NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)
HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol,Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica, Sorbitan Olivem, Magnesium Sulfate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, and Xanthan-Gum. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77491), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77492) Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

I first got this concealer thinking it will be a good concealer from a brand that I like and have faith in... Not exactly what I thought it will be.
This does the job with concealing my under-eye area, but I do have problem with it as well. I sometimes apply the waterproof eyeshadow primer by NYX under my eyes as well if I apply some shadow under my lower lash line. If I apply the concealer over that, you can see a patch under my lower lash line where I applied the primer, like my skin is super dry and about to flake off, when in reality it's only the primer. Because of that, I apply another concealer with this one as well only to not get that patchiness under me eyes.
In regards of covering up redness in the skin, it gives a medium coverage that does the job. But covering up blemishes? Doesn't really work. It doesn't cover up the blemish AT ALL, even if I try to build up the coverage. You can clearly see the blemish, and it looks patchy and flaky, making me feel like it just draws more attention to the blemish, and not covering up the redness of the blemish it self at all.
Even though this concealer does the job in covering up my dark circles (even though it's a tad dark for my pale skin), I would not repurchase it.

on 10/5/2017 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

SHADE - YELLOW!

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.
I read that the formula was changed recently and coconut oil was added to the mix which caused breakouts for many girls. I can't tell how it was before the reformulation as I bought it for the first time after said reformulation, but I can assure you that my skin didn't like this at all.
It covered what I needed to cover well (hence the two stars) but I used it only once because a day after using it, I had a breakout which correlated with the areas I used the concealer for.
For those who are considering buying it, the yellow concealer is thin and its yellowness is quite deep in comparison to the thicker and very light yellow concealer from nyx concealer palette). I put tiny dots of it on the problem areas (scars) and dabbed it out - it spread out better than the nyx concealer from the palette, which tends to cling to the drier areas and, in my opinion, wears off more quickly. I would like to test out how this would work when my skin was even drier than the day I used it, but I don't want another breakout. ;(
Overall, sad it didn't work for me because it's affordable and it's not as open to germs, dust and all that jazz like the corrector palettes.

on 8/25/2017 1:09:00 PM

I used this for contouring and it was fine for that purpose. No high standards to fullfill because allmost any concealer could do it. Nice color section and good blendability.But then they reformulated it (added coconut oil) and my skin started to break out horribly. So this is no no for me,and I'm not going to buy it ever again. So beware if your skin is acne prone.

on 8/12/2017 3:39:00 AM

I really do like this but I bought the yellow, and was going to use it as my under eye concealer. It works okay, but I kind of feel that yellow is not the best concealer color for pale skin. I would have been better off going with pink. I think if I buy another tube, I will try the pink one, which will look more natural. The yellow will look better on olive tones, I think. It dries quickly, then regular foundation can be put over it. I just wish I had bought a different color, but the yellow was recommended for blue eye circles.

I liked it, it had good coverage, but I have the lightest one I could find -CW01- and it's still too dark and I'm not even all that pale.

on 9/19/2017 6:50:00 PM

I used this product before,maybe a year ago. I decided to use another concealer instead after that. But this summer (around july) I decided to repurchase it. Since july/august of this year my face began breaking out severely. I did not assume it to be the concealer since i had used it before. I thought it may be my diet, but nothing had changed. But, unbeknownst to me, nyx reformulated the concealer, by adding coconut oil. my skin in very sensitive to oily things. If you have sensitive, acne prone, or hormonal skin, I would avoid this concealer. I also realised that I only broke out when i wore makeup, so i should have known. I wish I had found out about this earlier, so i did not have to suffer through 2 months of bad acne, without knowing the cause. I only discovered this tonight and will update on my skin if it improves. Hope this helps someone.

This was a light coverage okish concealer for the first few application but the applicator and packaging is horrible and cheap. The writing started to come off after a few use and the applicator needs to be re-dipped repeatedly. It finishes really quickly, i just used it for max 20 times lightly under my eyes and its already over from 4th-5th application. I bought the 3rd shades and it was looking ok (not the right shade but can still work with it) in the shop but after one or two use it oxidized in the container and became a weird pinkish peachish sheer concealer. I won't be repurchasing it again and wont recommend it to anyone.

on 7/21/2017 12:45:00 PM

This is a must have if you like light coverage concealers, but me having very bad dark circles, no coverage whatsoever

I am an overall big fan of NYX products but I always used the Rimmel Concealer for places I wanted more coverage and then Loreal or Maybelline Lumi Concealer for spots I wanted to brighten a bit. Unfortunately, our financial situation changed and I had to find a cheaper replacement for those 2 highlighters. I stumbled across this online and the price was great and I trust NYX and once again they didn't disappoint! . It's a quality Concealer with a smooth consistency, blends well, doesn't crease on me at all, and lasts most of the day. Again, I don't use this as my full coverage Concealer but it does a great job of Brightening under eyes, Brow bones, etc. And on days I choose a tinted Moisturizer instead of foundation, I can skip my other Concealer and this will fill in any places I feel are too sheer. The one provost I have, is this is the ONLY Concealer that I seem to go through lightening fast. Definitely not s enough product in tube but can't really complain for the price. Even when I could afford to go back to my pricier products, I've stuck with this. I am never without a backup on hand for when I run out

on 8/7/2017 9:24:00 PM

It took me a few tries to find the right shade in this concealer (I recommend Fair to anyone with cool neutral tones on pale skin), but once I did, I really liked it. It does settle into the lines in my face if I'm not careful, so I usually have to be conservative with it and use a setting powder afterward. I think it does cover pretty well, though.