L'Oreal Lumi Foundation

L'Oreal Lumi Foundation
Lumi Foundation

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

I honestly can’t believe how incredible this drugstore foundation is! After years of using tinted moisturizers, I feel like now that I’m in my mid-30’s I really need a bit more coverage to hide some light age spots and even out my skin tone. The thing is, it’s such a fine line between the natural look I want and ending up with a crackly mask that looks really unflattering. Anything matte is just an absolute no-go for me. The regular True Match formula clung to lines I didn’t even know I had, looked dry and powdery even without powder ever being applied, and just generally did not make me look better for having used it. But this Lumi version is PERFECT for me. It’s definitely more coverage than my tinted moisturizers, but still looks so natural! It makes my skin look dewy and radiant, never shiny or glittery. It plays well and stays put with any other products I use on top (my various under eye concealers, Laura Mercer setting powder, both cream and powder blushes, etc.) It also really stays put on me for most of the day. Even as it starts to wear off, it doesn’t cling to dry patches or look bad, it just kind of sheers out and the coverage is less, but still looks pretty darn good! And the color stays true on me- NO OXIDIZING/turning orange or dark later in the day. AND it has a pump! I feel like this fantastic product is such a steal at this price point! I was considering trying some much more expensive foundations and really only bought this on a whim at Target. As you can probably tell, I couldn’t be happier with this product, and I really hope they never discontinue it.

Good for everyday and doesn't feel super heavy. I also like that there's a pump! It wears pretty well and I wear foundation for 12+hours. If you like the natural, dewy look try out this foundation!

on 4/3/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation is most definitely my overall favorite. It covers just enough and imparts a gorgeous glow to my skin ,which I love. I do not like a foundation that gives me a mask like appearance as it's too fake looking for my own personal taste.
Coverage can be built up if required .
Great buy and hope loreal keep it on the shelves .

on 3/22/2018 12:43:00 PM

My absolute all time favourite day time foundation. This is light weight and gives me a dewy finish. Granted it doesn't stay on ALL day but that is not what I look for during the day.

I want a easy to blend, light foundation that doesn't break the bank and this is it. I have pretty sensitive skin too and redness on my cheeks so this does not irritate my skin and the more you put on the fuller the coverage. I am ok with a little redness coming through.

on 3/10/2018 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I heard this was good for dry skin but didn’t work for me. Slightly higher price than other drugstore foundations so I was disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great option for someone who’s looking for a lightweight, second skin, dewy finish
type of foundation.
It have a Runny texture, blend easily, undetectable on the skin (if you’re lucky to find your perfect shade) doesn’t emphasize/cling to dry texture. (Hallelujah for dry skin squad!) :)
Sleek package, comes with a pump.
It resembles to Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation
And Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum/ cc cream by consistency & finish.

Major Cons:
Throughout the day Becoming more oily looking rather than dewy, so a setting powder/ re-powder is a must!
Kinda pricey for DS.

on 12/11/2017 1:03:00 AM

I purchased this in a warm shade for my extremely fair skin. The colour appears to be a little bit less yellow then some other brands of foundation I've tried which is nice because it seems to brighten my skin rather than making it appear sallow. The texture is runny which makes it easy to blend, and has a very sheer texture with a very slight dewy finish which makes me appear "healthier". I like this foundation for a natural look when my skin is behaving, but if I am having a breakout, or suffering from ruddiness (such as when I am having allergies) this foundation doesn't do wonders for me and I gravitate more towards Revlon colour stay or Rimmel stay matte. I always set this foundation with a translucent powder as the staying power is NOT the best.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

What a gorgeous foundation! Ever since I turned 26 years old I'm turning to using a more dewey luminous base on my face (despite having really oily skin) because I don't want any of my fine lines and texture being enhanced at all with the dryness and cakeyness of an all matte makeup. This foundation is SO lightweight, almost like a serum for the face. I would say it is medium to full coverage since it's so thin in consistency and still managed covered all my imperfections with one layer. The color selection is fantastic too!
It held up pretty well on my face and still looked great after 12+ hours of wear! Taking in account my skin is greasy oily and I live in the hot humid weather of Puerto Rico I am so impressed!
I just set it with a bit of Coty Airspun powder after applying it and it has looked beautiful all day. My blush and bronzer were intact the whole time. It is a little pricy for a drugstore foundation but it is well worth it in my opinion!

I looked at a variety of reviews for this foundation- some good, some bad. It was on sale at my local Walgreens and I decided to give it a go.

The texture is lovely and it feels nice on my face. The reviews state this is a medium coverage, and I would say it is more of a light, bodering on medium coverage. I don't think this builds very well. I used a variety of primers, and each time rendered essentially the same result.

Overall, this is a meh for me. I will unlikely use this very often. I felt it accentuated my texture on the skin. I could see pigment gathering in my pores. It isn't obvious to the casual observer, but my 10x mirror shows no mercy.

Some of those with dry skin stated they felt like a greaseball after using the foundation, but I never experienced that issue. Foundation is funny. What works for some may not work for others. Overall I have had rotten luck with drugstore foundation. Most are either too pink or too yellow and patchy. While this seemed like an overall better drugstore selection, it just didn't win me over.

on 5/5/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not for dry skin. Clung to dry patches like CRAZY. It was so odd. It clung to dry skin EVERYWHERE. I had to blend for ages. Took 10 minutes to make this look decent. Ain't nobody got time for dat. The shade range sucks. Nothing for pale skin. The coverage was light. It was just all around not good.

Maybe if you have combo or even oily skin you will like this. Good if you found l'oreal pro glow too dewy.