Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow quad (all colors)

Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow quad (all colors)
ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow quad (all colors)Revlon Colorstay 16h eyeshadow in SeductiveColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow quad (all colors)

2.9

May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77431, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891)*, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 40 (CI 16035), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Hydroxide Green ((CI 77288), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77289)22835 *Bound.

on 6/16/2017 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I bought this in "seductive" but I wish I had read some of the reviews first... The colours look very pretty in the box but there's simply not enough pigment for them to show on the eyelids, even with a primer. The consistency is also very weird - they crumble and end up all over my face. All in all incredibly disappointing!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Got one a while ago in exotic. Maybe only reason why I'm reviewing it today, is I tried it out again to give it the benefit of the doubt. Too chalky, not enough pigment. I get better quality from my Wet N Wild shadows.

on 8/11/2015 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I picked up several of these palettes when they were on clearance at CVS, but I still paid too much for them. The colors and the combos are so pretty, but the pigment just isn't there. Even with primer they barely show up! I need to stop buying Revlon shadows. I finally learned that they can't make a mascara worth a damn. Unfortunately CVS won't accept returns on clearance merchandise.

on 8/11/2015 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in Sea Mist and I use only the purple and peach shades. The quad also has a dark green and a turquoise. When my eyelids healed from the rash caused by glitter in other shadows I tried this and I didn't break out. For me it's good that there isn't a lot of pigment. It's a very dark purple and I only need a little to get a nice smoky eye. I can't ladle it on and irritate my skin so I need something that gives results with just a touch. I put some of the peach shimmer right under the brow and it doesn't cause problems there. These basic quads are rated very low because they are not buttery and highly pigmented but that is fine with me. They are the old style of shadow quad and there is a place for them.

on 7/21/2014 6:39:00 AM

I like the old colorstay 12 hrs quads; they were reasonably pigmented and somewhat creamy.

These are simply awful. Chalky and weakly pigmented. There are far better options in drugstores in the same price range.

I picked up three quads - 500 Addictive, 505 Decadent, and 555 Moonlit - during a sale at my local grocery store for under $4 each. But even at this bargain, they're going straight back.

They swatch somewhat okay, but apply terribly on the lids. Apart from the 4th shade, the one in the lower right, they are very to super sheer and a lot of them contain glitter particles which end up falling out all over the face during the day. With some of them, the glitter is all that remains after just a short amount of time. 16 hours, my foot.

To give them a fair chance, I tried to make them work in various ways, with and without primer. The results were always the same: very poor color payoff, glitter fallout, and not long-lasting. A clear downgrade from the previous colorstay quads.

I guess, if you're inexperienced and hardly ever wear makeup, these could work for you, as the risk of over-applying or poor blending is practically non-existent, due to the formula. But then, why bother at all?!

on 2/18/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the new Not Just Nudes palettes. I purchase both Romantic and Passionate Nudes. To start, I have very oily & hooded lids, so shadow is a tricky bugger for me. I always use my HG primer, Wet N Wild Fergie in For My Primas first and let it dry. Both palettes come with a nice dual tipped shadow brush that allows for layering to deepen color and blending. (I like the brush option a lot, but would like to have a sponge tip as well.) Yes, they take longer to blend than UD or Tarte, but they are blendable. Pigment payoff is good, though with a brush I did need to layer a bit. With a sponge they are fairly true to pan in color and depth. The glittery shadows do have some fallout, but not too bad. I start my makeup day at 6:30 am and at 6:30 pm, the shadows are still where I put them with no fading or bleeding. I am very pleased with these, the colors are lovely and work well with my skin tone (NW10-15) and blue eyes. Overall a huge win for me especially at a much lower price point than the HE palettes. Nicely done Revlon!

on 5/5/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tend to go through phases with eye shadows. I'm still learning (at 36, mind you) to apply them properly and what colors look good so I'll buy a slew, try them for a few weeks and chuck them to the back of a drawer. When I go through a manic cleaning day (usually inspired by watching an episode of Hoarders), I'll find a palette and think, "Why I don't wear shadow again?", and the cycle continues. Now that I'm pushing 40, I've decided to get out of my well worn comfort zone and do a proper face every single day. This is where these little quads come in.

I have at least two of these - one in Siren (which consists of purples and grey) and one in Harmonious (greens, pink and a purple). I find the shadows to be decent enough. They're not super dry or chalky but the staying power doesn't come anywhere near 16 hours. Granted, I have oily lids that seemingly absorb every single eye shadow whether it's high end or low end so I can't blame the lack of staying power on the shadow alone. However, even with a primer, these don't stay on long. I'd estimate 5 to 6 hours if you're in normal conditions that don't include heat or high humidity. This is pretty much the normal with any Revlon shadow except their cream shadows which seemingly last forever. You also have pack these on pretty well as the pigment is lacking a bit. With almost any palette, there's always one color that looks God awful on me but that's to be expected. I do like that there is a guide on the back telling you which color goes where. As I'm still learning, these guides are helpful.

While these aren't the greatest shadows on the market and certainly don't live up to 16 hour claim, I think these quads are good for people who are still learning, cycle through colors quickly or want to try a new color without breakng the bank. They're fairly cheap (about $6) and you get plenty of product for the price. I think they'd also be a good choice for someone who just wants a basic daily shadow kit to wear to work. There are enough neutral quads and "wild" ones that I'm sure there's something for everyone. I would recommend these to beginners as you can figure out what colors you like and not worry about wasting them as they're fairly cheap.

I wore these for 8 hours. And they faded slightly. Left some shimmer. I wouldn't recommend this for people. There are better products out there. I doubt it lasts for 16 hours. It's not bad if you want something subtle.

on 3/23/2014 10:37:00 PM

I got this on sale. it doesn't stay as long as its supposed to, but it does last a good while. it doesn't crease very badly and it doesn't smear. it isn't very hard to wash off. I just don't like the colors! I don't know what my deal is with the colors i've tried, I just don't like them. but if you like the colors then it would work for you

on 7/15/2014 10:23:00 PM

Great little palette. I have it in shade 525: siren. It's a very smokey, silvery combination. The pigmentation in the shadows is pretty good, and they are easy to blend, which makes it good for beginners. This was actually my firs eyeshadow quad. I like the packaging, even if it is just a black plastic that looks cheap, it is fairly sturdy. Overall, nice product, I would try more shades.