Rimmel Fix

Rimmel Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Vinyl Dimethicone , Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , PEG 10/15 crosspolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone , Lecithin , Punica Granatum Fruit Juice , Vitis Vinifera Juice (Grape) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Glycerin , Retinyl Palmitate , Sorbic Acid , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dipropylene Glycol , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Tocopherol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Silica , Dimethyl Silylate , BHT , Butylene Glycol , Sapphire Powder , Palmaria Palmate Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Hexylene Glycol

I heard about this primer from a youtuber that was raving about it and I needed a new one so I decided to try it.

It claims to do 5 things
Smoothes: I do think it kinda blurs my skin but doesn't fill in pores or anything
Resurfaces: I feel like this is more of a moisturizing primer which didn't work for me
Brightens: I don't think this brightens the skin
Mattifies: I have combination skin and this didn't mattify me it actually made me look greasy and just shiny
Protects: It did prolong my makeup wear almost all day

Overall, this product is the opposite of what I thought it was gonna be, I feel like it would work well with dry skin. WARNING: I had my cystic acne completely gone with my skin care routine but when I started using this I got big cystic pimples on my cheeks again, so i cannot use this at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

In my opinion this primer is definitely more suited for normal - dry skin. It doesn't have any oil absorbing qualities and it won't full dry down. So setting it with powder is a hard task. I found that this actually prevents my foundation from staying on as well as it would if I applied to bare skin. :\ If you have straight up oily skin I'd recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer instead.

I do have some positive things to say about it however. Sometimes when I overdo it with chemical exfoliation my skin becomes dried out and flakes. Applying this helped my (very matte) foundation glide on easily. The formula is like a lotion/primer combo. It's very silicone-y yet still has the feel of a lotion. I like that my foundation looks more natural wearing this. Also fine lines and pores become minimized.

Would I repurchase? Probably for drier days. It's not HG worthy (so far anyways) yet it still serves its purpose. I like it better than some of the higher end primers I've bought.

To Read all 182 Reviews, Login or Join

A review for Rinmel Fix & Perfect 002.

My favourite primer I've ever had. I've gone from drugstore to midrange up to high end and luxury and this primer is still my favourite. It has the perfect smoothness/matti dying/blurring. It really is a make up perfector and also makes my skin look pretty damn flawless.

It's a thicker white primer with a little bit of grit almost(but it is totally smooth) it is kind of sticky...but dries powdery and really adheres the foundation and synergises with it. Pore filling, blurring, evening, smoothing, my favourite!! Using it on my wedding day I trust it that much! Doesn't make make up cakey and doesn't look overly flat once applied.

5/5.

on 6/8/2016 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was hoping this could be a cheap dupe for smashbox's photo finish primer. It does smooth out visible pores and fine lines quite well. Unfortunately, it makes me break out in giant zits. I also felt that it made my face quite greasy after about 3-4 hours. I think it's a decent primer for the price. It might work better on dryer skin types.

on 4/5/2016 3:23:00 PM

Bought this because my MAC primer ran out and I didn't feel like spending a lot of money. It was a very nice suprise! It makes my skin look smoother and more bright. My makeup does lasts longer, almost all day without retouching :)
When applied to the skin- at first- it does feel a little like glue, but when it is absorbed it looks and feels great! And it does not make my skin break out or clog my pores.

I would definitely buy this again! compared to the MAC primer I had, this quality-price range is so much better.. Bought it for about 10 euros, compared to MAC, which is about 40 euros...

on 2/10/2016 11:21:00 PM

Ive already repurchased twice!
Doesnt do a huge amount for oil control, but at the same time i feel like it does help with my makeup lasting (i have combo skin and i use this all over my cheeks and non oily portions)

on 1/8/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually like this primer about as much as I like Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer, even though they have two totally different textures. I just learned the value of primer beneath my foundation about a year ago and wow! A few days after I had started using primer, I accidentally forgot it and tried putting foundation on my naked face. I immediately noticed that my foundation wasn't blending AT ALL and realized my mistake. So how I went nearly 2 decades without primer is beyond me!

This primer is more like a lotion (versus Hard Candy which is more like a smooth gel.) The prices are about equal for both primers (about $7) so I tend to buy whichever is easier to get that day (Walmart tends to be out of stuff VERY often!) I don't know how much it matters, but I've recently been taking more care "patting" lotions/primers/foundations on my face since apparently rubbing them on roughs up your skin (and I do notice my skin gets red when rubbing so there must be something to it. So "patting" keeps you from exfoliating when you actually want a smooth surface.)

For this primer, I wash my face and pat it dry...use rubbing alcohol on a gauze square as a toner and let that dry (usually doesn't take but a few seconds since it's alcohol)...pat on a little bit of Equate Aveeno lotion and brush my teeth while that soaks in...then pat this primer on and let it sit a minute or two (while I choose my clothes for the day) before patting on my foundation with a make-up wedge. I've developed a system :)

on 12/21/2015 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This stuff is really awesome!
I have only just been getting into primers and therefore havent tried many. I needed a new one as I had just run out of the Bare Minerals prime time. I wanted to give a cheaper one a go. I do love the BM but it is very pricey. This cost me £6.99 from boots but It was purchased in conjunction with a 3 for 2 offer. I have normal/dry skin but I occasionally get slightly oily in the tzone in summer but my skin is mostly quite dry in the winter months. I used this over my moisturiser and used my rimmel lasting fix foundation over the top. I really find this primer smooths my skin and makes my skin ultra skin and smooth making the foundation application so much easier. I have fairly sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate or cause breakouts on me. Really feel like this protects the skin by providing a barrier between the skin and the makeup. I also have found that using the primer makes the foundation last all day without needing a touch up. I probably get 10 hours of wear out of my foundation due to using this primer. I don't know if this would work for oily skin as I have skin that's more normal/dry. I will definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out!

on 12/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this primer! I can't believe I'v been using it for so long-since I was a teenager, it was my first primer and it's still my favorite primer, it works, that's it, it just works. It makes my foundation last all day and makes all of my face makeup just look better, I even have a blush that is kind of not pigmented and when using this primer, the blush appears more prominent and I can see it now and it lasts all day, makes everything I put on my face last all day.
Very happy with this primer, I even liked the orange tinted one(which isn't really orange because the color fades once blended) I like them both.

Will repurchase, will recommend, it's a classic primer that works for me :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never use primers but i had this one in my room for a while from when the lady at ulta recommended it. I'm so glad i decided to try this. I put the tiniest bit on the corners of my nose, chin, and forehead before putting on Stila stay all day foundation and Becca perfectskin powder. I had a wedding that day, i decided to go all out with the makeup so my face would look good in pictures. I'm honestly so surprised at how well this controlled my oil.... Usually within an hour or two you can see some shine in the corners of my nose but my face was MATTE and dry for a good amount of time and my makeup stayed well even after dancing for hours. And after looking at the pictures from the wedding my skin looked really good :) I tried those same products without the primer and my skin did not stay as matte, so ill definitely be using this more often.