MAC Mineralize Concealer

3.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I wrote a similar review for the Mac mineralize skinfinish natural powder since I had similar issues with these products. I have oily skin which usually isnt too problematic. I can usually control my oil and my breakouts very well, in fact before I started using this product it had been months since my last bad breakout. As soon as I started using this and the powder I noticed a horrendous change in my skin. The oil was out of control, the size of my pores was enlarged and not only was I experiencing breakouts everywhere I put the concealer but I even began developing acne, which I have never had in my life! Obviously this could just be a reaction with my skin but on top of that I wasn't even impressed with the concealer! I didn't like the consistency and although the coverage was great it quickly lead to creasing and cakieness, as a lot of full coverage concealers do.

So I hate to give this stuff a bad review because it's likely just me having such a terrible time with it..but I started using this product about 2 weeks ago and since then there has been a tremendous spike in acne on my face. Especially in the areas I use the concealer. I've read other people have had problems with it, and it's likely just my skin reacting but I think it's important to get it out there. I don't have acne prone skin, I don't remember the last time I broke out. If you're prone to breakouts I would really recommend a different product.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

This is an excellent product for me for 2 main reasons:
I have a light to medium olive sallow euroasian / mediteranean skin tone (NC 25) and especially in winter I look sick and tired, so I need all the luminosity I can get. This brightens up the inner dark corners of my eye and purplish undereye circles like nobody's business. I use NC 20 which is a beautiful beige (luminous and with a slight warm flattering undertone but not yellowish or orange).
The second reason is that my undereye area is very dry, so I need a concealer that moisturizes well and is extremly pigmented so I can get away with applying a very thin layer.
This concealer might crease on oily or combination skin, and i`d also only recommend it on drier skin areas such as undereyes and underneath my cheeks (on my nose this would be grease city). Mind you I don`t use it on the outer (second) half of my under eye area where I have laugh lines because that really emphasizes them (as every concealer does for me).
Application: I put a very small amount on the inner corner of my eye, pat it in with my little finger (you need the warmth to work the moisture into the skin) and then I take what`s left and pat it in above the outer corner of my eye to give this area a lift.
For those who love the color and texture but say it`s creasing: before you set the concealer with ultra fine powder (I use Laura Mercier`s secret brightening powder) take one layer of a cosmetic tissue and press it lightly on the concealed parts to take away excess product. This way you can make it work!

I was having some bad breakouts a few months ago and went to my local MAC to get a concealer and some new powder. The SA suggested this concealer and at first it seemed ok but the longer I've used it the less happy I am. I am normally NC 15-20ish in foundation but she gave me NW 20 in this concealer and it is definitely too orange on me - it oxidizes terribly. Whenever I use it I have to put lighter powder over it to contrast the orange tones. That could be a simple shade problem and I would still purchase it again if it wasn't for the other issues: It doesn't cover that well and I have to use multiple layers. Under eyes it does have a tendency to crease, especially when set with a bit of powder. The final nail in the coffin is that the tube leaks. Every few days I have to wipe off the top area where the lid screws on because the concealer leaks out the top and into that screw on area, and then eventually starts seeping out around the bottom of the cap. For a concealer this expensive I wouldn't expect to be wasting product due to it leaking. I'll be trying a different concealer next time.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Had a hard time applying this evenly. I've never had this problem before. The finish is great on my oily skin but since it was splotchy, it didn't do a very good job. It cakes up easily and I end up having more product on my fingers and tools than on my skin. I didn't experience any creasing though, I'm pretty meticulous with setting my under-eye area. I would not repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Creases so badly, slides of very fast, dark circles are still remaining and makes it look even worse due to the creasing, is too expensive for something this bad. Would never ever buy this again.

This concealer is creases soooo badly. It starts to creasing in the time that you using it. If you dont have really dry under eye area you wouldnt like it. Because the consistency is very wet. The coverage is very-light. Lastly , whenever i apply it i feel like this makes my dark circles more noticeable. My shade is nw20. I dont know if its the right shade for me

I have loved Mac face products since I first started experimenting with makeup. I found this concealer to crease under my eyes, and I wasn't too happy about the staying power either... I would say it's medium-ish coverage, although it's not the easier to build. I would suggest the Pro-Longwear concealer over this if you have your heart set on a Mac concealer.

This is just ok, still not as smooth as Revlon Colorstay but it does have a great range of colors, which is what i bought it for. This will settle into fine lines and the finish tends to look as thought it has tiny fibrous bits in it but you can minimise this by applying to freshly moisturised/primed skin. This will look disastrous if applied to a dry area. I'm not really sold on this and the Revlon concealer still beats this by a far shot but sometimes i mix the colors. Lasting power is not as good as EL double stay concealer but this isn't as dry as that. This is a fairly liquid concealer, similar to GA concealer with a brush wand. There are no reflective particles in this though and it dries down rapidly so you will need a quick hand. Once it settles trying to adjust has resulted in streaking and settling into fine lines for me. I say, try it at the counter a few times before you buy.

First of all, I should say that i do not have too dark circles under my eyes. They're just normal but feel like covering the slight reddish/purple-ish area.

I have the shade NW20. it does not have too much coverage. SO if you have dark circles under ur eyes, this is not your cup of tea. It has light-medium coverage. It doesnt dry matte, leaves a moisturized area which looks a bit dewy. I am not a fan of its packaging cos it is not hygenic in my opinion. I would prefer it be with a pump.

Eventho I like the product, I do not think I would repurchase. I am looking forward to finish this and try new ones