Rimmel Fix

Rimmel Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Vinyl Dimethicone , Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , PEG 10/15 crosspolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone , Lecithin , Punica Granatum Fruit Juice , Vitis Vinifera Juice (Grape) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Glycerin , Retinyl Palmitate , Sorbic Acid , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dipropylene Glycol , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Tocopherol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Silica , Dimethyl Silylate , BHT , Butylene Glycol , Sapphire Powder , Palmaria Palmate Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Hexylene Glycol

on 4/4/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I'm not really a primer gal -- it just adds an extra step to my makeup routine that I find doesn't make a huge difference to justify spending that time on it. But sigh, who doesn't want their makeup to look flawless all day? Anyway, I got this product at Walgreen's (at $9ish, not super-cheap for drugstore), and I've been using it about a month. I agree with other reviewers who said it's not for oilier skins -- my skin is dry right now (thanks, Minnesota winter and forced-air heat), and I think adding this primer helps me use less moisturizer. It has a slightly silicone-y feel, like Smashbox Photo Finish Light if you've tried that, just enough to give it some slip for applying foundation on top. I use MUFE Water Blend and I was worried they wouldn't play nice together, but they get along swimmingly (I let the primer set before blending foundation). I think this primer is helping my makeup stay on better, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. It doesn't break me out either, but my skin is not acne-prone. I would probably repurchase this, but I'm going to try some other primers and see what I like. This product gets 3.5 stars from me. EDIT 5/5/17: I'm upping my rating to 4 stars, because I've repurchased this product. I definitely think it helps keep my makeup on longer -- my foundation still looked good at 1am, which is no small feat! I'm also very pleased that it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. Good job, Rimmel!

Oil still peaks through liquid or mineral foundation even after setting with mineral veil translucent powder. I have combo skin, but more oily than dry. Would not purchase again.

on 3/17/2017 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a great primer for my dry/combination winter skin.
Doesn't really mattify, it's a more hydrating product.
Makes my face smooth and the foundation glide on effortlessly.
Most importantly it makes my make-up last all day. Yesss!

Cheap but does not do anything for my skin

I heard about this primer from a youtuber that was raving about it and I needed a new one so I decided to try it.

It claims to do 5 things
Smoothes: I do think it kinda blurs my skin but doesn't fill in pores or anything
Resurfaces: I feel like this is more of a moisturizing primer which didn't work for me
Brightens: I don't think this brightens the skin
Mattifies: I have combination skin and this didn't mattify me it actually made me look greasy and just shiny
Protects: It did prolong my makeup wear almost all day

Overall, this product is the opposite of what I thought it was gonna be, I feel like it would work well with dry skin. WARNING: I had my cystic acne completely gone with my skin care routine but when I started using this I got big cystic pimples on my cheeks again, so i cannot use this at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

In my opinion this primer is definitely more suited for normal - dry skin. It doesn't have any oil absorbing qualities and it won't full dry down. So setting it with powder is a hard task. I found that this actually prevents my foundation from staying on as well as it would if I applied to bare skin. :\ If you have straight up oily skin I'd recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer instead.

I do have some positive things to say about it however. Sometimes when I overdo it with chemical exfoliation my skin becomes dried out and flakes. Applying this helped my (very matte) foundation glide on easily. The formula is like a lotion/primer combo. It's very silicone-y yet still has the feel of a lotion. I like that my foundation looks more natural wearing this. Also fine lines and pores become minimized.

Would I repurchase? Probably for drier days. It's not HG worthy (so far anyways) yet it still serves its purpose. I like it better than some of the higher end primers I've bought.

A review for Rinmel Fix & Perfect 002.

My favourite primer I've ever had. I've gone from drugstore to midrange up to high end and luxury and this primer is still my favourite. It has the perfect smoothness/matti dying/blurring. It really is a make up perfector and also makes my skin look pretty damn flawless.

It's a thicker white primer with a little bit of grit almost(but it is totally smooth) it is kind of sticky...but dries powdery and really adheres the foundation and synergises with it. Pore filling, blurring, evening, smoothing, my favourite!! Using it on my wedding day I trust it that much! Doesn't make make up cakey and doesn't look overly flat once applied.

5/5.

on 6/8/2016 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was hoping this could be a cheap dupe for smashbox's photo finish primer. It does smooth out visible pores and fine lines quite well. Unfortunately, it makes me break out in giant zits. I also felt that it made my face quite greasy after about 3-4 hours. I think it's a decent primer for the price. It might work better on dryer skin types.

on 4/5/2016 3:23:00 PM

Bought this because my MAC primer ran out and I didn't feel like spending a lot of money. It was a very nice suprise! It makes my skin look smoother and more bright. My makeup does lasts longer, almost all day without retouching :)
When applied to the skin- at first- it does feel a little like glue, but when it is absorbed it looks and feels great! And it does not make my skin break out or clog my pores.

I would definitely buy this again! compared to the MAC primer I had, this quality-price range is so much better.. Bought it for about 10 euros, compared to MAC, which is about 40 euros...

on 2/10/2016 11:21:00 PM

Ive already repurchased twice!
Doesnt do a huge amount for oil control, but at the same time i feel like it does help with my makeup lasting (i have combo skin and i use this all over my cheeks and non oily portions)