NYX Shine Killer

NYX Shine Killer
Shine KillerShine Killer

2.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, EthylPARABEN, MethylPARABEN, PropylPARABEN Phenoxyethanol, ButylPARABEN

on 7/3/2016 10:09:00 AM

I had high hopes for this product as I've tried many with poor results.
All year round, particularly the summer I have a very oily T-zone.
I also have large pores on my nose and some on my cheeks.
My skin is sensitive to breakouts too, but I haven't tried a product in a long time that actually caused acne... until this product.

While it actually works to mattify and keep me shine-free for at least 6-8hrs!. ... it actually clogged my skin from breathing and within 2 days of wearing it I had many pimples in the areas I had applied it.

Unfortunately, I cannot use it because of this. Very disappointing. It must be because the Dimethicone silicone ingredients are just too potent in this product, more-so than others.

on 6/6/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is an ok primer. Works very well with the infallible foundation by loral L'oreal but it is isn't a shine killer you still have to blot about four hours after. Then again my skin is Very oily. It is an ok product.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/1/2016 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Listen. I read all the reviews on this product. I ignored them and bought this product anyway. I absolutely regret it. The reviews are true. This product is truly awful. This product felt heavy and greasy on my face. I noticed no mattifying effects or "killing of the shine" whatsoever. I should have listened and I didn't. You have been warned.

I have repurchased two tubes of this and thought I liked it but have since changed my mind. I find you need very little of this but the lasting effect is not as good as I previously thought.

PROS:

* Need very little amount for whole face
* Goes on nice and smooth (silicone feel)
* No smell
* Cheap and good packaging
* Makeup goes on smooth and looks matte

CONS:

* Does not last very long.
* It keeps the shine at bay but at the same time you can see on my nose (my oily area) that my makeup is ready to slip right off regardless of it still being matte!
* Didn't make my makeup last any longer, if not made it last a shorter amount somehow
* Feel like it creates more oil for me

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

SURPRISED at the bad reviews here. I have a veritable oil slick of a face (it's embarrassing at my age!), and my makeup just slides off my face. This stuff works as well, or better than the super over-priced Hourglass Veil primer that I have been swearing by for years. At $13, I would MUCH rather buy this! Here is how I use it; cleanse face, apply NYX Shine Killer, apply silica based HD powder, apply makeup (EL Double Wear), dust w/HD powder again. It not only keeps my shine totally at bay for hours, but better--it keeps my makeup locked in place ALL DAY...and I work a 14 hour day. For the gals who had bad luck w/it, I feel bad. Because this thing is HG stuff for me.

on 3/18/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Terrible product. This is the kind of product that a consumer group should go after the company for selling and it's not that cheap either. I agree with the previous negative review. I have oily skin and, not only does it not do anything for that as it claims to do, it leaves a slick greasy feeling on my face. That's the last thing I need - more oil. I hoped to get a mattifyer that would de-oil my skin. This goes on greasy and stays greasy. Even after several hours you can feel this slightly greasy feel on your skin. Does nothing for makeup either. I tried it alone without makeup and under makeup. I use Rimmel liquid makeup which is slightly oily; this product makes it even worse. Beware. Don't buy this stuff. The packaging is good. Nice flat tube and the product comes out a little at a time. Does not have perfume in it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I cannot began to say how much I hate this primer. My best friend had bought it and when I felt the texture it reminded me a bit of the maybelline age rewind primer which is amazing. So I went and purchased this.... This doesn't help my face at all. My skin's more on the oily side and it doesn't do anything for me. This product has so much silicone in it and I know that most primers have silicone in it but this had just way too much. The silicone-y feel doesn't go away even though I let this primer sit on my face for a couple minutes to set. And the fact that it's just so silicone-y doesn't help the oil on my skin and doesn't control the shine at all. This is nothing like the maybelline one and I'm so disappointed because I thought that it was really great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a disappointment! It claims to eliminate the look of oil and shine, but it does not of that. In fact, in makes my makeup slip and slide even worse than if I wear to wear no primer at all. Even combining this primer and its setting spray couldn't save my face from being an oily hot mess in three hours (and that's on a good day). I am in desperate need of a good oil-controlling primer and this one is definitely not the one. Will not repurchase.

on 1/8/2016 2:36:00 PM

I was super excited when I got this because I'm very oily in my t-zone so bad that it tends to break down my foundation. After using this for about 2 months off and on now, I can honestly say it does nothing for me and I kind of hate it. It has this weird affect where it makes me sweat even when I'm not hot (it's winter!) on my nose and chin suddenly water droplets appear minutes after putting it on. I've tried using less and less of it but no matter how much I put on it actually breaks down my make up even worse than if I didn't use a primer at all, and makes my pores look huge when I don't even have big pores. Huge disappointment. Didn't break me out though and left my skin feeling smooth right after application.

I cannot begin to express my disappointment with this product. Shine *killer? More like Shine *Enhancer!! This stuff left my face a greasy mess-and my face isn't even that shiny to begin with! I'll be honest, it didn't even start out well, meaning this stuff is pretty expensive for what you get-less than 3/4 oz. of product for around $20 usd. I convinced myself that since I had success w/other NYX products, this would be the same, even though the price of this product is significantly more than their other ones...I told myself it had to be awesome. It's not. It applied on my skin just fine (it feels just like a standard dimethicone based primer - smooth and velvety, sitting on top of the skin as a barrier almost); applying my normal routine of foundation and setting powder went just fine, as well. However, after touching my face a couple hours in, I felt that it was slick and greasy. I ran to a mirror and discovered it looked just as bad as it felt. I tried using it again, the next day and went without any makeup on top of it and I was still shiny the next time I did a mirror check a couple of hours later.
The only thing I like about this primer is the packaging: a sleek, black squeezy tube that is small enough to carry easily for travel, if need be.
All in all-super disappointing product that I'll be returning ASAP.