NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)
HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol,Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica, Sorbitan Olivem, Magnesium Sulfate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, and Xanthan-Gum. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77491), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77492) Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Not a fan. It's not the worst concealer I've had but it just doesn't work for me. It looks okay at first but ends up being all chalky and just meh. Plus I bought the wrong shade, so I'll be able to use it only in summer.
I like the Sephora brand High Coverage Concealer wand a lot more but it's quite expensive for a concealer so I was hoping to find something cheaper... I'll have to keep looking.

on 11/17/2017 8:34:00 AM

I really like this product, I use the C2 shade as I'm pretty pale. I used to use the MAC concealer which is great but it was too pricey for me so this is a good alternative!
Easy to apply, no smell, stays on well, overall definitely worth a purchase for the price!

on 11/15/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

The coverage is poor and doesn't fully cover my dark circles and skin imperfections. However, the formula is great and stays on my skin without creasing (without baking too!) for an entire day.

They recently added coconut oil to the formula, which is great on my dry skin but is something you should be aware of if coconut oil breaks you out.

I purchased this product while looking for affordable, quality make up on my wedding day. It held up, and looked great in pictures. At first I was pleased with this product. However, I am feeling less fond of it upon using it for about 3 months now. One day after applying primer and foundation, I went in to highlight/conceal under my eyes. I put some underneath both eyes, then went back in with my Real Techniques beauty sponge to blend out, and the HD concealer took off all my foundation where it was originally sitting! It was no longer fixable. I had to completely re-do it. I find it also doesn't hide my darkness as much as I would like it. So now, I use the yellow in small amounts to try and colour correct underneath my other products and I blend as soon as it touches my skin. I like doing this first really fast, and then layering my Maybelline Fit Me concealer on top. Not sure if I will re-purchase or not once it runs out. It is good for the price, but there are others which work a little better for me at the same price.

Update: I've been using it more, and it just doesn't really cover anything and it creases. Sometimes I'll put a small layer under my Maybelline Fit Me to brighten, but honestly this is just because I want my money's worth. I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/6/2017 7:18:00 PM

The price point here was just too incredible not to try, plus all of the hype on Instagram kinda had me excited. So I bought and I’m not too thrilled with it, it’s just not working for me. The coverage is light to sheer, and it tends to get pretty cakey

on 11/6/2017 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The Nyx Photogenic Concealer has medium coverage and comes with an easy to use wand. It works well as a spot concealer for blemishes but can be extremely dry and cakey under the eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good concealer. I bought it after running out of the KVD tattoo concealer and looking for something cheaper. It's not as good as that one, but I'd still recommend it. It's light-weight, has medium coverage and is quite easy to blend. I wish there were more shades, the darkest shade is not that dark and the lightest is a liiittle too dark for my liking, as it oxidises a bit on the skin. I don't really know why people are comparing it to the NARS creamy radiant concealer (which I used to own but will not repurchase as NARS are no longer cruelty free) because they're not that similar in my opinion. I'd probably buy it again, mainly to carry with me in my purse for quick fix-ups.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I tried this little gem in hopes that it would replace my expensive Naked Skin --- and it does!!! I really like it. So far it does not crease on me, it blends out well ( beauty blender application) no creasing into fine lines, and it stays put for hours. I was shocked. I'm 55 and I have crepey skin under my eyes but as long as I blended it out well - set it with a good powder - it doesn't budge. The applicator could use some help -- it doesn't give quite enough product - but I can totally overlook that for the price difference!!! It stays on me all day without fading and that is miraculous. The color range isn't the greatest but oh well.... it's like $20.00 cheaper than the one I was using!!! I think I can deal!!! Great product.

I first got this concealer thinking it will be a good concealer from a brand that I like and have faith in... Not exactly what I thought it will be.
This does the job with concealing my under-eye area, but I do have problem with it as well. I sometimes apply the waterproof eyeshadow primer by NYX under my eyes as well if I apply some shadow under my lower lash line. If I apply the concealer over that, you can see a patch under my lower lash line where I applied the primer, like my skin is super dry and about to flake off, when in reality it's only the primer. Because of that, I apply another concealer with this one as well only to not get that patchiness under me eyes.
In regards of covering up redness in the skin, it gives a medium coverage that does the job. But covering up blemishes? Doesn't really work. It doesn't cover up the blemish AT ALL, even if I try to build up the coverage. You can clearly see the blemish, and it looks patchy and flaky, making me feel like it just draws more attention to the blemish, and not covering up the redness of the blemish it self at all.
Even though this concealer does the job in covering up my dark circles (even though it's a tad dark for my pale skin), I would not repurchase it.

on 10/5/2017 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

SHADE - YELLOW!

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.
I read that the formula was changed recently and coconut oil was added to the mix which caused breakouts for many girls. I can't tell how it was before the reformulation as I bought it for the first time after said reformulation, but I can assure you that my skin didn't like this at all.
It covered what I needed to cover well (hence the two stars) but I used it only once because a day after using it, I had a breakout which correlated with the areas I used the concealer for.
For those who are considering buying it, the yellow concealer is thin and its yellowness is quite deep in comparison to the thicker and very light yellow concealer from nyx concealer palette). I put tiny dots of it on the problem areas (scars) and dabbed it out - it spread out better than the nyx concealer from the palette, which tends to cling to the drier areas and, in my opinion, wears off more quickly. I would like to test out how this would work when my skin was even drier than the day I used it, but I don't want another breakout. ;(
Overall, sad it didn't work for me because it's affordable and it's not as open to germs, dust and all that jazz like the corrector palettes.