L'Oreal Lumi Foundation

L'Oreal Lumi Foundation

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

OMG. I'm in love.

Backstory: I've worn very full coverage for quite a few years now (had been dealing with acne and redness). Now my skin is less acne-prone and more stable. It rarely gets greasy or dry, providing I am consistent with my skincare regime. I have blackheads over my nose area, and quite large pores because of it.

However, I wanted a lighter foundation, that was still medium coverage, but didn't weigh my skin down, or clog my pores up as much. The foundation I previously used was cheaper, thicker (a very heavy cream consistency) and had a bad colour selection, as well as a tendancy to oxidise in dry areas. Basically, I needed a big upgrade.

I bought the L'Oreal Liquid Lumi Foundation for three reasons.
1 - The colour selection is good - they have pink tones as well as gold tones.
2 - The packaging. I mean, can you see that? It's gorgeous.
3 - Lumi. My previous foundation was matte, matte, matte. I wanted more glow. I'm 21 years old and want to embrace my youthful skin while I have it. I don't know why I felt a matte finish would suit my young dewy skin, but hey that's in the past.

This foundation did not disappoint. For a drugstore foundation, it's on the pricer side. However, I would pay it again and again for such a formula.

Firstly, it is the lightest thing I have ever worn on my skin. I literally feel like I have no makeup on, even though I have a full face. It is incredible. I am wearing it light/medium coverage right now.

For light/medium coverage, you barely need one pump. It goes a long way. It can be built up to a solid medium, and even maintains it's glowy freshness then.

It feels like silk on your face, holds well to any base (I've worn it without primer and it's still beautiful) and works well when built up with other makeup products (bronzer, blush etc).

IN SAYING THIS, be aware that yes, you will need concealer to work with this foundation. While it can be built up, it doesn't (for me) build up near enough to cover my dark circles. Nor am I going to spend 20 minutes buffing it into my breakout zone. I tend to use this foundation as a skin-perfecting glowy base, and then conceal under my eyes and on any breakouts.

I have in the past experienced breakouts with some foundations (Rimmel Wake Me Up - which is thicker than L'Oreal Lumi and lacks the glow), and I hear that some are complaining this foundation does the same. Frankly I don't see how, as it's so light, so perhaps it is an ingredient. All the same, I will update the review if anything happens.

This is the only drug store foundation I currently use, I have dry skin so usually dry patches would show throughout the day. This foundation doesn't define any patches! It's super luminous and so beautiful on! Personally I think this is a dupe for Giorgio Armani's silk foundation :) highly recommend for those who have dry skin!!❤️

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/20/2016 3:36:00 PM

This, along with most L'Oreal foundations I have tried, have the same oxidization issues. It has a lovely finish and is easy to blend, but when it sets it leaves an either pink or orange hue that you can't combat even with powder.

I really loved this but unfortunately my skin is acne prone and after a night/day of wearing this foundation, my skin would breakout! It looks beautiful and doesn't cover much, but it's light and radiant and has a lot of different shades to match your perfect skin tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the first drugstore foundation I've tried in years and it was $15 at Walgreen's. (I can't believe how expensive DS foundations are now, by the way!) I'm NC15 and tried the N1-2 shade which went on a pretty close to my color but oxidized to a peachy/orange color. The finish was a bit cakey but it didn't settle in my pores too much.

I've been wearing NARS Sheer Glow in Gobi which is my perfect shade. So I'll return the L'oreal and continue using the NSG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh my gosh, girls! This foundation is Beeeeautiful! It is so so lovely. And, for me and my dry skin, just looks better and better as the day progresses. It has SUCH a gorgeous, soft glow to it. It really lends that "lit from within" look. So soft and natural looking. It has solid medium coverage, in my opinion. The perfect amount for me... I'm not a big fan of full coverage foundations, except for on the very rare special occasion. I just love how this foundation melts into my skin and makes my skin look so healthy and young! I do wear a primer *coughmonistatantichafingcreamcough* underneath... I've never worn it without.... so I don't know how it performs without, but this foundation does last all day on me without getting greasy (not that that's ever much of a problem for me... dry skin) or patchy or anything. Like I said, it just looks better as the day goes on. That said, when i FIRST apply it, it does cling a little bit to some dry spots on my nose & forehead, but once it warms up and sort of melts or soaks in a little that problem goes away. This actually reminds me a lot of the original true match foundation, which is also fabulous... this just lends a somewhat more glowy look to the skin. Anyway, in sum, if you have normal to dry skin, I would highly highly recommend this stuff! If you have oily skin, it might not be such a good friend. I'm not sure. It's truly beautiful, though. Love love love! I hope they never get rid of it!

on 2/7/2016 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this after running out of Urban Decay's Naked Skin, which I loved. This foundation is a drugstore dupe, and the color Creamy Natural is almost identical to Naked Skin in 3.5.

I will say that this is thicker than Naked Skin and has the propensity for very full coverage, but I use the Urban Decay magic transfiguration Harry Potter brush, or whatever it's called, and I can work the foundation in without looking like I'm wearing a mask. A little goes a long way, and I will repurchase this over the Naked Skin. With as little as I use, I won't need to repurchase for at least 2 years, and hopefully L'Oréal won't discontinue the foundation.

This foundation does get a little shiny, and I'm pretty dry, which is why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5, but a little powder will fix it.

UPDATE: I rarely breakout, and I began breaking out because of this foundation. Unfortunately, I had to toss it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a really good foundation. It reminds me of UD's Naked Skin liquid foundation. The way it melts onto your skin is lovely. It lasts all day and has Light to Medium coverage.

on 10/26/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It definitely reminds me of my dior foundation in terms of texture,coverage and finish.in fact I'd say this one is a bit more runny and more blendable.I got it in the shade c1 and it is way too pink for me,that was the only con.

I LOVE this foundation. It really gives a beautiful luminous sheen to the skin that looks really natural. It has good coverage and stays put pretty well through long days. There may be foundations that cover more fully and stay put longer, but I just love the way this foundation looks like you're wearing no makeup and having dewy skin. Already on my third bottle!