Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

This color is so pretty! It is completely opaque in one coat, which is amazing for a sparkle polish, and is a pretty sand-colored neutral. I like to use it for the tip of a french mani because it is so opaque in one coat, so I don't have to built up multiple layers and create a line of demarcation between the nail tip color and the nail bed color. The lilac sparkles are a nice touch and I think it would look great if paired with an orchid-colored polish in the spring. I currently have it paired with Sally Hansen Professional's Commander in Chic and they look great together. I can't say much about the wear, since I change my polish so often, but I haven't noticed any undue chipping in the time I wear it. My only complaint is that I wish there are larger pieces of glitter--it's mostly a very fine glitter with medium-sized lilac pieces interspersed. I think it would be even better if there were larger pieces of glitter as well, but you can't have everything! I plan to layer it with Wet n Wild's Fergie Glamorous, which has a similar muted/buff-gold color large sparkles with a clear base.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Now this is a glitter polish to love (and I do love my glitter polishes). This is a gorgeous gold with flecks of slightly rosy lavender, of all things. The combination is just beautiful, and the lavender really brings out the gold and gives the overall polish a warm, slightly rose-gold effect. Interestingly, the gold in this is a bit subdued and on the taupe side, rather than being bright yellow gold, and I love that, too (works well on my cool-toned, pale skin). This is just gorgeous bling, and when I wear it, I find myself glancing admiringly at my nails pretty much all the time.

One coat gave a beautiful sheer but still glittery effect. Two coats is opaque (or nearly so).The formula is good, but can drag, so allow plenty of time for the first coat to dry. With a basic base coat and top coat, this polish wears extremely well, particularly for a glitter. And, yes, it's a right royal pain to remove, as pretty much all opaque glitters are.

I like to wear this with a couple or three gold accent nails, with the glitter polish on clear base coat. The glitter also looks awesome on a gold base. I haven't tried it on lavender, but I think that would look great, too, and bring out the lavender flecks in the glitter mix. Would also probably work well over a soft rose.

This polish is definitely a keeper! In fact, I like it so much, I grabbed not one but two backup bottles when I found them on sale for 25% off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love these Gem Crush glitters. I have three (Be-Jeweled, Razzle Dazzler and this one) and enjoy all of them. Big Money has champagne-gold fine and medium glitter with round lavender glitter. The lavender glitter isn't very obvious unless you are in bright light but it gives a subtle complexity to the color. I also like that this is a cool toned gold which makes it more neutral and wearable. I have had no issues with chipping with this or my other Gem Crushes. I use a SH base coat, 2-3 coats of glitter and a quick dry top coat and it stays on like iron. I may have to buy one or two more of these glitters ;)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I literally squealed out loud when I saw this color a few months ago at the drugstore- it is so eyecatching and pretty! It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Silvery gold glitter with larger lilac flecks, it is nearly opaque with one coat. I can't stop staring at my nails when i wear it.
Worn alone, it does chip like crazy. But the color is pale enough that it doesn't look too horrible, honestly. I patched it up in the mornings and got a few good days wear out of it. I'm a jeweler and very rough on my nails. I'm sure that use of a base and top coat would go a long way to preserve the look of this polish, but I honestly haven't tried it yet.
I'll bet this would be a gorgeous French manicure tip color. As an accent nail, I recently layered it over navy blue- stunning!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great color, very bling bling! I did put it over a cheap $1 light gray nail polish, LA Colors Color Glaze in number 558, from the Dollar Tree, which in and of itself, is very durable and long-lasting. This has stayed perfect with no chips or scratches for 4 days and counting. I do put a coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine on top of all of my polishes, and it makes for a hard top coat with great shine. This does have a slight gritty feel to it even with the top coat on, but i have not found that it snags on anything, just a little rough to the touch.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I guess I'm the minority here, but I find this polish to be a total pain in the arse. It is a gorgeous color, silver and lilac glitter. I love the look of it, but it takes about a day to chip, even with a top coat. I painted my nails Sunday night and applied topcoat. Got up Monday and applied topcoat again. By Tuesday night, all but 2 nails were chipped. I thought this may be an inexpensive way to achieve that "rock star nails" look, but the durability is terrible. I hate that I spent $7 on it. I haven't tried sandwiching it with gel polish, but if I'm going to get outmu uv light, I'd just as soon do the full blown gel manicure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this nail polish! It's so pretty. I was looking for a lighter gold sparkly nail polish and I found this! I love the lilac sparkles in it as well. Very pretty. The only downside is this chips very easily.

Popular Polishes