Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the pigmentation of the glitter. Other glitter nail polishes barely deliver any glitter on my nails. You'd have to apply ten coats of other glitter nail polishes to get the glitter pay off you get with just ONE coat.

My only problem with this nail polish is that it chips very easily. It lasted me one full day on my regular nails. The solution: apply it on top of acrylics and it doesn't chip at all.

This color is so pretty! It is completely opaque in one coat, which is amazing for a sparkle polish, and is a pretty sand-colored neutral. I like to use it for the tip of a french mani because it is so opaque in one coat, so I don't have to built up multiple layers and create a line of demarcation between the nail tip color and the nail bed color. The lilac sparkles are a nice touch and I think it would look great if paired with an orchid-colored polish in the spring. I currently have it paired with Sally Hansen Professional's Commander in Chic and they look great together. I can't say much about the wear, since I change my polish so often, but I haven't noticed any undue chipping in the time I wear it. My only complaint is that I wish there are larger pieces of glitter--it's mostly a very fine glitter with medium-sized lilac pieces interspersed. I think it would be even better if there were larger pieces of glitter as well, but you can't have everything! I plan to layer it with Wet n Wild's Fergie Glamorous, which has a similar muted/buff-gold color large sparkles with a clear base.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this to create a sparkling French tip instead of the usual white which gives a super stark contrast against my pink-nude base colour! Have not tried it on its own yet because I'm not a huge fan of full on glitter colours! It looks a little dull in the bottle but once painted on the nails, it is a light champagne gold colour with light purple (lilac) round flecks. Very shiny and sparkly! Tempted to try others in the same range! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a truly unique glitter polish. Big Money is a clear polish packed with gold microglitters and larger pinky lavender sparkles. It gives such a beautiful effect because of the unusual colour combination. I prefer this to the Milani one coat type glitter polishes that are just kind of flat and one-dimensional. The Gem Crush polish wears well and has a standard drying time. Any grittiness from glitter is easily combated by a coat of Seche Vite. I am such a sucker for lilac and love how feminine and cute the sparkle of this polish is. A must-have for glitter lovers.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

***UPDATE*** I bought another one for a total of 8. The newest one is 07 Lady Luck which is a Plum color with silver glitter. Unlike the rest of them this one is not as opaque and I had to layer is over a similar color creme polish to make it look like what's in the bottle. I'm not totally heartbroken about having to layer it but I was hoping I wouldnt have to. --Ok so I have 7 of the Gem Crush Colors and outta those this one (03 BigMoney) and 06 Razzle Dazzle (the pink with silver sparkles) are my favorites. Yes even tho they are glitter these 2 colors come off very wearable. Big Money is a gold with lilac sparkles....so friggin beautiful. Like all glitters the texture dries gritty but....its glitter, its gunna happen. Just apply 2 coats of Sally Hansen Triple Strong (green bottle) and your good to go since its a gel top coat. Yes it chips but the great thing with glitter polish is dab a little glop of polish on the chip, let it ALMOST dry then press down on it to smooth it into place, top coat and your chip is fixed. I would recommend.

Popular Polishes