Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.8

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

such a beautiful colour! it wears well, dries fast and is quite opaque for a glitter! i love love love this colour - super unique and great value

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great color, very bling bling! I did put it over a cheap $1 light gray nail polish, LA Colors Color Glaze in number 558, from the Dollar Tree, which in and of itself, is very durable and long-lasting. This has stayed perfect with no chips or scratches for 4 days and counting. I do put a coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine on top of all of my polishes, and it makes for a hard top coat with great shine. This does have a slight gritty feel to it even with the top coat on, but i have not found that it snags on anything, just a little rough to the touch.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this nail polish! It's so pretty. I was looking for a lighter gold sparkly nail polish and I found this! I love the lilac sparkles in it as well. Very pretty. The only downside is this chips very easily.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the pigmentation of the glitter. Other glitter nail polishes barely deliver any glitter on my nails. You'd have to apply ten coats of other glitter nail polishes to get the glitter pay off you get with just ONE coat.

My only problem with this nail polish is that it chips very easily. It lasted me one full day on my regular nails. The solution: apply it on top of acrylics and it doesn't chip at all.

Popular Polishes