MAC Mineralize Concealer

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pros
- It has many shades.
- Easy to blend when applying on the undereye area.
- Not crease easily under my eyes.
- When take a photo using flash, it doesn't pop out.

Cons
- High price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my second tube with this concealer. It found its way into my everyday-makeup arsenal. It's lightweight, quite runny, but perfect for my under eye, which tends to make any concealer crease and cake all the time. This is easy to blend due to its liquid nature; finish is quite sheer to medium, so I apply it in layers.

I use a damp Beautyblender (another HG product) to apply and use the same damp sponge to set with a loose powder (Laura Mercier and Ben Nye in Camo). I let it sit for at least 5 minutes and the concealer stays all day (read: at least 9 am to 6 pm). I've tried it as a coverup for acne, and it's not the best texture, since it will slip and slide throughout the day. So I'd say if you are looking for a good under eye concealer, this is a good option. Price point is not bad, too.

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This products feels very lightweight and runny on the skin. I got this product at a MAC sale and am halfway done. I want to get it out of my stash so have been using it very often.

This is not for those who want full coverage concealer. I find that it is runny pigment that I can only use under my eyes and I have to set it with a powder because its very watery. I use it for highlighting my under eyes, nose, forehead and chin.

I find with MAC products for me, its either a hit of miss. I have many holy grail products from MAC but this is not one of them.

This may work for those of you who do not have under eye circles or any pigmentation issues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just can't understand this concealer. It creases as soon as it touches your skin. Looks cakey, chalkey and dry even if you thoroughly moisturize and prime your undereye area. MAC sellers insist in recommend this concealer to me, but i wouldn't buy it again. I'm having better results with pro long wear (at least with that one I get a better coverage), Estee Lauder Perfeccionist and Nars creamy concealer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I wrote a similar review for the Mac mineralize skinfinish natural powder since I had similar issues with these products. I have oily skin which usually isnt too problematic. I can usually control my oil and my breakouts very well, in fact before I started using this product it had been months since my last bad breakout. As soon as I started using this and the powder I noticed a horrendous change in my skin. The oil was out of control, the size of my pores was enlarged and not only was I experiencing breakouts everywhere I put the concealer but I even began developing acne, which I have never had in my life! Obviously this could just be a reaction with my skin but on top of that I wasn't even impressed with the concealer! I didn't like the consistency and although the coverage was great it quickly lead to creasing and cakieness, as a lot of full coverage concealers do.

So I hate to give this stuff a bad review because it's likely just me having such a terrible time with it..but I started using this product about 2 weeks ago and since then there has been a tremendous spike in acne on my face. Especially in the areas I use the concealer. I've read other people have had problems with it, and it's likely just my skin reacting but I think it's important to get it out there. I don't have acne prone skin, I don't remember the last time I broke out. If you're prone to breakouts I would really recommend a different product.

This is an excellent product for me for 2 main reasons:
I have a light to medium olive sallow euroasian / mediteranean skin tone (NC 25) and especially in winter I look sick and tired, so I need all the luminosity I can get. This brightens up the inner dark corners of my eye and purplish undereye circles like nobody's business. I use NC 20 which is a beautiful beige (luminous and with a slight warm flattering undertone but not yellowish or orange).
The second reason is that my undereye area is very dry, so I need a concealer that moisturizes well and is extremly pigmented so I can get away with applying a very thin layer.
This concealer might crease on oily or combination skin, and i`d also only recommend it on drier skin areas such as undereyes and underneath my cheeks (on my nose this would be grease city). Mind you I don`t use it on the outer (second) half of my under eye area where I have laugh lines because that really emphasizes them (as every concealer does for me).
Application: I put a very small amount on the inner corner of my eye, pat it in with my little finger (you need the warmth to work the moisture into the skin) and then I take what`s left and pat it in above the outer corner of my eye to give this area a lift.
For those who love the color and texture but say it`s creasing: before you set the concealer with ultra fine powder (I use Laura Mercier`s secret brightening powder) take one layer of a cosmetic tissue and press it lightly on the concealed parts to take away excess product. This way you can make it work!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Had a hard time applying this evenly. I've never had this problem before. The finish is great on my oily skin but since it was splotchy, it didn't do a very good job. It cakes up easily and I end up having more product on my fingers and tools than on my skin. I didn't experience any creasing though, I'm pretty meticulous with setting my under-eye area. I would not repurchase!

I was having some bad breakouts a few months ago and went to my local MAC to get a concealer and some new powder. The SA suggested this concealer and at first it seemed ok but the longer I've used it the less happy I am. I am normally NC 15-20ish in foundation but she gave me NW 20 in this concealer and it is definitely too orange on me - it oxidizes terribly. Whenever I use it I have to put lighter powder over it to contrast the orange tones. That could be a simple shade problem and I would still purchase it again if it wasn't for the other issues: It doesn't cover that well and I have to use multiple layers. Under eyes it does have a tendency to crease, especially when set with a bit of powder. The final nail in the coffin is that the tube leaks. Every few days I have to wipe off the top area where the lid screws on because the concealer leaks out the top and into that screw on area, and then eventually starts seeping out around the bottom of the cap. For a concealer this expensive I wouldn't expect to be wasting product due to it leaking. I'll be trying a different concealer next time.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Creases so badly, slides of very fast, dark circles are still remaining and makes it look even worse due to the creasing, is too expensive for something this bad. Would never ever buy this again.