Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by age: 44-55

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Now this is a glitter polish to love (and I do love my glitter polishes). This is a gorgeous gold with flecks of slightly rosy lavender, of all things. The combination is just beautiful, and the lavender really brings out the gold and gives the overall polish a warm, slightly rose-gold effect. Interestingly, the gold in this is a bit subdued and on the taupe side, rather than being bright yellow gold, and I love that, too (works well on my cool-toned, pale skin). This is just gorgeous bling, and when I wear it, I find myself glancing admiringly at my nails pretty much all the time.

One coat gave a beautiful sheer but still glittery effect. Two coats is opaque (or nearly so).The formula is good, but can drag, so allow plenty of time for the first coat to dry. With a basic base coat and top coat, this polish wears extremely well, particularly for a glitter. And, yes, it's a right royal pain to remove, as pretty much all opaque glitters are.

I like to wear this with a couple or three gold accent nails, with the glitter polish on clear base coat. The glitter also looks awesome on a gold base. I haven't tried it on lavender, but I think that would look great, too, and bring out the lavender flecks in the glitter mix. Would also probably work well over a soft rose.

This polish is definitely a keeper! In fact, I like it so much, I grabbed not one but two backup bottles when I found them on sale for 25% off.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fairy dust....who knows what that looks like but in my mind that's what this reminds me of... pastel lavender/cool champagne...oooh this is a delicate feminine glitter. I love this over Essie "To Buy Or Not To Buy", which is a soft lilac. Simply stunning.

Popular Polishes