Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the pigmentation of the glitter. Other glitter nail polishes barely deliver any glitter on my nails. You'd have to apply ten coats of other glitter nail polishes to get the glitter pay off you get with just ONE coat.

My only problem with this nail polish is that it chips very easily. It lasted me one full day on my regular nails. The solution: apply it on top of acrylics and it doesn't chip at all.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this to create a sparkling French tip instead of the usual white which gives a super stark contrast against my pink-nude base colour! Have not tried it on its own yet because I'm not a huge fan of full on glitter colours! It looks a little dull in the bottle but once painted on the nails, it is a light champagne gold colour with light purple (lilac) round flecks. Very shiny and sparkly! Tempted to try others in the same range! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I guess I'm the minority here, but I find this polish to be a total pain in the arse. It is a gorgeous color, silver and lilac glitter. I love the look of it, but it takes about a day to chip, even with a top coat. I painted my nails Sunday night and applied topcoat. Got up Monday and applied topcoat again. By Tuesday night, all but 2 nails were chipped. I thought this may be an inexpensive way to achieve that "rock star nails" look, but the durability is terrible. I hate that I spent $7 on it. I haven't tried sandwiching it with gel polish, but if I'm going to get outmu uv light, I'd just as soon do the full blown gel manicure.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a truly unique glitter polish. Big Money is a clear polish packed with gold microglitters and larger pinky lavender sparkles. It gives such a beautiful effect because of the unusual colour combination. I prefer this to the Milani one coat type glitter polishes that are just kind of flat and one-dimensional. The Gem Crush polish wears well and has a standard drying time. Any grittiness from glitter is easily combated by a coat of Seche Vite. I am such a sucker for lilac and love how feminine and cute the sparkle of this polish is. A must-have for glitter lovers.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pretty color,2 coats is enough to get a good coverage. Don't care for the bottle top,too smooth,I had a difficult time opening the bottle for the first time. And at $6.99,I find it a tad pricey for a SH product but overall I was satisfied with it :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

***UPDATE*** I bought another one for a total of 8. The newest one is 07 Lady Luck which is a Plum color with silver glitter. Unlike the rest of them this one is not as opaque and I had to layer is over a similar color creme polish to make it look like what's in the bottle. I'm not totally heartbroken about having to layer it but I was hoping I wouldnt have to. --Ok so I have 7 of the Gem Crush Colors and outta those this one (03 BigMoney) and 06 Razzle Dazzle (the pink with silver sparkles) are my favorites. Yes even tho they are glitter these 2 colors come off very wearable. Big Money is a gold with lilac sparkles....so friggin beautiful. Like all glitters the texture dries gritty but....its glitter, its gunna happen. Just apply 2 coats of Sally Hansen Triple Strong (green bottle) and your good to go since its a gel top coat. Yes it chips but the great thing with glitter polish is dab a little glop of polish on the chip, let it ALMOST dry then press down on it to smooth it into place, top coat and your chip is fixed. I would recommend.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

such a beautiful colour! it wears well, dries fast and is quite opaque for a glitter! i love love love this colour - super unique and great value

This is my favorite nail color at the moment! I love the full coverage of the glitter and how fast it dries. The only downfall is how fast and easy it chips off. Sometimes an entire nail will chip off in one piece, like it was a press on or something lol. So if you have the patience to repaint your nails every other day, then this polish wouldn't bother you. I LOVE IT!! I just wish it was more durable and had a longer wear-abilty!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Polishes