Morgana Cryptoria - Gel lipstick

2.0

1 review

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wasn't sure what a "gel" lipstick was but I love new things so I gave it a try. The texture & consistency are like the old Revlon Colorstays or the L'oreal Endures. But much like those lipsticks, they are long lasting. It applies very smoothly and the color is extremely opaque. I prefer a lipstick that is a little more sheer so I applied balm to adjust it. My main problem is the smell. In some blogs I read, they reported the gel lipsticks as having a slight scent that was pleasant. Mine was not. It was a horrifying plastic smell that was very off-putting and almost offensive. I am not sensitive to fragrances so for me not to like that aspect of a product is pretty darn major. The color I got was Nevermore which is described on the size as "mauve-brown with a hint of pink-violet sheen." On me, it's a pinky bronze that will be nice in the summer when I apply it with a nicely scented balm. While I am impressed with Morgana's products overall, I don't think I will be purchasing the gel lipsticks again.

Popular Lipsticks