Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.5

This is my favorite glitter polish ever. I love how you can cover your entire nail with straight up glitter in only 2 coats without it drying like a goopy mess. The gold with larger purple glitter is sooo pretty! I've yet to find another glitter polish like this one. I'll definitely be stocking up because I'll probably cry if this gets discontinued.
I think this was about $7, which isn't too bad. There are far more expensive glitter polishes out there and I think this one can hold its own. It looks great paired with neutrals or my favorite to pair with is Smokin Hot by Essie. This would also look super festive with a red polish. I can't stop looking at my hands when I have this polish on.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this to create a sparkling French tip instead of the usual white which gives a super stark contrast against my pink-nude base colour! Have not tried it on its own yet because I'm not a huge fan of full on glitter colours! It looks a little dull in the bottle but once painted on the nails, it is a light champagne gold colour with light purple (lilac) round flecks. Very shiny and sparkly! Tempted to try others in the same range! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fairy dust....who knows what that looks like but in my mind that's what this reminds me of... pastel lavender/cool champagne...oooh this is a delicate feminine glitter. I love this over Essie "To Buy Or Not To Buy", which is a soft lilac. Simply stunning.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

such a beautiful colour! it wears well, dries fast and is quite opaque for a glitter! i love love love this colour - super unique and great value

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is fan-freaking-tastic!

It is a pale yellow gold, looks almost silver sometimes, with lilac sparkles sprinkled within. It seems that almost any skin tone could pull it off, though, it seems to lean a little cool to me.

Opaque coverage in 2 coats, but you could really pull off 1, depending on how super sparkled you wanted it.

I put this over a base of clear nail polish (only because I was really excited to use it) and topped it with just clear nail polish. I noticed where there was no base on my nail, the polish flaked in a huge chunk. So I think it would be safe to say that this is not super-duper long lasting. I would figure, if you wanted to put the effort into finding the right base and topcoat you could find something that worked.

The glitter was even and did not clump, but the texture was a little gritty after drying.

All in all, none of these issues would prevent me from purchasing the other colors.

Popular Polishes