Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24h Longwear SPF 15 Foundation

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24h Longwear SPF 15 Foundation

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 11/7/2017 10:50:00 PM

This is the only foundation I have ever loved. I was on a quest for the perfect foundation for my sister's wedding and my upcoming wedding and they were kind enough to give me a sample at Sephora. I tested it out on a vacation and loved it so much I ordered it after a few days of use. It is easy to use, does not break me out, has a good shade match for me, looks natural, not too matte, not too shiny, and lasts. I just love it. Beats Armani (yep, you heard me), NARS (yep), YSL, MUFE, L'Oreal which either did not last, broke me out, made me oily, or all of the above. I have sensitive, light, acne-prone, oily/combo skin (depends on season and my routine). I also use the concealer and it has beat out my old NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. (I have the Effacernes concealer by Lancome too which is awesome for the undereye and has more sheen, moisture, and blendability.) I feel like this brand is not so in-fashion among my age group when it comes to makeup but you all are missssing outttt.

on 10/30/2017 11:42:00 AM

My skin is super oily and hard to match due to being very fair and having both yellow and pink undertones. This foundation is my HG because it matches my skin, stays put, and doesn't turn orange over the course of the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find that Estee Lauder Double Wear sucks the life out of my skin, leaving me matte, chalky and flat looking. I still needed the lasting power for long days or events that I am unable to touch up or even check my makeup. I didn't *want* to like Teint Idole, because it's very expensive, IMO, but it's actually perfect. The color range is amazing, and it still has coverage without the cakey look of ELDW. I am ~NW20 in MAC, and have a good match in 220 Buff C. It's more of a demi-matte to satin finish, which I love, and it lasts all day. In the winter I tend toward more moisturizing foundation, but this is my summer staple.

on 10/11/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Hm - I bought this last year (I've been on a foundation spree for about a year now.... it hasn't stopped) partly because of the good reviews I have read about it and partly because it claims to be a 24-hour foundation. I also read that this is a lighter, more skin-like version of ELDW (which I also have...) so I really wanted to try it out.

The colour I have is 13 Sienne (UK), and I bought this because the other in-between colours (13.1, 13.2) hadn't launched in the UK at the time. Funny enough neither of the other colours fit my skin tone, so 13 Sienne it is...

I love that you don't need much of this foundation. 1.5 pumps is more than enough. It spreads really well and is easy to work with (whether you want to use a brush, a sponge or your fingers). The finish is also quite nice - I wouldn't say it's matte; it's more a satin finish (if you skip the setting powder).

It lasts fairly well throughout the day - I wouldn't say 24 hours, but if you wear it to work or to a function that lasts a long time, it won't disgrace you.

Unfortunately, this is where the positives end for me. The first thing I didn't like was the very obvious fragrance. I really dislike fragrance in foundations - I don't see the need for adding them.

The foundation also breaks me out. As much as I try to use it, every time I do, I get a massive zit alongside my chin.

I'm also not sure about the colour match. I have warm undertones, so this should be perfect, but it does seem a tad bit too yellow for me. The shade up (14) is however too dark and red for me, so I don't know. On the other hand, I wore this foundation one day and someone commented that my skin looked flawless. Maybe it's simply down to preference.

Lastly, I have combination/oily skin. I will use primer, but I refuse to set with powder as I don't like the finish. I still like to look like me. Unfortunately, with this foundation, I would need a setting powder to make it last.

I actually like ELDW. I use it with a beautyblender and it works perfectly for me. I only wear it once in a while (when I really, really want to look made up) and it's never let me down.

So all in all, if I'm drawing comparisons between the TIU and the ELDW, ELDW definitely wins. But I wouldn't necessarily repurchase either of them, and neither of them are actual go-tos.

on 10/29/2017 7:07:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. I am very fair and use their lightest shade, 90N and it’s a perfect match for me. This doesn’t stick to any of my dry patches and coverage can be easily built up

on 10/16/2017 10:12:00 PM

This foundation was alright.
I bought the lightest shade and it was still too dark for me.
It looks very nice on the skin tho and I like the scent of it. Stayed on pretty well on my combination skin. The coverage was medium imo. I would recommend this foundation if you arent super pale and like a foundation with a super beautiful and natural finish.

on 9/15/2017 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am NC10-15ish but a bit more neutral and the Ivoire 09 shade is perfect for me. Sadly, this foundation has the same results on me that that TIU Stick has. Upon application, this foundation looks fantastic and offers excellent coverage. It should be noted that I have normal-to-oily skin. Every time I wear this, I get home and notice that all over my face, this has caused texture and dried spots, as if my skin is dehydrated and I need to exfoliate. It's very odd. I'm guessing it's a result of the longer-lasting TUI 24 formula because this did not happen with the regular Teinte Idole formula. Unfortunately, this foundation just does not agree with my skin, and it's such a shame because I am in love with the color. I had gotten this after returning the stick version in hopes that the dryness wouldn't happen, so I'll be trying a different Lancome formula.

on 9/22/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I like this foundation. It gives my skin a smooth, seamless look when applied with a beautyBlender. It covered minor flaws with one layer. The foundation has a semi matte finish. I’m glad that it’s not completely matte because to me that makes skin look dull or like a mannequin. I prefer to use this during warmer weather because I prefer a non-luminous foundation when my face is already shiny from humidity. 460 Suede W in the Teint Idole liquid is a perfect shade match, but it does not match the Teint Idole foundation stick. I wear the next lightest shade in the stick, 450 Suede N.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had to go to a bridal shower and being a mom I haven't been able to wear make up a whole lot lately so I wanted to change up my foundation routine for the bridal shower I was attending. I had a SA match me and she matched me perfectly. Unfortunately, this thing oxidizes on me and gets a little bit dark for my liking within a couple hours. The staying power is great. And it really does look like your skin but better until it oxidizes. It says it doesn't transfer but I find that it actually does which is unfortunate as I am very affectionate with my babies and my main concern is that this might rub off on them (hence the reason why I stopped wearing make up to begin with) so I wasn't very happy about that. I had doubts from the get go but couldnt accept that it wasn't that great due to the great reviews and the hefty price tag so I didn't return it right away but I really wish I did when I had the chance. Now I am forced to use this just for the sake of saving money. I'll be sticking to my EL double wear - it never let's me down.

on 9/26/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Tried the sample of this foundation and whilst is gave good coverage it did show up the fine lines around the eyes and mouth so it's more for oily skin.
Do not recommend for Dry or Dehydrated skin, but if you do suffer with oily
T zone use a primer as it does tend to show pores in that area.
Shades in this foundation are wonderful !