L'Oreal Lumi Foundation

L'Oreal Lumi Foundation
Lumi Foundation

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

I looked at a variety of reviews for this foundation- some good, some bad. It was on sale at my local Walgreens and I decided to give it a go.

The texture is lovely and it feels nice on my face. The reviews state this is a medium coverage, and I would say it is more of a light, bodering on medium coverage. I don't think this builds very well. I used a variety of primers, and each time rendered essentially the same result.

Overall, this is a meh for me. I will unlikely use this very often. I felt it accentuated my texture on the skin. I could see pigment gathering in my pores. It isn't obvious to the casual observer, but my 10x mirror shows no mercy.

Some of those with dry skin stated they felt like a greaseball after using the foundation, but I never experienced that issue. Foundation is funny. What works for some may not work for others. Overall I have had rotten luck with drugstore foundation. Most are either too pink or too yellow and patchy. While this seemed like an overall better drugstore selection, it just didn't win me over.

on 5/5/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not for dry skin. Clung to dry patches like CRAZY. It was so odd. It clung to dry skin EVERYWHERE. I had to blend for ages. Took 10 minutes to make this look decent. Ain't nobody got time for dat. The shade range sucks. Nothing for pale skin. The coverage was light. It was just all around not good.

Maybe if you have combo or even oily skin you will like this. Good if you found l'oreal pro glow too dewy.

on 3/8/2017 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have both Dream Lumi in C3 and the UD Weightless Ultra Definition in 3.5. They are miles apart. Both blend beautifully with my skin, but the L'Oréal is more moist appearing, and the UD is velvety. I have tried Dream Lumi with various primers and setting powders, but nothing holds it in place. At 61 years of age, in the middle of winter in Ohio, my skin is an oil slick. Today I used a DDF primer and MUFE setting powder. No, just no. UD for the win, for me.

I bought this since i found out that it is a dupe for UD weightless skin foundation. Since UD would cost me around 50$, i opt for this one and it did an amazing job. If you have an oily tzone, make sure you set your foundation with powder! It stays all day if you wear your primer. The overage is light to medium coverage, so it is suitable to wear for an everyday makeup look.
Love it!

OMG. I'm in love.

Backstory: I've worn very full coverage for quite a few years now (had been dealing with acne and redness). Now my skin is less acne-prone and more stable. It rarely gets greasy or dry, providing I am consistent with my skincare regime. I have blackheads over my nose area, and quite large pores because of it.

However, I wanted a lighter foundation, that was still medium coverage, but didn't weigh my skin down, or clog my pores up as much. The foundation I previously used was cheaper, thicker (a very heavy cream consistency) and had a bad colour selection, as well as a tendancy to oxidise in dry areas. Basically, I needed a big upgrade.

I bought the L'Oreal Liquid Lumi Foundation for three reasons.
1 - The colour selection is good - they have pink tones as well as gold tones.
2 - The packaging. I mean, can you see that? It's gorgeous.
3 - Lumi. My previous foundation was matte, matte, matte. I wanted more glow. I'm 21 years old and want to embrace my youthful skin while I have it. I don't know why I felt a matte finish would suit my young dewy skin, but hey that's in the past.

This foundation did not disappoint. For a drugstore foundation, it's on the pricer side. However, I would pay it again and again for such a formula.

Firstly, it is the lightest thing I have ever worn on my skin. I literally feel like I have no makeup on, even though I have a full face. It is incredible. I am wearing it light/medium coverage right now.

For light/medium coverage, you barely need one pump. It goes a long way. It can be built up to a solid medium, and even maintains it's glowy freshness then.

It feels like silk on your face, holds well to any base (I've worn it without primer and it's still beautiful) and works well when built up with other makeup products (bronzer, blush etc).

IN SAYING THIS, be aware that yes, you will need concealer to work with this foundation. While it can be built up, it doesn't (for me) build up near enough to cover my dark circles. Nor am I going to spend 20 minutes buffing it into my breakout zone. I tend to use this foundation as a skin-perfecting glowy base, and then conceal under my eyes and on any breakouts.

I have in the past experienced breakouts with some foundations (Rimmel Wake Me Up - which is thicker than L'Oreal Lumi and lacks the glow), and I hear that some are complaining this foundation does the same. Frankly I don't see how, as it's so light, so perhaps it is an ingredient. All the same, I will update the review if anything happens.

This is the only drug store foundation I currently use, I have dry skin so usually dry patches would show throughout the day. This foundation doesn't define any patches! It's super luminous and so beautiful on! Personally I think this is a dupe for Giorgio Armani's silk foundation :) highly recommend for those who have dry skin!!❤️

on 6/20/2016 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This, along with most L'Oreal foundations I have tried, have the same oxidization issues. It has a lovely finish and is easy to blend, but when it sets it leaves an either pink or orange hue that you can't combat even with powder.

I really loved this but unfortunately my skin is acne prone and after a night/day of wearing this foundation, my skin would breakout! It looks beautiful and doesn't cover much, but it's light and radiant and has a lot of different shades to match your perfect skin tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the first drugstore foundation I've tried in years and it was $15 at Walgreen's. (I can't believe how expensive DS foundations are now, by the way!) I'm NC15 and tried the N1-2 shade which went on a pretty close to my color but oxidized to a peachy/orange color. The finish was a bit cakey but it didn't settle in my pores too much.

I've been wearing NARS Sheer Glow in Gobi which is my perfect shade. So I'll return the L'oreal and continue using the NSG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh my gosh, girls! This foundation is Beeeeautiful! It is so so lovely. And, for me and my dry skin, just looks better and better as the day progresses. It has SUCH a gorgeous, soft glow to it. It really lends that "lit from within" look. So soft and natural looking. It has solid medium coverage, in my opinion. The perfect amount for me... I'm not a big fan of full coverage foundations, except for on the very rare special occasion. I just love how this foundation melts into my skin and makes my skin look so healthy and young! I do wear a primer *coughmonistatantichafingcreamcough* underneath... I've never worn it without.... so I don't know how it performs without, but this foundation does last all day on me without getting greasy (not that that's ever much of a problem for me... dry skin) or patchy or anything. Like I said, it just looks better as the day goes on. That said, when i FIRST apply it, it does cling a little bit to some dry spots on my nose & forehead, but once it warms up and sort of melts or soaks in a little that problem goes away. This actually reminds me a lot of the original true match foundation, which is also fabulous... this just lends a somewhat more glowy look to the skin. Anyway, in sum, if you have normal to dry skin, I would highly highly recommend this stuff! If you have oily skin, it might not be such a good friend. I'm not sure. It's truly beautiful, though. Love love love! I hope they never get rid of it!