NARS Lhasa

NARS Lhasa

4.4

on 9/16/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite eyeshadow shades in my collection. A beautiful grey taupe with a lavender/lilac tone. This shade has a satin finish although the official NARS website dubs it a matte eyeshadow. I get compliments when I wear this eyeshadow -- a beautiful crease colour if you're fair but also great for all over the lid if you're after a day-time smokey look. Very smooth application. I don't find it at all chalky or powdery. This is definitely a hit in formulation from NARS.

If you're looking to get NARS Lhasa and you already own the Stila Eyes Are the Window palette in Spirit, you can skip this, unless you're after a less shimmery version of Slate. Unfortunately for me, Lhasa was in my collection first.

The eyeshadow in Slate is very similar -- a tad more warmer and brown, a little more frosty, less pigmented when swatched at the back of the hand, but it can be built up to look like Lhasa. On the lid dry, Slate is more shimmery and not as opaque. When applied wet, it can be built up to the same colour and opacity as Lhasa but Slate will have a steel frost. Please note that I did not use a primer prior to application.

Great color. Grayish purple. Stays on great with a primer (I have oily lids).

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/6/2015 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

REALLY good taupe color which is perfect for contouring since it is a grey undertone! I am obsessed with this. On the lids, it is gorgeous too so it is a great multi-tasker. A hidden gem from Nars that no one really knows about. If you want your contour to look natural, try this out!

on 1/5/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Lhasa is a gorgeous shimmery greyed lilac in the pan, but on my lids... Nothing. Super sheer silvery shimmer. I could use this as an all over lid color because it's so subtle. Lhasa is best left to those who are super pale, you may actually see the purple and grey tones. For reference I wear Mac nc25-30 and Nars Punjab/Alaska.

on 7/10/2013 10:28:00 PM

Nars Lhasa is my first, one and only NARS eyeshadow. This shade is absolutely beautiful and unique, a purpley taupey grey with a lovely sheen (not shimmery). It is perfect for everyday wear and I find myself reaching for this no brainer eyeshadow a lot. I think it looks amazing on brown and green eyes. The pigmentation is good, not heavy but silky and builds beautifully. Nars eyeshadows are $51 in NZ which is extremely expensive, however this eyeshadow will last absolutely forever. The packaging is excellent, it comes with a mirror and it's very cute. This is often compared to MAC Shale but Shale is darker and more brown based. Worn over the Nars eyeshadow primer, it lasts a whole day on someone like me who has incredibly oily eyelids. Impressed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh Lhasa, goddess of the cool neutrals, I adore you and your taupey-lilacy greatness.

They actually named this shade very aptly, it does mimic the beautiful Himalayan sky that covers the city of Lhasa in a beautiful, foggy haze.

As with most NARS shades, the texture of their eyeshadows is not for everyone. It swatches below average, but on the lid it transforms into something of such subtle beauty that is very hard to describe to someone who hasn't tried this out for themselves. With zero powderiness, it's a dream to blend and especially appreciates the company of pinky-browns, purple and navy blue. It adds a certain mystique to most shades and I think that lovers of subtle and soft smokey eyes will fall head of heels for this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am almost speechless at the beauty and versatility and ease of Nars Lhasa eye shadow. Last week, I purchased another Nars shadow product - the duo Cordura - and while I like it (well, I love the dark shade of it), I am struggling with how to wear and also how to feel "comfortable" wearing the bronze shade. Now, in contrast, Lhasa is the most amazingly wearable eye shadow. Wear it on the lid; put it in the crease; wear it all over the eye all on its own or wear it in combination with any grey, taupe, purple or cool brown you have and it works. This is such an easy and flattering shadow to wear.

I'm thinking that others reading this must know how it is....even though you have plenty of eye shadows, you can get just obsessed with a certain shade. Do you ever go through this? Even though you think you have shadows really similar in colour, you still just need to check out that coveted shade. I read up about dupes for Lhasa and when I bought it, I took all my possible "dupes" - WnW Silent Treatment, Stila Grace and Cloud, MAC Shale - with me to make sure I wasn't buying yet another eye shadow that I more or less already own. While the lid colour of Silent Treatment was the closest, it couldn't match the lovely rich lavender undertone in Lhasa. And this shadow is so beautiful with brown eyes. This will be a HG shadow for me and a fixture in my makeup routine for years to come.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!
This is an exact dupe for the only eyeshadow I have ever said I couldn't live without, and which of course has long since been discontinued: Clue by MAC. NOT CLUB, CLUE. C-L-U-E. A cool subtle taupe frost with a slight blue/cool sheen when the light hits it. It makes the BEST subtle crease color, but is also lovely as a lid shade. I cannot recommend this shadow highly enough for cool toned ladies who are also total taupe hoors. This one is for you!

on 8/17/2012 2:21:00 AM

Sorry I didn't like this and returned it , after reading great reviews and swatching it instore I had high hopes . I excitedly applied it at home but was like yes it's a pretty colour but it just didn't look great on me . I felt it made my eyes look tired and didn't enhance my eye colour .

on 4/21/2012 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to avoid breaking down this thing of beauty into its component parts. Better still to say that this creates the same appearance as a lake on a summer evening - deep but not dark with surface light that shimmers and dances. On the practical side - looks best with black or navy blue liner and supremely complemented with Gaeity blush.