Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

4.7

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Now this is a glitter polish to love (and I do love my glitter polishes). This is a gorgeous gold with flecks of slightly rosy lavender, of all things. The combination is just beautiful, and the lavender really brings out the gold and gives the overall polish a warm, slightly rose-gold effect. Interestingly, the gold in this is a bit subdued and on the taupe side, rather than being bright yellow gold, and I love that, too (works well on my cool-toned, pale skin). This is just gorgeous bling, and when I wear it, I find myself glancing admiringly at my nails pretty much all the time.

One coat gave a beautiful sheer but still glittery effect. Two coats is opaque (or nearly so).The formula is good, but can drag, so allow plenty of time for the first coat to dry. With a basic base coat and top coat, this polish wears extremely well, particularly for a glitter. And, yes, it's a right royal pain to remove, as pretty much all opaque glitters are.

I like to wear this with a couple or three gold accent nails, with the glitter polish on clear base coat. The glitter also looks awesome on a gold base. I haven't tried it on lavender, but I think that would look great, too, and bring out the lavender flecks in the glitter mix. Would also probably work well over a soft rose.

This polish is definitely a keeper! In fact, I like it so much, I grabbed not one but two backup bottles when I found them on sale for 25% off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love these Gem Crush glitters. I have three (Be-Jeweled, Razzle Dazzler and this one) and enjoy all of them. Big Money has champagne-gold fine and medium glitter with round lavender glitter. The lavender glitter isn't very obvious unless you are in bright light but it gives a subtle complexity to the color. I also like that this is a cool toned gold which makes it more neutral and wearable. I have had no issues with chipping with this or my other Gem Crushes. I use a SH base coat, 2-3 coats of glitter and a quick dry top coat and it stays on like iron. I may have to buy one or two more of these glitters ;)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I literally squealed out loud when I saw this color a few months ago at the drugstore- it is so eyecatching and pretty! It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Silvery gold glitter with larger lilac flecks, it is nearly opaque with one coat. I can't stop staring at my nails when i wear it.
Worn alone, it does chip like crazy. But the color is pale enough that it doesn't look too horrible, honestly. I patched it up in the mornings and got a few good days wear out of it. I'm a jeweler and very rough on my nails. I'm sure that use of a base and top coat would go a long way to preserve the look of this polish, but I honestly haven't tried it yet.
I'll bet this would be a gorgeous French manicure tip color. As an accent nail, I recently layered it over navy blue- stunning!

Popular Polishes