NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)
HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol,Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica, Sorbitan Olivem, Magnesium Sulfate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, and Xanthan-Gum. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77491), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77492) Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is good for oily skin. My opinion has varied between disliking this and loving it. I have combination skin. So the outside perimeter of my face is dry. This concealer dries matte & will highlight wrinkles. Blending it out with a damp sponge helps a lot. I use a tiny amount, and set with a tiny amount of powder.

I'm fair, I match Revlon buff. The shade 02 is a perfect match for my skin. I'll use that to cover pimples. The formula will stay on the spot all day if applied sparingly with setting powder. The shade 03 is a bit darker and has peach undertones. I use this to contour my nose, and will use sparingly in my dark circles. Using moisturizer in the eye area is key, and blending with damp sponge is critical. I don't spread this all over the area under my eye, just the corner where it is dark. I then layer the lightest shade over it. It has a tendency to highlight crows feet and fine lines if I spread it all over to the outside corner of my eye. If you have eye bags or serious, large dark undereye circles this will not be an ideal concealer for you.

I love using the lightest shade has a highlight. I only really use it below my eye, down my nose and back to the eye--forming that triangle shape, blending with a damp sponge.

The coverage with this concealer is so good that I don't use it with foundation, and I use the thinnest layer as possible. If I use it over foundation it can look cakey. The coverage is so good, the lasting power is so good there is no reason to have foundation as well.

I have acne prone skin & I'm sensitive to coconut & coconut derivitatives. This formula contains Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, so be aware. This formula doesn't cause a problem for me because I wear a moisturizer or spf, which forms a barrier between the concealer and my skin, so it isn't absorbed.

I have tried Maybelline fit me concealer, Revlon colorstay concealer, HD glamoflage concealer--I like Nyx HD the best. The shade range is amazing for my skin tone. Great coverage that stays put.

on 5/25/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very nice coverage. But little product.

on 5/18/2017 1:35:00 AM

Love this concealer! It has to be set with a very finely milled powder. I use elf sheer under eye setting powder. If not set, yes it will crease. Be forewarned. Great coverage! Great price! Perfect match. No more people asking if I'm tired because this hides my dark circles completely.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this concealer I good coverage for a drugstore concealer does not crease,finish is nice.price is Great love .love .

on 5/5/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am NC 30-35, Asian olive combination skin tending towards dry, with yellow undertones. Bought this product in sand beige (a bit light on me) and NYX matte not flat liquid foundation in golden beige during a time when I was waiting for my Cinema Secrets palette #3 (olive skin tone) to be sent from Camera ready cosmetics.

For the price it's great. Apply VERY sparingly over well moisturized skin and don't retouch in order to avoid creasing (I stipple with an elf concealer brush or a morphe g10 since it's a small area. I've had success with wayne Goss's method of powder (blend well) before foundation and I used it with this. I also set and seal with Ben Nye powder (very tiny amount) and sometimes Cinema secrets moisture spray to refresh. The packaging is conducive to travel. depending on what my priorities are, I use the elf hydrating eye primer or WnW eye shadow primer underneath the eye to hold the concealer in place. WnW setting spray (spray onto a cotton pad and dab gently) will further lock it into place.

This can highlight dry patches, but has a tendency to slide when applied over very freshly moisturized skin, so IMO priming, setting and sealing is necessary.

I love this concealer! I struggle to find drugstore concealers that are pale enough for me but the lightest shade is just perfect. It applies amazingly, blends perfectly, has great coverage, and doesn't crease.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this when my beloved Ready, Set, Gorgeous concealer by Covergirl expired. This is very comparable; lightweight, doesn't settle into my fine lines, brightens up my undereye area and is super easy to blend out with a miniature triangle sponge from Wal-Mart. The only difference I would say is that this one offers more coverage for a cheaper price. Although I still miss my Covergirl concealer this is not bad by any means. I'm in the shade fair & use it to highlight my face as well & it looks so amazing, very natural & awake. I'm definitely wanting to get a darker shade to contour with since this works so well for highlighting.

on 4/25/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Bought 2 on sale at Ulta, looking for an alternative to the NARS $30 concealer that I order every 3 mo.

I have to mix colors to get a good color match for hitting spots all over my face

The 2nd darkest yellow works well on my red areas

For under eyes, I use the lightest slightly pink shade on back of hand, and add a tiny bit of something to thin it out, right now Burberry Light Glow but even a tad of moisturizer works

I think this is excellent and I bought 2 for under $9.00. Compared to the NARS at $30, this is a drug store bargain.

You just need to work with the product a bit can't use it directly from the wand and expect great results

on 4/25/2017 5:07:00 AM

I bought beige (c4?) and it matches my skin well. It delivers good coverage (and i need it these days!) ad the texture is rather creamy and thick so don't use a lot. I apply it with me beauty blender and set it with powder. It stays all day, creases a tiny bit but all products kind of do.
Good overall products, inexpensive.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

An ok concealer. Medium coverage, applies smoothly but doesn't do much for brightening the under eye or covering blemishes. If it cannot cover flawlessly I cannot see how this is a HD appropriate concealer, it has now become my 'work' concealer just so I can get some use out of it. I will not be repurchasing.