Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw

Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw
Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in OutlawEverlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in OutlawEverlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I do love this product. I've not had any problems with patchiness or color flaking off. But I've also recently tried the Jordana sweet cream matte liquid lipsticks and for 5$ in the shades I've tried so far ( tiramisu and rose macaron) they outlast KVD and are just as comfortable. So for that reason I think I will buy Jordana instead of rebuying from KVD. Outlaw shows up as true red on my skin with no orange undertones. It is a beautiful color.

on 8/10/2016 2:01:00 AM

I tried this brand in Sephora and was glad I tried before buying. Super uncomfortable feeling, drying formula that started flaking off in the center quickly. Save your money and go for colour pop

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The pros: The color is absolutely beautiful. It's a neutral red with an extremely subtle gold sheen to it that helps to make the lips look less dry and dead. It does also last quite a long time before flaking a bit in the center.

The cons: This literally never dries down in the corners of my mouth, which is a very weird and uncomfortable feeling. It also does transfer a bit on the lip line and that corner-of-the-mouth area even after it's been given ample time to dry, which is annoying. Also, while the tip is pretty precise and holds a good amount of product, I have an issue with applying this where if the applicator has too much product it creates kind of a line on my lip line. And it is quite drying. Those things, though, I can kind of put up with- put a lip liner in the corners, wipe the tip off before doing the lip line, make sure my lips are moisturized. What I can't deal with is that after about 5-ish hours, it just looks patchy and bad. The color isn't gone, it's just no longer even, like a darker color in some places and lighter in others. And of course reapplying more on top to fix it just makes more flaking happen. Lip balm works too, but at that point why not just wear a cream lipstick?

Because of those issues, I've mostly just been using this to extend the wear of my cream lipsticks by putting it underneath, and that it does pretty well, and it's cheaper to use something like this rather than a liner which'd run out faster when used all over the lips.

on 4/16/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this color. It's a brick red with a hint of orange. I'm yellow skin tone so it looks great and doesn't make my teeth look yellow. It's got excellent staying power. Not too drying.

I am happy that I have not purchased a full size of this liquid lipstick. I do love Outlaw as a colour, it does apply as a blue-based red but dries down to a very matte almost brick red finish.

It is an eye-catching red which will compliment any skin tone, but I do despise the texture of it. Even though it feels creamy at first, it does dry fairly quick and does crack on my lips in about an hour or two. You can re-apply, but it is not why people buy liquid lipsticks, right? I believe a good liquid lipstick should stay for hours on your lips, without causing any dryness or irritation.

This lipstick does feel drying and all in all - I am not impressed. Not really sure why so many people rave about Kat Von D lipsticks in general. I think they are not better than NYX or say any other drustore brand, which are so much cheaper.

For more reviews on Kat Von D lipsticks check out an in-depth review below. Hope it helps

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Finding a good red lipstick can be harder than it sounds. Drugstore brands weren't working for me, so I decided to try something more higher-end. After a recommendation from a friend, I went to Sephora to pick up the Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso. They were sold out, so the saleswoman showed me Outlaw as a slightly cheaper dupe.

I am so glad I went with Outlaw over Beso! The color is the most perfect blue-toned true red and the application is creamy and the doe foot applicator makes applying it very easy. It dries within a minute and it also does not budge once it dries; seriously, this lipstick could survive eating, drinking, kissing and nuclear war. I apply it in the morning and I only have to reapply it once in a full 12-hour day. It is a matte product, so be sure to exfoliate and apply a little lip balm before hand to avoid dryness. It has a faint cosmetic kind of smell, but it's not something you'll notice unless you go to sniff the applicator.

As far as I am concerned, this is the holy grail of red lipsticks; worth every penny!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Too orangey for my skin tone. I actually thought this would be a brick red tone lippy. This is the first shade that I just did not like.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got a sample size version of this, and I really love it! It's a beautiful shade of red that really compliments my super pale skin, and it really nice staying power. I used it with Too Faced lip insurance primer, and I would definitely recommend it! First day I wore the application, it lasted through an entire work day, as well as dinner and drinks afterward...no touch-ups needed! I did try it on its own, with no liner or primer, and it did come off a bit on my chin while eating, but the colour on my lips was still fantastic! It also feels nice, not too drying or sticky. Will be getting more colours for sure!

I totally scored when I found this at marshall's for $8; I probably wouldn't have purchased it at full price, but now I'll probably repurchase after I use it up. I haven't experienced the flaking issues that other reviewers have, but it does wear off pretty easily. Thankfully reapplication looks fine, unlike some liquid lipsticks that layer weirdly. The thing I HATE about this is that I always manage to somehow get it on my hands and on the packaging. It looks like blood and it's so difficult to get off, so I have to settle for looking like a murderer for a little while. But I look like a murderer with flipping gorgeous lips because this color is aaaaaammaaaaaazing. It's opaque and electric bright.

Pros: The colors are true and opaque. They look gorgeous on the lips and apply fairly easily.

Cons: This is cement. It feels like cement. They crumble on me after a while and flake because they are just so dry. Very uncomfortable to wear. I'd suggest the Sephora Cream Lip Stains instead!

Popular Lipsticks