NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)
image 1image 2image 3

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol,Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica, Sorbitan Olivem, Magnesium Sulfate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, and Xanthan-Gum. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77491), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77492) Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 7/18/2016 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Heard amazing things about this concealer but was so disappointed, first off i bought the colour porcelain and its nowhere near light enough for my pasty skin tone its coverage was decent i have no complaints there but the wand is really uncomfortable to use especially under the eyes as i felt the tip was really sharp and did scrape my skin on occasion.
It wasn't something I looked forward to using everyday and was relived when it ran out.

on 7/12/2016 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this concealer in hopes to venture into highlighting. For the undereye this was horrible for me! It creased pretty horribly even after I set it, and it dries and separates like crazy on my oily face, which is weird because I expected such a dry formula to be good for my uber oily skin. I prefer the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer over this, just because the Fit Me feels lighter and creamier and I'm able to set it without looking cakey. The biggest downside is how hard it is to blend. I have to blend one side of my face at a time, if I don't then the application will dry up and just look like a hot mess. However I can use this NYX one for under my eyebrows to clean up the edges and give it a bit of a highlight. Again with the blendability, I have to work on one eyebrow first and blend it with a dense brush. I'll probably be using it for under my brows until I can throw it away.

To Read all 252 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this concealer. I personally do not have dark under eye circles. I know I have been blessed. I use concealer to highlight my face to get it dimension after applying foundation. This concealer is great it is medium coverage. This applies easily with applicator and blends seamlessly with a beauty blender. On days that I wear my no-make up makeup look I use it spot conceal some acne spots then apply powder and it looks great.

on 6/18/2016 1:37:00 PM

Ok so I am the one who put up the swatches comparrison of Mac Pro Longwear concealer NC15 with this NYX concealer in 'Porcelain' / 'CW01'. I am so dissapointted because the colour of this concealer, in the VERY LIGHTEST shade, is horrible!!!! From the swatch comparisson MAC's Pro Longwear has a more natural yellow/neutral beige undertone and it is a perfect colour match for my skin when blended whereas the NYX has an artificial bright orange/ pink undertone. WHAT THE HECK????!!!! Now, I love everything about the MAC concealer except from the fact that it breaks me out TERRIBLY so I only can use it for under eye concealing and definitley not anything else on my face. However, that is probably just me and my skin I would definitley urge anyone to try the MAC Pro Longwear over the NYX one purely because the lightest shade is A MILLION TIMES better. As you can see from the swatch comparrison the NYX one is a bit more mousse-y in texture?! than the Mac one which I actually don't think is as nice as the Pro Longwear; the mac one is so thin but still provides more coverage than this nyx one! You get what you pay for in this scenario. Due to the salmon/orange undertone this will make an ok colour correcting shade for under the eyes to cancel out blue or purple-ness I guess?! Honestly, I am so surprised that no one has mentioned this issue in reviews; about how it is so orange/pink??!! If anyone knows of a good concealer that has the same colour as MAC Pro Longwear NC15 LET ME KNOW PLSSS.

The undertone of this concealer SUCKS. The chalky/cheap looking finish SUCKS. But at least it was only 5 BUCKS.
UP YOUR GAME NYX, NO-ONE IS EVER GOING TO HAVE ENOUGH PINK / ORANGE TONES IN THEIR SKIN TO MATCH THIS EW!!!??

on 6/16/2016 11:49:00 PM

I love everything NYX. I rave about them, I will never stop.

But... I mean...

I'm trying to love this concealer. So hard. So when I do my makeup and use this concealer, I don't turn my light in my mirror on because if i do, I'll see THE MILLION CREASES AND STREAKS ALL OVER MY DAMN FACE.

Anyway.

NYX really let me down on this one. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 6/5/2016 3:41:00 AM

Good quality ( I can swear it's like Mac one ) , covers well and does not crease . I use it in combination with banana luxury powder .

on 6/5/2016 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this on a whim because I wanted to try a new concealer, which is rare because I always read reviews before buying something. To start off I LOVED the formula of this because it's so thick and had really good coverage, but it creased so badly even after I baked with translucent powder. On the bright side, it still stayed on all day and didn't slide around, which surprised me because I have oily skin, but the creasing was still annoying. I've never had this problem with the Maybelline fit me concealer (my holy grail) I had high expectations for this because nyx products are so good quality but I'll have to pass on this one.

on 5/11/2016 9:06:00 PM

Let me start by saying I'm a concealer junkie. I own far too many and am constantly searching for ones that work well. I have slightly dry under eyes with fairly moderate dark circles and I always color correct. So all I want from my concealer is light to medium coverage, minimal creasing, no cakey/dry yuck look and a little brightening. This concealer failed so hard.

Pros:
Light/medium coverage
Affordable price

Cons:
Creased SO badly, I saw creases I didn't know I had when I used this
Caked/looked dry and cracky, with or without powder looked awful no matter how I applied it
The packaging blows, all of the black print rubbed off onto my hands then transferred to everything I touched including my face

I love NYX as a brand but I hated everything about this concealer. I hate that I bought in to all the hype but at least I only lost $5 since I lost the receipt and can't return it.

on 5/2/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Not super in love with this...I know it has some really loyal fans so I gave it a try, but I don't feel it covers enough. I got shade 03 in Light. It also is just slighty too light/orange for my face but the next shade would have been too dark. I have to say, it reminds me a little of my E.l.f. Max Coverage Concealer, which isn't max coverage either but more than this. The E.l.f. matches my face better and there is more in the tube. I use a lighter shade for under my eyes than on my face and their lightest shade is more white.

So I also figured I could do the under eye brightening look with this Nyx concealer, considering how light it is, but I'm not sure I can tell a difference as much as I hoped. It is more orange than the E.l.f. one, which appeals to some people as orange can be more brightening. I also tried this on half my face with their new "Gotcha Covered" on the other to compare and of course Gotcha Covered is stronger, but there wasn't a huge difference as far as looking much brighter or awake on the side with this one. I mean, I saw a little difference, but I was looking for it. I don't know if other people would notice. Maybe. For reference, I have Gotcha covered in 02 Light and it's more beige. They are not at all the same color.

Still, I am going to keep it for under eyes here and there and when my skin is clearer and I don't want to wear heavier concealers. (Side note, I would LOVE to not need heavier concealers and have clearer skin, so maybe that's partially why I want to hang onto this. Although because of the color I will probably use it as as under eye concealer only.) I do like the texture and I don't think it breaks me out which is extremely rare for concealers so that makes me happy. But I don't think I'd repurchase because for me personally it isn't a huge part of my routine that I need it. I will update if it grows on me or my opinion changes.

on 4/27/2016 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This cost me $5 at Ulta and it is the best concealer I have ever used for pictures. So you know how the trend is lately and we like to brighten under the eye. I love the look of a brighter inner part of the face. Well, with every other concealer I've used I'd get the flashback that was just unflattering in flash photos. Not with this one. And I repeat, this cost me $5!!! I have it in the color nutmeg (I am NW45) and it brightens beautifully but is the darkest shade available at Ulta. I will certainly continue to purchase. Does not crease when powder is applied over it. I am in love and just purchase 4 more for BOGO 50% off at ulta.com. This photographs so beautifully that all my selfies will be on point.

Video Reviews & Tutorials