NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)
HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol,Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica, Sorbitan Olivem, Magnesium Sulfate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, and Xanthan-Gum. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77491), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77492) Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best concealers I've tried. I have NC25 skin and I've used Fair/Porcelain. The coverage is fantastic and I have stubborn dark circles. It also doesn't look dry or settle into lines under my eyes. This will be a forever repurchase.

on 2/21/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Disappointing product

* very little coverage
* streaky
* felt and looked dry on my under-eyes

I like NYX as a brand but this one was not good. At all.

on 2/13/2017 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Grey!!! I've used Beige, Medium, and Glow, and they all gave my NC40 skin a gray cast. Whatever you do, do NOT stray into a Sephora wearing this if you have my skin color. You will hate what you see!

I loved the medium coverage, blendability and light feel of this concealer on my undereyes. It applied smoothly with my beautyblender and my RT eye brush. I tried applying my Ben Nye Banana Powder on top to temper the grayness, but that didn't work. I've tried with bare skin, as well as with my yellow-/warm-based foundations, but these, too, didn't work.

I *would* get these if "beige" didn't translate into "gray" on my skin tone! If there were more yellow shades--if I can get my hands on Fresh Beige and Golden in the new shades--I'm still willing to try! I love this formulation!

Until then, I will stick to my LA Girl concealer in Creamy Beige, with my RT eye brush.

on 2/8/2017 9:21:00 AM

I really love these. I've used quite a few shades over the past 2-3 years- green/yellow for redness, lavender for under eye darkness(although I don't use this much because you need another color on top obviously and I don't have terrible under eye circles, but it does brighten) and lighter shades for the under eye. I was using light for the under eye but recently grabbed fair, which is verrrryyy light. Luckily I have the shade in medium for concealing blemishes, so I mix that with fair and it works very well for my under eyes. These can dry kind of fast so it's best to blend them soon after application. Also, I always thought they were pretty sheer but tried tapping it into my under eye with my finger instead of my BB and found it is so much more pigmented and the warmth of your finger really helps them blend. These are $5 each, and there are a ton of colors. Also, Nyx is almost always bogo 50% at Ulta so you can get more than one color to try at once or another product on sale. Plus, you can use Ulta coupons on this brand. These are very good, especially for the price. I recently bought tarte shape tape and will use those once I run out of my Nyx, but I think i'll eventually buy more and will probably always have a few in my makeup bag.

on 2/8/2017 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i have this in shade CW01, thinking i'd picked up the new lightest shade, alabaster. shoulda read the barcode area - it clearly says porcelain, which is the shade of this i used a few years ago. honestly if it didn't oxidize, it'd be a pretty okay shade for me (still not perfect but being very fair most of the time you have to make concessions that don't end up being super conspicuous anyway), but this oxidizes IMMEDIATELY. i just tested it on my arm to verify my suspicions, and the swatch i left on my arm for a minute was unbelievably orange compared to the fresh one i applied next to it. again, not a huge deal, i can just pat foundation over this. but it does snuff out some of the hope i had for alabaster; i'm wondering if that'll just oxidize to the color that porcelain is fresh out of the tube. which, again, not terrible...but man, whats a white girl gotta do to get a CF concealer on the cheap that doesn't look orange when she paints it on her face?

i use this over blemishes exclusively and i find that it conceals best when patted in with fingers. brushes spread it out a little too much for my liking, although if you don't have severe scarring you might prefer application with a brush. i have very light caucasian skin with very dark red/purple marks scattered all over, so i prefer to spread this around as little as possible when applying to my face. i have never used this to conceal my undereye area, so i have no idea how it performs in that respect.

i find that this concealer is not very wet, which makes it good for blemish concealing on oily skin - however i currently use a topical retinoid, meaning that i have lots of dry spots on my face atm. as with any drier concealer, this clings to dry spots - not so much that i prefer to go without it, but enough that i feel the need to remove some of the flaky skin this has revealed after concealer has been applied.

pros:
-lightest shade is probably an okay match for extremely fair skin tones (check the barcode for the name - not the number on the top of the lid! no idea what number alabaster is but cw01 is porcelain. i'm an idiot)
-it's only like $5 USD
-solid medium coverage, somewhat buildable (but never FULL full coverage)
-feels light on skin
-blends easily
-extremely dry formula which makes it great for blemish concealing (although if you are looking to use this on your undereyes, obviously this would be a con. i do not conceal my undereyes so i prefer my concealers to be pretty matte and this definitely is~)

cons:
-becomes cakier as the day goes on
-may cause breakouts on acne prone skin
-2nd lightest (and most widely available light shade) still needs to be concealed with foundation after application for me - the color mismatch is quite evident in most lighting on my skin tone
-oxidizes to an absurd degree comically quickly

on 1/31/2017 3:13:00 AM

This is my FAVORITE concealer. I use it for blemishes and under my eyes. It doesn't crease on me at all (maybelline age rewind creases horribly on me) and if you use a primer and powder it stays all day. The only think I don't like about it is that it has pink undertones. I don't find it drying- I have combination skin, but I always moisturizer before putting on makeup so that could be why. Anyways, I highly suggest you give it a shot, especially for undereye!

on 1/30/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Nice color range, they mix well, but if you have dry skin - don't buy this.

This is my first NYX face product (have their lip lingerie and butter glosses) and I really thought it was my skin, but after buying a different concealer (FitMe) I can now say it's this product. The first tube I bought I thought would be a match, (04) but it was too yellow, so I went back and bought the second lightest (02), which when both mix together - works great for color - but I find this is super drying on my skin! I've applied it alone, mixed in with moisturizer, and then tinted moisturizer (to add more coverage to it) - and it ends up drying out the product I mix it with. It just dries up into my pores creating dots everywhere, like powder dots!

I do have dry skin, so I did the same application with a diff. concealer (mix FitMe concealer with a tinted moisturizer), I had no issues. So it's definitely this concealer. I'm bummed because I love NYX and products that are cruelty-free - but ALSO - it was a huge plus buying something TALC-FREE. I've always thought my skin was sensitive to talc, but now I'm finding that products that are talc-free usually contain silica as it's main ingredient instead - and silica is SUPER DRYING. Which explains why this concealer is drying for some folks. I have super dry skin, and this just made it worse. Highly recommend reading up more on the differences between silica products vs. talc. After I started learning a bit more about the two, i wasn't shocked to find this product being too dry for me - and it's main ingredient being silica-based. Bummer.

I have given this product away since purchasing it. I just don't like it. It looks chalky and makes the pores on the side of my nose incredibly noticable. It's very hard to blend as it turns to an almost powder consistency as soon as you start blending. It looks chalky and cakey. I've tried it under eyes, alone, over an emollient concealer, with a primer, without a primer, with my fingers, with a brush and with a sponge and every time it just looks terrible. The only positive thing I have to say is that I'm normally the lightest shade and ordered the second to lightest and it was still incredibly light for me. If your lighter than an nc15 and don't care about any of the problems I listed above, go ahead and get it. Would I retry it? Sure, if somebody convinces me the formula is different. Until then, I just can't handle it.

on 1/27/2017 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm not completely sure how I feel about this concealer. I absolutely can't use it on its own because it's too peachy for my skin tone (see my skin color here:

), but since it is peach toned I can use it under my eyes as a layer under my highlighting concealer to cancel my dark under eyes. The actual formula is really good though. I wear Nutmeg.

I got the shade CW4 beige which matches my skin perfectly (Mac NC 25).
It's very long wearing and has really good coverage. I use this to cover blemishes/pimples and around my nose. My nose area it quite dry and this works perfectly. It's creamy and easy to blend and doesn't have any smell. The wand I use to dot and O use a small round buffer concealer brush to blend. Any residual product on the brush, I then blend lightly around my eyelid and undereye. I agree with the other reviewers the print on the tube is flaking off but it's not a big deal since i know my shade and it doesn't affect the product's efficacy. It's a drug store concealer for $8 CAD. For the money, the product is great, the package is not terrible and it's a dependable drug store concealer. I bring this to the gym or travelling because losing it or breaking it won't make me sad. i'd just replace it without a second thought because it's such good value! try it!