Rimmel Fix

Rimmel Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Vinyl Dimethicone , Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , PEG 10/15 crosspolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone , Lecithin , Punica Granatum Fruit Juice , Vitis Vinifera Juice (Grape) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Glycerin , Retinyl Palmitate , Sorbic Acid , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dipropylene Glycol , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Tocopherol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Silica , Dimethyl Silylate , BHT , Butylene Glycol , Sapphire Powder , Palmaria Palmate Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Hexylene Glycol

on 6/8/2016 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was hoping this could be a cheap dupe for smashbox's photo finish primer. It does smooth out visible pores and fine lines quite well. Unfortunately, it makes me break out in giant zits. I also felt that it made my face quite greasy after about 3-4 hours. I think it's a decent primer for the price. It might work better on dryer skin types.

on 4/5/2016 3:23:00 PM

Bought this because my MAC primer ran out and I didn't feel like spending a lot of money. It was a very nice suprise! It makes my skin look smoother and more bright. My makeup does lasts longer, almost all day without retouching :)
When applied to the skin- at first- it does feel a little like glue, but when it is absorbed it looks and feels great! And it does not make my skin break out or clog my pores.

I would definitely buy this again! compared to the MAC primer I had, this quality-price range is so much better.. Bought it for about 10 euros, compared to MAC, which is about 40 euros...

To Read all 179 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/10/2016 11:21:00 PM

Ive already repurchased twice!
Doesnt do a huge amount for oil control, but at the same time i feel like it does help with my makeup lasting (i have combo skin and i use this all over my cheeks and non oily portions)

on 1/8/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually like this primer about as much as I like Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer, even though they have two totally different textures. I just learned the value of primer beneath my foundation about a year ago and wow! A few days after I had started using primer, I accidentally forgot it and tried putting foundation on my naked face. I immediately noticed that my foundation wasn't blending AT ALL and realized my mistake. So how I went nearly 2 decades without primer is beyond me!

This primer is more like a lotion (versus Hard Candy which is more like a smooth gel.) The prices are about equal for both primers (about $7) so I tend to buy whichever is easier to get that day (Walmart tends to be out of stuff VERY often!) I don't know how much it matters, but I've recently been taking more care "patting" lotions/primers/foundations on my face since apparently rubbing them on roughs up your skin (and I do notice my skin gets red when rubbing so there must be something to it. So "patting" keeps you from exfoliating when you actually want a smooth surface.)

For this primer, I wash my face and pat it dry...use rubbing alcohol on a gauze square as a toner and let that dry (usually doesn't take but a few seconds since it's alcohol)...pat on a little bit of Equate Aveeno lotion and brush my teeth while that soaks in...then pat this primer on and let it sit a minute or two (while I choose my clothes for the day) before patting on my foundation with a make-up wedge. I've developed a system :)

on 12/21/2015 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This stuff is really awesome!
I have only just been getting into primers and therefore havent tried many. I needed a new one as I had just run out of the Bare Minerals prime time. I wanted to give a cheaper one a go. I do love the BM but it is very pricey. This cost me £6.99 from boots but It was purchased in conjunction with a 3 for 2 offer. I have normal/dry skin but I occasionally get slightly oily in the tzone in summer but my skin is mostly quite dry in the winter months. I used this over my moisturiser and used my rimmel lasting fix foundation over the top. I really find this primer smooths my skin and makes my skin ultra skin and smooth making the foundation application so much easier. I have fairly sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate or cause breakouts on me. Really feel like this protects the skin by providing a barrier between the skin and the makeup. I also have found that using the primer makes the foundation last all day without needing a touch up. I probably get 10 hours of wear out of my foundation due to using this primer. I don't know if this would work for oily skin as I have skin that's more normal/dry. I will definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out!

on 12/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this primer! I can't believe I'v been using it for so long-since I was a teenager, it was my first primer and it's still my favorite primer, it works, that's it, it just works. It makes my foundation last all day and makes all of my face makeup just look better, I even have a blush that is kind of not pigmented and when using this primer, the blush appears more prominent and I can see it now and it lasts all day, makes everything I put on my face last all day.
Very happy with this primer, I even liked the orange tinted one(which isn't really orange because the color fades once blended) I like them both.

Will repurchase, will recommend, it's a classic primer that works for me :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never use primers but i had this one in my room for a while from when the lady at ulta recommended it. I'm so glad i decided to try this. I put the tiniest bit on the corners of my nose, chin, and forehead before putting on Stila stay all day foundation and Becca perfectskin powder. I had a wedding that day, i decided to go all out with the makeup so my face would look good in pictures. I'm honestly so surprised at how well this controlled my oil.... Usually within an hour or two you can see some shine in the corners of my nose but my face was MATTE and dry for a good amount of time and my makeup stayed well even after dancing for hours. And after looking at the pictures from the wedding my skin looked really good :) I tried those same products without the primer and my skin did not stay as matte, so ill definitely be using this more often.

on 10/13/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Works great on my sensitive combination skin!

What a great inexpensive primer! So much better than the "matte" one by Rimmel which is thicker and harder to apply in a thin even coat. Your skin feels silky and everything goes on much nicer with this as a base. I picked this up on sale for $6.99 Cdn at the drug store but it's totally worth regular price. I've used this alone, as well as mixed it with my moisturizer and BB cream, and it applies smoothly and easily. This doesn't clog my pores which is always a concern. The only improvement I can see is in the packaging, but the tube is pretty hygienic already so not much to improve at all, it's more of a preference for Vichy and La Roche Posay type of packaging, nothing to detract from the overall effectiveness of the product itself. I would recommend this primer over many more expensive ones.

on 9/4/2015 12:19:00 AM

The smell of this product is pretty decent, it's very easy to blend, it makes my skin feel so silky smooth and it helps my makeup look better. You can even wear this baby alone. I've also noticed that even after I wash it off my skin still feels smooth which I love. The packaging is pretty cheap looking but overall quality is pretty nice. It holds my oily t zone for a good 5-7 hours and leaves an almost matte/satin finish.