LORAC Front Of The Line Pro in Black

4.4

on 8/4/2016 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Do you love deep, rich, black matte liquid liner? The kind that gives you a sexy Bardot wing? Well, then don't buy this!

A lot of people below have raved about the product, so maybe I got a dud, but allow me to go over my experience.

1) The color is watered down black - not gray but watered down. Like too much clear fluid was added to the black pigment
2) The pen (whose style I love) skipped over my lids, which was odd given the watery color
3) The pigment was terrible, I had to go over my lines and wings three times. Then I gave up and applied TheBalm Schwing over the line.
4) It crumbles. During the three layer process, I noticed the liner crumbling when I pulled a bit on my skin.

So ... My quest for matte black waterproof liquid liner in brush pen form continues. Till then it's PF eye booster (pen, black & waterproof but has shine) and TheBalm Schwing (the deepest, most matte black I have found, but not a brush pen nor waterproof).

Pros:
- Brush pens rock!
Cons:
- watered down color
- lack of pigment
- crumbles
- oddly hard to get off despite all this

Sigh ... The search for HG continues

on 7/27/2016 10:09:00 AM

Ok, so I used to use this years ago, loved it, but it's not easily found IRL anymore and I moved on. Ulta recently had a sale on these - they were half off (!!!) so I picked up 2.

I have used and enjoyed many liquid liners: Stila, Kat von D, Physician's Formula, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Essence, Revlon, Urban Decay, Jordana, and that's just the ones I can remember at this very moment. THIS ONE IS THE BEST. It just is.

It combines literally every single positive feature of the other liners without any of the negatives. It's like if Weird Science was about eyeliner and Front of the Line Pro was Kelly LeBrock.

It's a very dark, MATTE black (my beef with Stila is that it's shiny), lasts all day, is so so soooo easy to apply (like the PF), and makes it incredibly easy to create any thick or thin line you want. I have trouble with thin lines especially, and this eradicates any issues. Every day, my eyeliner looks perfect. And it looks perfect with the minimal amount of effort liquid eyeliner could ever take. I have problems sometimes with my wings - the liner tip can get caught/skip over the corners of my eyes and the line comes out jagged. There is something about the super smooth, flexible tip of this pen that just glides over difficult areas.

I'm serious, this is the best.

It's normally $23, and in a rare moment of prescience, I hooked myself up HARD by buying 2 for the price of 1. This isn't at Sephora anymore but it can be found online, at Kohl's, and certain Ultas.

I'm done. Thank you for reading.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/30/2016 11:50:00 PM

Alright let's get down to business. This is a great liquid liner. Get it. Love it. Use it. I think it's great for beginners; it's super easy to use. It has a great finish. it is ultra black which is great for definition. The applicator is bristled which is really cool instead of the normal felt. I do like my liner to be a mit matte so sometimes I go over it with an ultra black shadow or gel liner. It is easy to correct which is a must when doing winged liner. I promise this is a great product.

This is a great liner! I love the size of the brush and I think the thin consistency of the black liner is a perfect match. It's thin but nothing seeps out which is perfect! Also this liner does NOT dry out quickly. I've had the same pen foreverrrrr. If you feel the liner's not distributing enough product you just put the cap back on and give it a good shake and it's back to business.

on 3/28/2016 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Stays on all day (7:00 am -7pm), and still looks as good as when I applied it at 7am. Very natural looking, the liner applies as thin as a niddle, absolutely love this =)

I am consistently on the hunt for the perfect liquid eyeliner. I have worn cat eyes every day for years, and drug store products never seem to wow me. So I tried Lorac Front of the Line and it is amazing. It glides on extremely smooth and is dark in color payoff. I have found that shaking it before use does make a difference. My only complaint is that if I don't use a primer, it fades slightly by the end of the day. But I loved this so much, I've gone back and purchased other colours.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've purchased 3 of these eyeliners since it makes doing a cat-eye a breeze!! This eyeliner is easy to use, very pigmented (dark black), does not smudge and lasts until you use eye makeup remover. I love the product but will not continue to repurchase LORAC products since they are not certified by PETA or Leaping Bunny as a cruelty free brand. Kat Von D was just certified for being cruelty free in 2015 so I will switch over to using her Tattoo Liner, which is just as good functionally but preferable for me since her brand is now officially Certified as Cruelty Free.

I hate this eyeliner. I bought it and 3 days later it was just spitting out clear fluid. I shook it and everything - but nothing. So I email ulta and they sent me a replacement because I was sure I got a dud. But nope. Same thing happened. I am now stuck with 2 non working eyeliners and out 20 dollars. :/

on 3/20/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few eye liners I would buy again. I can see no cons in this eyeliner. It is definitelt waterproof, smudge proof, and budge proof. I doesn't fade after 8 hours in a humid environment. It is also perfect for tightlining. I want to try if this is tears proof but I can't cry crocodile tears.

Not only would I buy this again, I want back-ups. Best eyeliner I've ever used. Not "too black", it's just right for my dark brownish-black lashes. When applied close to the lashline with mascara (which is so easy b/c of the amazing tiny brush), it makes my lashes look a mile long. My new HG liner....I don't seem myself ever NOT using this product.