Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.1

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Now this is a glitter polish to love (and I do love my glitter polishes). This is a gorgeous gold with flecks of slightly rosy lavender, of all things. The combination is just beautiful, and the lavender really brings out the gold and gives the overall polish a warm, slightly rose-gold effect. Interestingly, the gold in this is a bit subdued and on the taupe side, rather than being bright yellow gold, and I love that, too (works well on my cool-toned, pale skin). This is just gorgeous bling, and when I wear it, I find myself glancing admiringly at my nails pretty much all the time.

One coat gave a beautiful sheer but still glittery effect. Two coats is opaque (or nearly so).The formula is good, but can drag, so allow plenty of time for the first coat to dry. With a basic base coat and top coat, this polish wears extremely well, particularly for a glitter. And, yes, it's a right royal pain to remove, as pretty much all opaque glitters are.

I like to wear this with a couple or three gold accent nails, with the glitter polish on clear base coat. The glitter also looks awesome on a gold base. I haven't tried it on lavender, but I think that would look great, too, and bring out the lavender flecks in the glitter mix. Would also probably work well over a soft rose.

This polish is definitely a keeper! In fact, I like it so much, I grabbed not one but two backup bottles when I found them on sale for 25% off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love these Gem Crush glitters. I have three (Be-Jeweled, Razzle Dazzler and this one) and enjoy all of them. Big Money has champagne-gold fine and medium glitter with round lavender glitter. The lavender glitter isn't very obvious unless you are in bright light but it gives a subtle complexity to the color. I also like that this is a cool toned gold which makes it more neutral and wearable. I have had no issues with chipping with this or my other Gem Crushes. I use a SH base coat, 2-3 coats of glitter and a quick dry top coat and it stays on like iron. I may have to buy one or two more of these glitters ;)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fairy dust....who knows what that looks like but in my mind that's what this reminds me of... pastel lavender/cool champagne...oooh this is a delicate feminine glitter. I love this over Essie "To Buy Or Not To Buy", which is a soft lilac. Simply stunning.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I literally squealed out loud when I saw this color a few months ago at the drugstore- it is so eyecatching and pretty! It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Silvery gold glitter with larger lilac flecks, it is nearly opaque with one coat. I can't stop staring at my nails when i wear it.
Worn alone, it does chip like crazy. But the color is pale enough that it doesn't look too horrible, honestly. I patched it up in the mornings and got a few good days wear out of it. I'm a jeweler and very rough on my nails. I'm sure that use of a base and top coat would go a long way to preserve the look of this polish, but I honestly haven't tried it yet.
I'll bet this would be a gorgeous French manicure tip color. As an accent nail, I recently layered it over navy blue- stunning!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this to create a sparkling French tip instead of the usual white which gives a super stark contrast against my pink-nude base colour! Have not tried it on its own yet because I'm not a huge fan of full on glitter colours! It looks a little dull in the bottle but once painted on the nails, it is a light champagne gold colour with light purple (lilac) round flecks. Very shiny and sparkly! Tempted to try others in the same range! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a truly unique glitter polish. Big Money is a clear polish packed with gold microglitters and larger pinky lavender sparkles. It gives such a beautiful effect because of the unusual colour combination. I prefer this to the Milani one coat type glitter polishes that are just kind of flat and one-dimensional. The Gem Crush polish wears well and has a standard drying time. Any grittiness from glitter is easily combated by a coat of Seche Vite. I am such a sucker for lilac and love how feminine and cute the sparkle of this polish is. A must-have for glitter lovers.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is fan-freaking-tastic!

It is a pale yellow gold, looks almost silver sometimes, with lilac sparkles sprinkled within. It seems that almost any skin tone could pull it off, though, it seems to lean a little cool to me.

Opaque coverage in 2 coats, but you could really pull off 1, depending on how super sparkled you wanted it.

I put this over a base of clear nail polish (only because I was really excited to use it) and topped it with just clear nail polish. I noticed where there was no base on my nail, the polish flaked in a huge chunk. So I think it would be safe to say that this is not super-duper long lasting. I would figure, if you wanted to put the effort into finding the right base and topcoat you could find something that worked.

The glitter was even and did not clump, but the texture was a little gritty after drying.

All in all, none of these issues would prevent me from purchasing the other colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I guess I'm the minority here, but I find this polish to be a total pain in the arse. It is a gorgeous color, silver and lilac glitter. I love the look of it, but it takes about a day to chip, even with a top coat. I painted my nails Sunday night and applied topcoat. Got up Monday and applied topcoat again. By Tuesday night, all but 2 nails were chipped. I thought this may be an inexpensive way to achieve that "rock star nails" look, but the durability is terrible. I hate that I spent $7 on it. I haven't tried sandwiching it with gel polish, but if I'm going to get outmu uv light, I'd just as soon do the full blown gel manicure.

Popular Polishes