Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

This color is so pretty! It is completely opaque in one coat, which is amazing for a sparkle polish, and is a pretty sand-colored neutral. I like to use it for the tip of a french mani because it is so opaque in one coat, so I don't have to built up multiple layers and create a line of demarcation between the nail tip color and the nail bed color. The lilac sparkles are a nice touch and I think it would look great if paired with an orchid-colored polish in the spring. I currently have it paired with Sally Hansen Professional's Commander in Chic and they look great together. I can't say much about the wear, since I change my polish so often, but I haven't noticed any undue chipping in the time I wear it. My only complaint is that I wish there are larger pieces of glitter--it's mostly a very fine glitter with medium-sized lilac pieces interspersed. I think it would be even better if there were larger pieces of glitter as well, but you can't have everything! I plan to layer it with Wet n Wild's Fergie Glamorous, which has a similar muted/buff-gold color large sparkles with a clear base.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great color, very bling bling! I did put it over a cheap $1 light gray nail polish, LA Colors Color Glaze in number 558, from the Dollar Tree, which in and of itself, is very durable and long-lasting. This has stayed perfect with no chips or scratches for 4 days and counting. I do put a coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine on top of all of my polishes, and it makes for a hard top coat with great shine. This does have a slight gritty feel to it even with the top coat on, but i have not found that it snags on anything, just a little rough to the touch.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a truly unique glitter polish. Big Money is a clear polish packed with gold microglitters and larger pinky lavender sparkles. It gives such a beautiful effect because of the unusual colour combination. I prefer this to the Milani one coat type glitter polishes that are just kind of flat and one-dimensional. The Gem Crush polish wears well and has a standard drying time. Any grittiness from glitter is easily combated by a coat of Seche Vite. I am such a sucker for lilac and love how feminine and cute the sparkle of this polish is. A must-have for glitter lovers.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this nail polish! It's so pretty. I was looking for a lighter gold sparkly nail polish and I found this! I love the lilac sparkles in it as well. Very pretty. The only downside is this chips very easily.

Popular Polishes