Rimmel Fix

Rimmel Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Vinyl Dimethicone , Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , PEG 10/15 crosspolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone , Lecithin , Punica Granatum Fruit Juice , Vitis Vinifera Juice (Grape) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Glycerin , Retinyl Palmitate , Sorbic Acid , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dipropylene Glycol , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Tocopherol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Silica , Dimethyl Silylate , BHT , Butylene Glycol , Sapphire Powder , Palmaria Palmate Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Hexylene Glycol

Oil still peaks through liquid or mineral foundation even after setting with mineral veil translucent powder. I have combo skin, but more oily than dry. Would not purchase again.

on 3/17/2017 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a great primer for my dry/combination winter skin.
Doesn't really mattify, it's a more hydrating product.
Makes my face smooth and the foundation glide on effortlessly.
Most importantly it makes my make-up last all day. Yesss!

Cheap but does not do anything for my skin

I heard about this primer from a youtuber that was raving about it and I needed a new one so I decided to try it.

It claims to do 5 things
Smoothes: I do think it kinda blurs my skin but doesn't fill in pores or anything
Resurfaces: I feel like this is more of a moisturizing primer which didn't work for me
Brightens: I don't think this brightens the skin
Mattifies: I have combination skin and this didn't mattify me it actually made me look greasy and just shiny
Protects: It did prolong my makeup wear almost all day

Overall, this product is the opposite of what I thought it was gonna be, I feel like it would work well with dry skin. WARNING: I had my cystic acne completely gone with my skin care routine but when I started using this I got big cystic pimples on my cheeks again, so i cannot use this at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

In my opinion this primer is definitely more suited for normal - dry skin. It doesn't have any oil absorbing qualities and it won't full dry down. So setting it with powder is a hard task. I found that this actually prevents my foundation from staying on as well as it would if I applied to bare skin. :\ If you have straight up oily skin I'd recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer instead.

I do have some positive things to say about it however. Sometimes when I overdo it with chemical exfoliation my skin becomes dried out and flakes. Applying this helped my (very matte) foundation glide on easily. The formula is like a lotion/primer combo. It's very silicone-y yet still has the feel of a lotion. I like that my foundation looks more natural wearing this. Also fine lines and pores become minimized.

Would I repurchase? Probably for drier days. It's not HG worthy (so far anyways) yet it still serves its purpose. I like it better than some of the higher end primers I've bought.

A review for Rinmel Fix & Perfect 002.

My favourite primer I've ever had. I've gone from drugstore to midrange up to high end and luxury and this primer is still my favourite. It has the perfect smoothness/matti dying/blurring. It really is a make up perfector and also makes my skin look pretty damn flawless.

It's a thicker white primer with a little bit of grit almost(but it is totally smooth) it is kind of sticky...but dries powdery and really adheres the foundation and synergises with it. Pore filling, blurring, evening, smoothing, my favourite!! Using it on my wedding day I trust it that much! Doesn't make make up cakey and doesn't look overly flat once applied.

5/5.

on 6/8/2016 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was hoping this could be a cheap dupe for smashbox's photo finish primer. It does smooth out visible pores and fine lines quite well. Unfortunately, it makes me break out in giant zits. I also felt that it made my face quite greasy after about 3-4 hours. I think it's a decent primer for the price. It might work better on dryer skin types.

on 4/5/2016 3:23:00 PM

Bought this because my MAC primer ran out and I didn't feel like spending a lot of money. It was a very nice suprise! It makes my skin look smoother and more bright. My makeup does lasts longer, almost all day without retouching :)
When applied to the skin- at first- it does feel a little like glue, but when it is absorbed it looks and feels great! And it does not make my skin break out or clog my pores.

I would definitely buy this again! compared to the MAC primer I had, this quality-price range is so much better.. Bought it for about 10 euros, compared to MAC, which is about 40 euros...

on 2/10/2016 11:21:00 PM

Ive already repurchased twice!
Doesnt do a huge amount for oil control, but at the same time i feel like it does help with my makeup lasting (i have combo skin and i use this all over my cheeks and non oily portions)

on 1/8/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually like this primer about as much as I like Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer, even though they have two totally different textures. I just learned the value of primer beneath my foundation about a year ago and wow! A few days after I had started using primer, I accidentally forgot it and tried putting foundation on my naked face. I immediately noticed that my foundation wasn't blending AT ALL and realized my mistake. So how I went nearly 2 decades without primer is beyond me!

This primer is more like a lotion (versus Hard Candy which is more like a smooth gel.) The prices are about equal for both primers (about $7) so I tend to buy whichever is easier to get that day (Walmart tends to be out of stuff VERY often!) I don't know how much it matters, but I've recently been taking more care "patting" lotions/primers/foundations on my face since apparently rubbing them on roughs up your skin (and I do notice my skin gets red when rubbing so there must be something to it. So "patting" keeps you from exfoliating when you actually want a smooth surface.)

For this primer, I wash my face and pat it dry...use rubbing alcohol on a gauze square as a toner and let that dry (usually doesn't take but a few seconds since it's alcohol)...pat on a little bit of Equate Aveeno lotion and brush my teeth while that soaks in...then pat this primer on and let it sit a minute or two (while I choose my clothes for the day) before patting on my foundation with a make-up wedge. I've developed a system :)