NYX Le Frou Frou

2.6

This is the first Nyx mascara I have tried, and honestly I am suprised that it has such a low rating on here. It's not a spectacular, must-have, HG mascara but it certainly isn't a bad product in the slightest. Le Frou Frou claims to be both lengthening and volumnising and it provided both. It wasn't a dramatic mascara, but rather one you'd pair with a BB cream and tinted balm when heading to class. It's a casual, polished, 'my-face-but-better' mascara. It does the job with not frills. It doesn't smudge or flake which is great and it's really cheap too. The brush is a nice size, not overly large or small. The bristles do a good job of coating the lash from the root. It is quite hard to remove though, usually I can remove mascaras with Garnier Micellar Water but I had to pull out a Nivea eye makeup remover for this. It isn't waterproof. If you need a casual, long-wear mascara for everyday looks, I would recommend this. I think it would be great for girls in school who can't go for overly dramatic looks, and is a great starter mascara. I like it, would recommend it and will finish the tube. However, it is a bog-standard mascara. There is no 'wow' factor so I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This came in a cute little square gift box of lavender themed NYX products and it is probably very old stock. It was completely dry and did nothing so I threw it away. Be aware that those gift boxes often do contain old products they are trying to get rid of. It happened to me before but this was such a good deal I took the chance. I can't say how this might have performed when it was freshly made, but it was completely dry from a sealed package and that is not acceptable. PS the other lavender themed products in the box were not very good. Best to buy the items you want separately.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this as a placeholder until Target gets in the Star Wars CoverGirl mascara. (Don't judge me, I'm a geek.) I like Nyx generally, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It doesn't lengthen very much, but it does give me good volume and it's really buildable. When I wear one coat on its own, it looks like my lashes but fuller and darker, which is awesome. When I build up two coats on top of each other (putting the second one on while the first one isn't totally dry), I get some length, a lot of volume, and good impact. When I layer a coat of it over one of my excellent lengthening mascaras (NYC Sky Rise), it really increases the fullness of my lashes. On the rare occasions I curl my lashes, it holds the curl well. The brush is nice and it gets all the tiny baby lashes, too. It doesn't rub off, and it doesn't smudge on the lenses of my glasses, which matters to me, and it comes off easily with makeup remover wipes. Is it a holy grail mascara? No. But for $5 at the grocery store, it's a solid 3.5 stars for me.

I bought this because of my love of mascara and NYX Cosmetics. Unfortunetly, this didn't do it for me.

PACKAGING: The packaging is a normal sized, rectangular black tube with the name on the front. Just a normal mascara tube.

FORMULA: It's not too wet, not too dry. But it doesn't hold it's curl, not lengthening, and gives minor amounts of volume.

LONGEVITY: Lasts all day, but not waterproof. I learned the hard way haha.

I haven't given it a whiff, but I haven't noticed any scent.

Overall, I don't recommend, simply because it didn't perform like I hoped. Not curling, lengthening, or volume providing enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really hate the packaging on this mascara because I feel like the wand it like smushed into the container. The mascara though is pretty great! It makes my lashes have a lot of volume.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is ok, not bad, not amazing, just ok. It doesn't do much for me in terms of volumising but I can get nice length and separation with it so I do use this on days when I want a clean, natural look. The formula is on the drier side so it doesn't stick lashes together but it does take a bit of laying to notice a significant difference. It has a traditional spiraly wand, which works ok for me, but those who prefer synthetic bristle wands might not like it. Overall it's an ok mascara...I happen to have gotten mine as a part of a heavily reduced Nyx Christmas gift set but I don't think I'd repurchase it on it's own just because there are other mascaras that I like better.

I bought this to bring on a trip in case my older mascara crapped out on me, but I struggle to even get it on my lashes. It's thick and heavy and for a black mascara it doesn't even look like it's on (and my lashes are VERY light). I was trying to be budget friendly but should have shelled out the extra money for my other stuff.

Too dry. Makes my eyelashes look super small, and it gets all over my eyelids. It makes my eyelashes crunchy

This mascara does nothing for my eye lashes. The formula drys up before I can even coat the full length of my lashes, not even kidding! I find myself using it just as a light base coat and then using Great Lash Lots of Lashes on top of it. I definitely won't waste my money on this product again.

I love this mascara. Recently i've tried so many of the major brands of mascara, all bought in Rite Aid or CVS. i used to really like a few of maybelline's volume and/or lengthening mascaras, but not anymore. Too crumbly and quick to dry up while still on my lashes, too "fungusy," and, generally, not what I've come to expect.

NYX's le Frou Frou did what it said it would -- gave length and volume. This, after having my lashes appear to break off and thin out, after using some of the aforementioned brands!

I bought this mascara in an upscale supermarket, of all places. The shade is black; I'm not sure if it's waterproof or not. Today is the first day I used it. If it turns out to be a disappointment, I will come back and edit my review.