NYX Shine Killer

NYX Shine Killer
Shine KillerShine Killer

2.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, EthylPARABEN, MethylPARABEN, PropylPARABEN Phenoxyethanol, ButylPARABEN

on 5/31/2017 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did absolutely nothing. I'm a big fan of using a new product on half of my face so that I can compare any differences and there was no difference at all. However, I really like Nyx BB cream and noticed it diminishes shine/oil in my T-zone quite a bit.

on 4/4/2017 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Why I didn't heed the reviews here about this product will remain forever a mystery.
This product should be called Killer Shine because it does not kill shine. On me it did the opposite. Full disclosure: I have extremely oily skin so I wasn't expecting to be matte all day or for even 8 hours. I did, however, expect to make it past 2. At the end of the day my skin was so oily it was slippery. It didn't break me out, so there's that. I cannot recommend this product. At all.

on 1/5/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'll start with the end result and work back from there.

I go to Ulta to return the NYX Shine Killer primer that I had purchased the week before. The clerk asked, "Why are you returning this product?" I respond, "Because it should be called Shine Adder, not Shine Killer." She said I wasn't the first person who'd told her, in not so many words, the same thing.

When I first put it on, I had low hopes, given how SLICK my skin felt immediately after I applied it. Like way, way slick. I'm a naturally oily, oily, oily faced person, so I already felt a little deflated.

Then I put my concealer and foundation on, and had to reeeeally work with my foundation brush to get rid of the swirly marks from my makeup not sticking to the NYX Shine Killer.

I finally got it to look halfway decent in my bathroom mirror. I left my house and drove to my local breakfast place to grab something to eat. Before I hopped out of the car, I looked in my rearview mirror and was HORRIFIED by my face in daylight. My face looked like someone had smeared cake flour and Crisco all over my skin. My nose looked actively WET.

It was so bad - I actually turned my car around and drove back home and washed my face and put my makeup back on all over again. Yes, it was THAT bad.

on 10/15/2016 2:03:00 PM

As a primer it´s ok, it is silicone-y so it makes the face smooth making foundation application easy and prevents it from settling into lines. A small amount of product goes a long way as well compared to other NYX primers I´ve tried. However it does not make the face matte at all, not even when you just applied it. I have tried the rimmel stay matte primer prior to this one, and with that primer you can actually see it making your face matte and it also prevents it from getting oily for a while. So comparing the two the NYX one fails to make you matte.

As a primer it´s fine, but because it claims to keep you matte and doesn´t I´m only giving it 3 lippies.

This is not a terrible product in my opinion, but not great either. I didn't see any real mattifying results. I like the texture (smooth, silicone) and it didn't clog my pores. I don't think it helped much in prolonging my makeup wear though. When I would use it, my foundation was patchy by the end of the day. I tried it with several foundations and it never seemed to give great results. I think there are better versions of this product at the drugstore!

on 1/27/2017 5:14:00 PM

My skin isn't very oily at the worst of times so from my point of view this isn't all that bad. It feels nice on the skin, like velvety feeling upon first application. However, after it's been on my skin for about 10 minutes I can't really feel/see effects anymore, and it's almost like it just disappears off your skin very fast. It didn't help mattify my face much nor did it make me oilier so for that reason I wouldn't purchase again as it doesn't do much and for the price (£11 GBP, more money than a lot of NYX cosmetics) it isn't really worth it.

This is a first impressions kind of review. I used this for the first time this morning. I applied my makeup at approximately 9am. It is now 12:30pm and I am super shiny. This has not helped control my oil at all. I do like the way it went on. Very smooth and silky. It does not seem to fill in pores at all like it shows on the box. I will try this with normal foundation (I am wearing mineral makeup today) and see if I like it with that. If not, it's going back.

on 6/6/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is an ok primer. Works very well with the infallible foundation by loral L'oreal but it is isn't a shine killer you still have to blot about four hours after. Then again my skin is Very oily. It is an ok product.

on 7/3/2016 10:09:00 AM

I had high hopes for this product as I've tried many with poor results.
All year round, particularly the summer I have a very oily T-zone.
I also have large pores on my nose and some on my cheeks.
My skin is sensitive to breakouts too, but I haven't tried a product in a long time that actually caused acne... until this product.

While it actually works to mattify and keep me shine-free for at least 6-8hrs!. ... it actually clogged my skin from breathing and within 2 days of wearing it I had many pimples in the areas I had applied it.

Unfortunately, I cannot use it because of this. Very disappointing. It must be because the Dimethicone silicone ingredients are just too potent in this product, more-so than others.

on 10/7/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The packaging is fine, and that's the nicest thing I can say about this product.

It didn't fill in the large pores around my nose in the least. My t-zone got oilier FASTER with this on - the exact opposite of what this product is supposed to do.

On day 1, I applied under my foundation. Minimal pore smoothing, and my face was approximately 50% MORE oily than usual. Instead of a light-medium blotting in the early afternoon, I went through 2 full sheets by mid-morning.

On day 2, I mixed it with my foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear, which normally stays flawless on my skin for 12+ hours. Instead, it applied patchy, then wore off patchily within 6 hours, with slightly more oiliness than usual, but less oily than day 1. No pore smoothing noticeable at all.

Then the next 2 days it broke me out with a lovely smattering of whiteheads across my t-zone. After washing my face thoroughly each night and exfoliating after day 2, it still clogged my pores in an efficient and thorough manner.

I'll be burning the rest of my bottle as a sacrifice to the good skin gods.