Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by age: 30-35

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love these Gem Crush glitters. I have three (Be-Jeweled, Razzle Dazzler and this one) and enjoy all of them. Big Money has champagne-gold fine and medium glitter with round lavender glitter. The lavender glitter isn't very obvious unless you are in bright light but it gives a subtle complexity to the color. I also like that this is a cool toned gold which makes it more neutral and wearable. I have had no issues with chipping with this or my other Gem Crushes. I use a SH base coat, 2-3 coats of glitter and a quick dry top coat and it stays on like iron. I may have to buy one or two more of these glitters ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I literally squealed out loud when I saw this color a few months ago at the drugstore- it is so eyecatching and pretty! It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Silvery gold glitter with larger lilac flecks, it is nearly opaque with one coat. I can't stop staring at my nails when i wear it.
Worn alone, it does chip like crazy. But the color is pale enough that it doesn't look too horrible, honestly. I patched it up in the mornings and got a few good days wear out of it. I'm a jeweler and very rough on my nails. I'm sure that use of a base and top coat would go a long way to preserve the look of this polish, but I honestly haven't tried it yet.
I'll bet this would be a gorgeous French manicure tip color. As an accent nail, I recently layered it over navy blue- stunning!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great color, very bling bling! I did put it over a cheap $1 light gray nail polish, LA Colors Color Glaze in number 558, from the Dollar Tree, which in and of itself, is very durable and long-lasting. This has stayed perfect with no chips or scratches for 4 days and counting. I do put a coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine on top of all of my polishes, and it makes for a hard top coat with great shine. This does have a slight gritty feel to it even with the top coat on, but i have not found that it snags on anything, just a little rough to the touch.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this nail polish! It's so pretty. I was looking for a lighter gold sparkly nail polish and I found this! I love the lilac sparkles in it as well. Very pretty. The only downside is this chips very easily.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pretty color,2 coats is enough to get a good coverage. Don't care for the bottle top,too smooth,I had a difficult time opening the bottle for the first time. And at $6.99,I find it a tad pricey for a SH product but overall I was satisfied with it :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is fan-freaking-tastic!

It is a pale yellow gold, looks almost silver sometimes, with lilac sparkles sprinkled within. It seems that almost any skin tone could pull it off, though, it seems to lean a little cool to me.

Opaque coverage in 2 coats, but you could really pull off 1, depending on how super sparkled you wanted it.

I put this over a base of clear nail polish (only because I was really excited to use it) and topped it with just clear nail polish. I noticed where there was no base on my nail, the polish flaked in a huge chunk. So I think it would be safe to say that this is not super-duper long lasting. I would figure, if you wanted to put the effort into finding the right base and topcoat you could find something that worked.

The glitter was even and did not clump, but the texture was a little gritty after drying.

All in all, none of these issues would prevent me from purchasing the other colors.

Popular Polishes