Shea Moisture Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo

Shea Moisture Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo

4.3

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) oil (denotes certified organic ingredients), aloe vera leaf juice, Adansonia digitata (Baobab) extract, biotin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (coconut oil), vegetable protein, Yucca Filamentosa extract, rosemary extract, bamboo extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract.

on 1/25/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Staple shampoo for my fine, dry coily hair. It really does what it claims to do! It is strengthening, plumps strands, gentle, has lots of slip and leaves my hair soft. I alternate between this one and the SM Black Castor Oil shampoo, and the SM High Porosity cowash. A little goes a very long way and it creates a massive lather. Smells amazing. Love love love. The conditioner is also AMAZING.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A wonderful product all around, cruelty-free, natural, organic, fair-priced, it also does it's intended job and thickens and strengthens the hair cuticle without creating buildup. A++ for Shea Moisture :)

I have straight baby fine hair so I am always searching for volumizing shampoo. It has been my experience that a shampoo alone does not make any difference. I bought this shampoo in a kit with a leave in conditioner and a moisture mask at Target for $20. I used them all at once and had some very coated hair. Assuming it was the leave in product I tried just the shampoo. Surprisingly I did have extra volume however my hair had that dirty feeling even though it was clean, if you know what I mean. It was not a bad thing but just odd that a shampoo alone could do this. I have been using this every few days but only on days off as the scent is very strong and really lingers. I figure if I can smell it all day so can everyone else. Since other reviews are noting the nice scent I either got a defective bottle or the scent doesn't work with me personally. To me it smells more masculine, kind of like aftershave. So I give it 4 lippies for really doing what it says, one off for the scent. If the scent was more natural I would purchase it again, but not with current scent.

on 9/14/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have naturally 3b curly hair that is also color treated. I like to rotate different shampoo's. So after using the Coconut & Hibiscus line I decided to add this to the rotation! I'm glad I did,I love the scent its hard to describe but I like it a lot and it does add decent volume to my hair.

on 6/29/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the entire shea moisture line. The shampoo is great for curly hair because it is sulfate free, something that is important for curly hair care. I also like how their is a low soap level in the shampoos. Soapy shampoos strip the natural oil from your hair and damages.

Awesome moisturizing shampoo for my 3b thin, fine, colored curly hair.

on 3/15/2014 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this but I really am. Not only does this have a 0 on EWG but it smells amazing & works really well.
I do not have ethnic hair. I'm pale, with straight fine-med color-treated hair. This really does make my hair look thicker. I can even skip my velcro rollers on the days when I use this. (The only other product I use is Living Proof Perfect Hair Day styling cream.) Note: This does leave a "product" feel to your roots. It doesn't make my hair dirtier faster (I can still wash 2x/wk) but I know that the product-y feel won't work for everyone.
This was my first SM product but it certainly won't be the last.

UPDATE: Any time I don't use this shampoo, my hair look flat & limp. Which is horrible because now I'm completely screwed if they ever discontinue it. If any of you hear that they are going to DC it, please PM me and let me know so I can buy 10 bottles of it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A nice shampoo that is very moisturizing and does not dry the hair or scalp out. It doesn't offer that super clean feeling that I want sometimes. Overall my hair is left with a nice sheen/ glossy look that lasts. It has a nice light scent that does not linger. I would definitely repurchase this one.

on 2/11/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the best, if not THE best organic shampoo I've ever used. My hair is pretty short, very oily scalp but dry hair (go figure) and very thin. I never need a conditioner after using this. Leaves my hair soft, full and bouncy. For those of you complaining of buildup, just use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Any shampoo will cause buildup if used long enough, which is why they make clarifying shampoos. It's pretty simple.

on 12/27/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For some reason I was not able to select that 5th little lipstick mark but I give this a 100%. I've been experimenting with different types of shampoos and conditioners for YEARS and I really love this stuff. My hair is fine and sort of thin and falls limp if I let it air dry, still does even if I do my best at a blow out (I avoid using product) but this stuff really gives it a boost. I recently purchased a different brand to test this and my hair just isn't the same as when I was using SM. AND it smells amazing. I read some reviews mentioning build-up, the formula is thick, you have to make sure you are properly washing the product out of your hair and that you aren't using too much conditioner. I also suggest a clarifying shampoo maybe once every week or two to help.

Fine haired ladies, totally give this a try. It's a miracle to me.

Popular Shampoos