Chloe L'Eau de Chloe

Chloe L'Eau de Chloe

on 5/29/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, this one is a bit disappointing for me. I am a huge fan of Chloe scents so I was very eager to try this. I hated it initially because it smells like classic cologne. Very masculine. After a few hours it showed its Chloe roots, a pretty rose scent came out but because I hated it in its first notes which is masculine, I will not buy it.

on 4/24/2016 12:03:00 PM

OMG!!!! What a wonderful surprise!!! The first time I smell it, there was the sensation that was for older woman, but definetly (I´m in 30´s) it´s awesome. I definetly repurchase this one. So fresh, citric and last old day.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/20/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like L'eau de Chloe.. but I don't love it, I wouldn't repurchase it...

I am thoroughly disappointed in this one. I got a lovely gift set with the shower gel, lotion, and I believe 100ml bottle of this at Costco for a really affordable price ($64.99 I think?)--and it just doesn't last. 10 sprays got me 3 hours of wear. TEN. SPRAYS. And this was layered over the body lotion. The bottle is cute, but the top is already oxidizing and looks manky (like all the Chloe bottles do), so that's a minus point as well.

If you are looking for a VERY lightweight *expensive* citrusy scent that smells like expensive lemon hand soap and doesn't last very long, you can stop looking. This is what you're looking for. I got no patchouli, no amber, no cedar, no peach, no violet, and only a hint of rosewater. Lemony rosewater. The drydown is a nice clean dryer sheet smell, although VERY faint.

I can't compare to Coriandre (as others have done), as I just recently got a decant of that one, but this one was not for me.
(crosspost)

on 1/21/2015 1:50:00 PM

Agree with tinkerbelles assessment 'watery, bland, headachy and pungent.'

Opens with lemon. Then dissipates into a powdery dry down.

Another reviewer mentioned Agent Provocateur. i do get the sense that somewhere in there, it is struggling to reach something approaching Agent Provocateur but that would be to do Agent Provocateur a grave injustice.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my go-to springy fragrance for the past year. The green colour of the juice is appropriate -- it smells a bit to me like cut grass, but with none of the burn or sharp edges. It also reminds me a bit of the smell of expensive hand cream (in a good way). Light and subtle but lasts all day on me, with relatively little change in the scent over time. Grown-up, modern, and professional.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, on me this smells pretty much exactly the same than Agent Provocateur. it's a greenisch rose with very light patchouli undertone. It's for when you seek for something green, light, young and fresh. I also love the color of the juice and their pretty 20 ml bottle, in limited edition. Marketing wise, it's chloe's answer to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior cherie eaux. You really don't need to love rose and patchouli to love this. The price is really correct. I found Agent Provocateur far too expensive. I am really glad to have found a version at a more reasonnable price. Nothing bad to say about it. I enjoy it very much.

Caution : I have just tried on another bottle (the tester of a shop) and it's funny because it didn't smell at all like the one I reviewed up there. It actually didn't smell very good at all ! They might have change the composition. I think the one I reviewed is the most recent composition and the second I tried was an old bottle. Or maybe I was just Lucky with the bottle I bought. It was the 20 ml bottle. so I decided to remove 2 stars. It's too versatile.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I get a quick burst of lemon for 5 minutes. Then a watery powdery patchoulli and bitter "pencil shavings and chemicals" cedarwood drydown. Its weird how its watery and bland yet headachy and pungent at the same time in a "dirty hippy" cheap thin body spray way. Lasting power is poor, only 1 hour maybe 2 on me. Not worth the money.

If you like the rose part for a similar but fresher, longer lasting, rose scent try Lanvin's Marry Me! instead. It looks just as cute and its purple bow looks better than the Chloe tiny piece of ribbon that frays and falls off.

If you liked the first grapefruit notes try Mochino I Love Love.

Also, I don't care for Chloe's movie roles, I think using her as the model taints the perfume in a sluttish and pathetic way which is why they made it smell dirty and bitter and weak I suppose. I certainly wouldn't give this to anyone young, nor for anyone wanting a fresh perfume.

FAMILY - Floral Woods
TOP - grapefruit essence, cedrat essence, sweet peach
MID - rose, violet, natural rose water
BASE - cedarwood essence, patchouli, amber

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I first experienced this lovely fragrance through a magazine insert. I immediatley fell in love as the fumes drifted from my wrist. The next day, I ordered a bottle. Once I was able to really test this fragrance out, I realized it's not mind blowing but just ok, not as intriguing as the magazine insert. It's still lovely though - just a tiny bit masculine with a smidgen of powderiness. I actually wish I had ordered the original Chloe edp which I like a little better.

on 6/23/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I chose this fragrance after using the sephora valentine trial vial set. I love the way it melts onto my skin. It smells crisp and clean like a fresh summer day.

Popular Fragrances