L'Oreal Lumi Foundation

L'Oreal Lumi Foundation
Lumi Foundation

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

Good for everyday and doesn't feel super heavy. I also like that there's a pump! It wears pretty well and I wear foundation for 12+hours. If you like the natural, dewy look try out this foundation!

on 4/3/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation is most definitely my overall favorite. It covers just enough and imparts a gorgeous glow to my skin ,which I love. I do not like a foundation that gives me a mask like appearance as it's too fake looking for my own personal taste.
Coverage can be built up if required .
Great buy and hope loreal keep it on the shelves .

on 3/22/2018 12:43:00 PM

My absolute all time favourite day time foundation. This is light weight and gives me a dewy finish. Granted it doesn't stay on ALL day but that is not what I look for during the day.

I want a easy to blend, light foundation that doesn't break the bank and this is it. I have pretty sensitive skin too and redness on my cheeks so this does not irritate my skin and the more you put on the fuller the coverage. I am ok with a little redness coming through.

on 3/10/2018 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I heard this was good for dry skin but didn’t work for me. Slightly higher price than other drugstore foundations so I was disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best thing about this foundation?
It’s looks like skin! Healthy dewy looking skin!
Worst thing: it transforms to oily looking rather than glowy througout the day.
I use Innisfree No Sebum mineral Powder to set, both play great together, and diminish the appearance of large pores.
Pros:
Runny texture, blend like a dream!
undetectable on the skin,
doesn’t emphasize texture, doesn’t oxidized
Medium coverage,
Sleek package, come with a pump.
Good color selection
Cons:
Pricey for DS foundation
Becoming more oily throughout the day.

Shade selection: creamy neutral is a
PERFECT MATCH for my NW20 winter skin.

on 12/11/2017 1:03:00 AM

I purchased this in a warm shade for my extremely fair skin. The colour appears to be a little bit less yellow then some other brands of foundation I've tried which is nice because it seems to brighten my skin rather than making it appear sallow. The texture is runny which makes it easy to blend, and has a very sheer texture with a very slight dewy finish which makes me appear "healthier". I like this foundation for a natural look when my skin is behaving, but if I am having a breakout, or suffering from ruddiness (such as when I am having allergies) this foundation doesn't do wonders for me and I gravitate more towards Revlon colour stay or Rimmel stay matte. I always set this foundation with a translucent powder as the staying power is NOT the best.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

What a gorgeous foundation! Ever since I turned 26 years old I'm turning to using a more dewey luminous base on my face (despite having really oily skin) because I don't want any of my fine lines and texture being enhanced at all with the dryness and cakeyness of an all matte makeup. This foundation is SO lightweight, almost like a serum for the face. I would say it is medium to full coverage since it's so thin in consistency and still managed covered all my imperfections with one layer. The color selection is fantastic too!
It held up pretty well on my face and still looked great after 12+ hours of wear! Taking in account my skin is greasy oily and I live in the hot humid weather of Puerto Rico I am so impressed!
I just set it with a bit of Coty Airspun powder after applying it and it has looked beautiful all day. My blush and bronzer were intact the whole time. It is a little pricy for a drugstore foundation but it is well worth it in my opinion!

I looked at a variety of reviews for this foundation- some good, some bad. It was on sale at my local Walgreens and I decided to give it a go.

The texture is lovely and it feels nice on my face. The reviews state this is a medium coverage, and I would say it is more of a light, bodering on medium coverage. I don't think this builds very well. I used a variety of primers, and each time rendered essentially the same result.

Overall, this is a meh for me. I will unlikely use this very often. I felt it accentuated my texture on the skin. I could see pigment gathering in my pores. It isn't obvious to the casual observer, but my 10x mirror shows no mercy.

Some of those with dry skin stated they felt like a greaseball after using the foundation, but I never experienced that issue. Foundation is funny. What works for some may not work for others. Overall I have had rotten luck with drugstore foundation. Most are either too pink or too yellow and patchy. While this seemed like an overall better drugstore selection, it just didn't win me over.

on 5/5/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not for dry skin. Clung to dry patches like CRAZY. It was so odd. It clung to dry skin EVERYWHERE. I had to blend for ages. Took 10 minutes to make this look decent. Ain't nobody got time for dat. The shade range sucks. Nothing for pale skin. The coverage was light. It was just all around not good.

Maybe if you have combo or even oily skin you will like this. Good if you found l'oreal pro glow too dewy.

on 3/8/2017 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have both Dream Lumi in C3 and the UD Weightless Ultra Definition in 3.5. They are miles apart. Both blend beautifully with my skin, but the L'Oréal is more moist appearing, and the UD is velvety. I have tried Dream Lumi with various primers and setting powders, but nothing holds it in place. At 61 years of age, in the middle of winter in Ohio, my skin is an oil slick. Today I used a DDF primer and MUFE setting powder. No, just no. UD for the win, for me.