my skin looks flawless, it's ridiculous. Worth every cent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried this a couple of times and it doesn't work for me. The texture - it's incredibly greasy. My skin felt suffocated. Definitely order a sample first.

This is food for my skin! Fells a little oily at the beggining, but it blends in really nice and usually I don't feel the need for moisturiser on top. Light and nourishing at the same time. I sometimes use it 15 mins after chimically exfolianting. Retinol concentration: 0,1%. The only retinol product I can even use on my eyelids.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have repurchased twice in the past, but I am currently experimenting with using Resist body (a light cream) and resist clinical 1% and I do not think I will go back to this product for reasons of its texture. This has a distinct silicone slip and is reasonably well suited to mature skin that tends to be on the dry side (fine for me in the winter, but too heavy now). If you are normal or oily, you might find this too heavy and rich. (My current purpose in using OTC retinols is for improved skin texture, so I may be more tolerant of heavy product than someone who is mainly concerned with blemishes).

If you are not accustomed to retinol products, I advise going slowly and perhaps starting with samples. Although PC instructions encourage layering of different products, I prefer not to do so. I find it's better to just rotate throughout the week. In general, I only use retinoids at night. PC prices are increasing, but I do find the PC line of products, particularly the BHA and AHA, give good value in terms of performance. In general, I do prefer PC BHA and AHA products to the PC retinols, but I obviously use all three categories. Re packaging, PC pumps tend to be flimsy.

Note: even OTC retinols might cause some people to purge. Going very slowly into using a new product may limit this possibility. If not, you may want to use BHA or AHA (separately from retinol) to treat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not for combination/ oily skin.!!!Broke me out

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is not meant for people with oily skin. This serum is in a silicone base that leaves a greasy film on the skin and will cause breakouts. I much prefer and like Paula's Choice 1% retinol lotion and and have been using that for a few months now with no breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Writing an initial review after using once....and I never write a review after using something once.....That said, I got this as a sample with my Resist Super Antioxidant Serum, without the retinol, which I have yet to review and have been using for months.

I used a small amount before bed. Experienced some tingling after application, which I expected. Waited a bit and applied my usual moisturizer. When I woke up the next day and washed my face I was amazed. My pores were significantly diminished. I have dry skin, but enlarged pores on my cheeks. Pore size was noticeably different. As were my deep forehead wrinkles. Still there mind you, but looked much softer. I also noticed my skin feels plumped, thicker almost if that makes sense.

I also suffer from skin sensitivity, so I will be introducing this product slowly....twice a week to start and will build up. With a retinol that is recommended anyway, and this is a stronger one, so it could cause dryness and irritation if used to much. I was so astounded by the initial use though that I had to share the positive results. Will update.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample sized bottle of this with a recent order from Paula's choice. Unfortunately it's not for me. It leaves quite a greasy/shiny finish to my skin which is too heavy for my oily/combination skin. If your skin is on the normal to dry side and you're looking for a product with retinol in it this might be worth a go. The packaging is perfect for keeping light/air sensitive ingredients stable.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Tried the sample of this. It's of a somewhat yellowish oil like serum. Feels a little oily when applied but i personally like it. After application at night my face feels very smooth, my pores seem to have shrunk a little and my face seem to be more radiant the next morning. Because it feels kind of oily, i would recommend using this at night. It does stink my face as much as paulaschoice 1% retinol treatment does so its a good serum to alternate with the 1% retinol treatment.

I got mine from Paula's Choice Australia. If you are interested, you can get AUD 15 off your first purchase using the link below: