Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pretty color,2 coats is enough to get a good coverage. Don't care for the bottle top,too smooth,I had a difficult time opening the bottle for the first time. And at $6.99,I find it a tad pricey for a SH product but overall I was satisfied with it :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fairy dust....who knows what that looks like but in my mind that's what this reminds me of... pastel lavender/cool champagne...oooh this is a delicate feminine glitter. I love this over Essie "To Buy Or Not To Buy", which is a soft lilac. Simply stunning.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

***UPDATE*** I bought another one for a total of 8. The newest one is 07 Lady Luck which is a Plum color with silver glitter. Unlike the rest of them this one is not as opaque and I had to layer is over a similar color creme polish to make it look like what's in the bottle. I'm not totally heartbroken about having to layer it but I was hoping I wouldnt have to. --Ok so I have 7 of the Gem Crush Colors and outta those this one (03 BigMoney) and 06 Razzle Dazzle (the pink with silver sparkles) are my favorites. Yes even tho they are glitter these 2 colors come off very wearable. Big Money is a gold with lilac sparkles....so friggin beautiful. Like all glitters the texture dries gritty but....its glitter, its gunna happen. Just apply 2 coats of Sally Hansen Triple Strong (green bottle) and your good to go since its a gel top coat. Yes it chips but the great thing with glitter polish is dab a little glop of polish on the chip, let it ALMOST dry then press down on it to smooth it into place, top coat and your chip is fixed. I would recommend.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

such a beautiful colour! it wears well, dries fast and is quite opaque for a glitter! i love love love this colour - super unique and great value

This is my favorite nail color at the moment! I love the full coverage of the glitter and how fast it dries. The only downfall is how fast and easy it chips off. Sometimes an entire nail will chip off in one piece, like it was a press on or something lol. So if you have the patience to repaint your nails every other day, then this polish wouldn't bother you. I LOVE IT!! I just wish it was more durable and had a longer wear-abilty!!!!!!!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is fan-freaking-tastic!

It is a pale yellow gold, looks almost silver sometimes, with lilac sparkles sprinkled within. It seems that almost any skin tone could pull it off, though, it seems to lean a little cool to me.

Opaque coverage in 2 coats, but you could really pull off 1, depending on how super sparkled you wanted it.

I put this over a base of clear nail polish (only because I was really excited to use it) and topped it with just clear nail polish. I noticed where there was no base on my nail, the polish flaked in a huge chunk. So I think it would be safe to say that this is not super-duper long lasting. I would figure, if you wanted to put the effort into finding the right base and topcoat you could find something that worked.

The glitter was even and did not clump, but the texture was a little gritty after drying.

All in all, none of these issues would prevent me from purchasing the other colors.

Popular Polishes