Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 5/8/2017 2:10:00 AM

I really like this foundation but there are two main reasons I hesitate to buy this again. Firstly the consistency of this is a thick but light weight liquid. It smooths over skin easily enough with primer, but I find it can be too quick drying to spread evenly without primer. I always need two pumps of this, where usually 1 pump is my standard for most foundations.

When this sets it's the most skin like foundation for my oily skin, it doesn't look heavy or patchy and doesn't really need to be powdered. It also reduces the look of my pores! But as time goes on I find my oils mixed with this can make it look heavier, so is usually only apply a very little or mix it with an Illuminating primer (rare ability for an oily skin).

Now for things that make me think twice about repurchasing. The biggest and possibly the reason for the second is that it is heavily scented, even with the large amount of alcohol (in the Australian version), I find the sent irritates me and my skin. The second thing is that it causes me to breakout, if I wear it two days in a row. I always have to take a weeks break, which annoys me endlessly because I really like the finish of this foundation. I would probably only wear this on special occasions and don't feel this justifies the repurchase for me.

on 5/1/2017 4:40:00 AM

I just don't like this !! Don't like how it looks or wears. And it makes my face feel dull and grey-ish for some weird reason

on 4/29/2017 6:14:00 AM

I recently purchased this product, and fell completely in love with the foundation itself. It applied so nicely, the finish was fantastic. I have oily skin and it managed to keep it under control...HOWEVER, finding the right colour was near impossible. They throw alot of pink and i have olive skin, so for me...i really hated the colour. Also, i dont have sensitive skin and i dont ever react to products but this foundation has caused dermatitis around my eyes, and im struggling to get rid of it, so im very disappointed, especially because i do take such good care of my skin. I wouldnt say that you shouldnt try it as everyones skin is different, didnt work out for me...but it just might for you:)

on 4/21/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this foundation for 2 weeks and made me break out. Enough said.

Two stars for staying power but that's it. I went through 3 colors and still couldn't find the right one for my skin. The color that matched my NC25ish, light olive skin upon application was 340. After a few hours, it had oxidized so much I looked like I'd emerged from a sandstorm on Mars. So... tried 320. Same result. Then 270. Believe it or not, the same: too ochre. Then I went out of the bisques and into the buffs with 230. Now I just looked like I'd been in an ordinary earthbound dust storm. I'm guessing the oxidation is less pronounced with the lightest colors, but I was still seeing some in the buffs, which is lighter than I ever expected to go. I put argan oil on before foundation but this still managed to develop microcracks all over my face, aging me a good 5 years. I think it could be a marvelous product for someone who (a) can find the right shade, and (b) has young, oily skin that can handle an oil-free foundation without looking aged by it. I just wanted the staying power, but this isn't a look I want to wear all day.

on 3/30/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using it for the last 4 yrs and this is the only foundation that does not cause any trauma to my skin. At the age of 45, I still have no clues what my triggers are but with this foundation I don't have to worry about breakouts. Coverage/finish is okay but it looks beautiful in pics. I will be buying this again and again.

on 3/30/2017 9:11:00 AM

This product is a dream. I'm extremely acne prone, with fair skin, discolouration and scarring caused by acne, with a severe allergy to the majority of suncream and foundations containing spf.
Its a rare find to come across a foundation that matches my skin, or doesn't break me out, or cause an allergic reaction, and looks good. With other products (mac, clinique, dior, urban decay, bobbi brown and every high street brand you can imagine) I achieve 2 of those things at best.
With this foundation, I have everything I want. You can build it super easily with a damp beauty blender, layer it to cover anything and everything. It last well with primer and setting spray and I've never seen a foundation look that good on my skin, let alone one that doesn't leave my face in agony!
The only downside for me is at that price, I would like it to be cruelty free. But for foundation this good I'm willing to put usual scruples to one side, and ignore the cries of my bank account. I'm a student, so the cost is a stretch but I love it enough to forego food if needs be! I adore this product and I can't recommend it enough.

I love this foundation! this is the only foundation that does not accentuate my large pores and it lasts about 5-6 hours before it starts to fade (I don't experience oxidation).

This is a medium coverage foundation, it won't cover deep discolouration but I love how it evens out my skin tone and how it minimizes my pores;) The colour I use is 140 Ivory N - it is a nice colour that is not pink or too yellow. It lookes very natural, doesn't look caky or heavy. It doesn't break me out, nor is it scented. It's not a true matte, more like a Demi-matte.

I get good results with applying it with the beauty blender.

I love the packaging- it has a pump so that I don't have to struggle to get it out, and the pump dispenses tiny or large drops.

What I don't love is the price, but while I will keep trying new drugstore foundations I haven't found one that compares:( I used to be able to use Revlon Colour stay but not sure if my skin changed or if Revlon reformulated, but every time I put it on now it my pores look horrific and it feels like a mask. I recently tried Estée Lauder DW hoping to get longer wear but only got disappointed as my pores looked horrific and foundation felt heavy and caked on. I might try it in the summer when my skin is oiler.

on 3/6/2017 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Combo, dehydrated, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin. NC15-20/cool yellow/olive; Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, MUFE HD 117

This is such a popular foundation I finally had to give it a try after Revlon CS was reformulated again and I was without a longwear foundation for those days I need one. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. Shade 210 Buff (N) is a perfect match and the finish and coverage were perfect with a drop of face oil added. This always broke down on me though, within 3-4 hours it was separated, dry and cakey looking. After a week of using this I began breaking out, which isn't at all unusual, but was unexpected since it doesn't contain any ingredients known to aggravate my skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have use this product on and off for five years. I have sensitive combination skin and this foundation is perfect. It covers every spot on my face. I even use it for concealer some times. I have not been able to find any other foundation like this. I tried to use drug store foundations but this is the best.