Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara

Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara

3.4

on 4/9/2017 5:25:00 AM

I've been using this for 2nd bottle.

Basically it's same with other mascara, the magic is ... it's make my lash really nice, as I had short lash, it did made my lash looks longer.

And didn't clump at all. For the price it's friendly and for the package .. just a little bit for me look like a little bit not exclusive as it's part of Shiseido brand, but still Okay!

on 2/27/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to find a different mascara then I saw this at a local drug store and gave it a try. The fiber brush or whatever you call the brush is quite different compared to other products ive tried. It definitely help my lashes look more full and (illusion) longer. It doesnt weigh down my lashes unlike the previous mascaras ive tried. One coat actually is enough but a girl can never have too many coats of mascara lol! Yes it smudges a bit but i dont mind. The only thing I dont like about this is the price its so expensive for a small tube :(

on 2/22/2017 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have repurchased this twice so far. I think it gave a real natural lengthening to my short, straight lashes. There was also a bit of volume added. It did last all day, and I didn't have the problems of clumping like other reviews have mentioned.

The smell was indeed quite bad but it didn't linger and I have no problems after application. However i felt that it did smudge a little throughout the day but that could be because of the heat and humidity from where I live.

Pros:
Natural looking, longer lashes

Cons:
Smelly
Smudges a little -- but can easily be wiped off.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought thus with high hopes because of the number of great reviews I read online before purchasing. Unfortunately I was just not impressed. Most Japanese mascaras I've used have all held a curl brilliantly, but this one just doesn't do the job. I found it to be a very wet formula which probably contributed to it dropping the curl I so painstakingly put into my lashes. It lengthens decently and adds a little volume but it isn't one that I'll be repurchasing.

Also I found the little emblem on top of the cap is made of a dull plastic now, whereas my first Majolica Majorca mascara came with a shiny emblem on the cap. It's probably me being nitpicky but I like the shiny version more, it added a nicer touch to the overall appearance.

on 10/18/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand why so many people don't like this. It is probably one of the best mascaras I've used, with fantastic lengthening and volumising abilities. I do use the matching lash bone primer before it, and it gives me that fantastic dolly eyed look that I haven't been able to get with any other mascaras. If removal is a problem then use oil based removers, if you find it smudges wear a top coat (I recommend bare minerals top coat, it has given me freedom to wear previously discarded mascaras due to smudging, this baby just doesn't move).
For reference, I have short Asian eyelashes.

on 6/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product (in brown) for about a week or so now;

- holds a curl well (though not as well as Heroine's Long & Curl)
- takes effort but fairly easy to remove
- doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day

however, this thing clumps like crazy on the weird brush it comes with and smells hella stank
what did they even put in this???? it doesn't smell like make up at all
the smell is so abstract i can't even begin to describe it; it's not very chemical like imo, not toxic either it just smells like.....some sort of a smelly armpit
but it doesn't linger after you put it on so no issue there i guess at most you feel paranoia and grossed out if you're suuuuper sensitive

in conclusion, it's kind of pricey over here and i was lucky to have gotten it for a cheaper price than usual, so I doubt I will repurchase this unless there's another sale of some sort.

For some time now, my HG has been Maybelline The Falsies and I have been looking for an alternative that can match or beat it. Lash King comes close but no cigar. There are a few issues with it that pretty much makes it ineligible for my repurchase. But first, the pros.

The GOOD bits:
- It lengthens well. The fibers really do wonders for my lashes. They cling easily and look rather natural albeit with a few strays I easily pull.
- It stays put. So far, I have had no issues with flaking unless I absentmindedly rub my eyes which I do pretty often. You really do have to use a makeup remover for this.
- The packaging is awfully cute.

Onto the BAD bits:
- It has a foul solvent smell that can irritate your eyes and nostrils. I don't know about you guys but the Lash King they sell in my country reeks of noxious fumes. It's not expired. I checked. But I scare myself sometimes thinking my lashes would disintegrate and my ovaries would shrivel into prunes from using this too often.
- It has a weird wand that can make the formula clump upon application. The Lash King wand does not have bristles. It does not have a comb either. I can't explain it. It just looks like an odd little stump with a spool of cobweb. But it works--with diligent practice. Newbies be warned.
- It costs more than The Falsies. I bought mine on holiday sale but it's still more expensive than my HG mascara.

I could have given this four lippies but the smell is just freakin' lab-experiment-gone-toxic-wrong scary.

on 12/28/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Given the price and how it compared to other mascaras within price range, I would re purchase this product again as this is the only mascara that had minimal smudging even after sleeping with it on. I think it's due to its formula leaning on the drier side in comparison to most. I have oily lids and straight lashes (top and bottom lashes actually touch under eye skin) so almost all mascara don't hold up well. A major downfall though is that the fibres are an eye irritant and the formula didn't really provide much volume; it also did not help maintain the curl of the lashes.

on 12/28/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had my fair share of searching hi and lo for a mascara that first and foremost would not smudge, not clumpy and will retain the curl. All these seem to be a tall order for most mascara's I've tried and I've tried a lot with varying price range as well. Am willing to pay a certain price as long as the product works the way I need it to.

I agree with other reviews that the fibres does irritate the eyes and that oil based make up remover is best for taking this off as well as it did not help retain curl but I would repurchase as this is the only mascara that gave minimal smudge. I would just need to be mindful in taking off fibres that end up on inner and outer corners of my lashes to minimize irritation.

Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara promises great length and thickness. Did it live up to its claims? Absolutely. Its’ thread-like fiber gives amazingly-long and thick lashes. I really had wanted to love it, but unfortunately I don’t.

What's Good?

What's Bad?
1. Messy Application
2. It Clumps
3. Sticky and Uncomfortable
4. Smudges Easily (but lightly)

Full review, before-after photos and price details at: http://bit.ly/lashking

Popular Mascaras