Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

***UPDATE*** I bought another one for a total of 8. The newest one is 07 Lady Luck which is a Plum color with silver glitter. Unlike the rest of them this one is not as opaque and I had to layer is over a similar color creme polish to make it look like what's in the bottle. I'm not totally heartbroken about having to layer it but I was hoping I wouldnt have to. --Ok so I have 7 of the Gem Crush Colors and outta those this one (03 BigMoney) and 06 Razzle Dazzle (the pink with silver sparkles) are my favorites. Yes even tho they are glitter these 2 colors come off very wearable. Big Money is a gold with lilac sparkles....so friggin beautiful. Like all glitters the texture dries gritty but....its glitter, its gunna happen. Just apply 2 coats of Sally Hansen Triple Strong (green bottle) and your good to go since its a gel top coat. Yes it chips but the great thing with glitter polish is dab a little glop of polish on the chip, let it ALMOST dry then press down on it to smooth it into place, top coat and your chip is fixed. I would recommend.

This color is so pretty! It is completely opaque in one coat, which is amazing for a sparkle polish, and is a pretty sand-colored neutral. I like to use it for the tip of a french mani because it is so opaque in one coat, so I don't have to built up multiple layers and create a line of demarcation between the nail tip color and the nail bed color. The lilac sparkles are a nice touch and I think it would look great if paired with an orchid-colored polish in the spring. I currently have it paired with Sally Hansen Professional's Commander in Chic and they look great together. I can't say much about the wear, since I change my polish so often, but I haven't noticed any undue chipping in the time I wear it. My only complaint is that I wish there are larger pieces of glitter--it's mostly a very fine glitter with medium-sized lilac pieces interspersed. I think it would be even better if there were larger pieces of glitter as well, but you can't have everything! I plan to layer it with Wet n Wild's Fergie Glamorous, which has a similar muted/buff-gold color large sparkles with a clear base.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Now this is a glitter polish to love (and I do love my glitter polishes). This is a gorgeous gold with flecks of slightly rosy lavender, of all things. The combination is just beautiful, and the lavender really brings out the gold and gives the overall polish a warm, slightly rose-gold effect. Interestingly, the gold in this is a bit subdued and on the taupe side, rather than being bright yellow gold, and I love that, too (works well on my cool-toned, pale skin). This is just gorgeous bling, and when I wear it, I find myself glancing admiringly at my nails pretty much all the time.

One coat gave a beautiful sheer but still glittery effect. Two coats is opaque (or nearly so).The formula is good, but can drag, so allow plenty of time for the first coat to dry. With a basic base coat and top coat, this polish wears extremely well, particularly for a glitter. And, yes, it's a right royal pain to remove, as pretty much all opaque glitters are.

I like to wear this with a couple or three gold accent nails, with the glitter polish on clear base coat. The glitter also looks awesome on a gold base. I haven't tried it on lavender, but I think that would look great, too, and bring out the lavender flecks in the glitter mix. Would also probably work well over a soft rose.

This polish is definitely a keeper! In fact, I like it so much, I grabbed not one but two backup bottles when I found them on sale for 25% off.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

This is my favorite glitter polish ever. I love how you can cover your entire nail with straight up glitter in only 2 coats without it drying like a goopy mess. The gold with larger purple glitter is sooo pretty! I've yet to find another glitter polish like this one. I'll definitely be stocking up because I'll probably cry if this gets discontinued.
I think this was about $7, which isn't too bad. There are far more expensive glitter polishes out there and I think this one can hold its own. It looks great paired with neutrals or my favorite to pair with is Smokin Hot by Essie. This would also look super festive with a red polish. I can't stop looking at my hands when I have this polish on.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a truly unique glitter polish. Big Money is a clear polish packed with gold microglitters and larger pinky lavender sparkles. It gives such a beautiful effect because of the unusual colour combination. I prefer this to the Milani one coat type glitter polishes that are just kind of flat and one-dimensional. The Gem Crush polish wears well and has a standard drying time. Any grittiness from glitter is easily combated by a coat of Seche Vite. I am such a sucker for lilac and love how feminine and cute the sparkle of this polish is. A must-have for glitter lovers.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fairy dust....who knows what that looks like but in my mind that's what this reminds me of... pastel lavender/cool champagne...oooh this is a delicate feminine glitter. I love this over Essie "To Buy Or Not To Buy", which is a soft lilac. Simply stunning.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is fan-freaking-tastic!

It is a pale yellow gold, looks almost silver sometimes, with lilac sparkles sprinkled within. It seems that almost any skin tone could pull it off, though, it seems to lean a little cool to me.

Opaque coverage in 2 coats, but you could really pull off 1, depending on how super sparkled you wanted it.

I put this over a base of clear nail polish (only because I was really excited to use it) and topped it with just clear nail polish. I noticed where there was no base on my nail, the polish flaked in a huge chunk. So I think it would be safe to say that this is not super-duper long lasting. I would figure, if you wanted to put the effort into finding the right base and topcoat you could find something that worked.

The glitter was even and did not clump, but the texture was a little gritty after drying.

All in all, none of these issues would prevent me from purchasing the other colors.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the pigmentation of the glitter. Other glitter nail polishes barely deliver any glitter on my nails. You'd have to apply ten coats of other glitter nail polishes to get the glitter pay off you get with just ONE coat.

My only problem with this nail polish is that it chips very easily. It lasted me one full day on my regular nails. The solution: apply it on top of acrylics and it doesn't chip at all.

Popular Polishes