Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

No Image

4.8

on 9/24/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I normally don't wear lip products unless it is a special occasion; I don't really see the point in wearing something that needs constant re-application, can look garish, might smear or end up on my teeth. However, I recently traveled out of state to visit my boyfriend and decided I could at least *try* to look nice. Somehow, I stumbled upon a few blog reviews of this and decided to give it a shot. I purchased the 'Light Pink' shade and feel that it was plenty bright for my neutral light-medium skin. The shade was rosy and vibrant, but not over the top. You could tell I was wearing something on my lips but it didn't look overdone. The formula applies smoothly and is NOT sticky, a huge plus in my mind. As other reviews also mentioned, when it fades it leaves an even stain to the lips so while they may no longer be glossy, they are still pink and pigmented. Moreover, some people might find the packaging gimmicky, but I actually appreciate the mirror and the light. Actually, I used the light and mirror to apply this in a dim bar the other evening...probably tacky but eh. It was more convenient than fighting my way into the overcrowded ladies' room. Price wise, PF products are known to be pricier than standard DS brands but personally, I think the higher quality is worth the price. Plus, you can frequently find their stuff on sale at places like Ulta and Target.

WoW, this lip gloss is a LOT better then I thought it would be!
Packaging wise, LOVE it! I love that it has both a mirror AND a light, which makeups touch ups super easy no matter where you are!
I love the color of the gloss, it's the perfect hot pink on me, but I honestly don't know about the whole "it changes to match your skin" as I haven't tried it on anyone else. But...best of all, once the gloss has rubbed off, it's like a stain! It's really nice, and lasts a VERY long time! I've had it on for over 5 hours, and even took a shower, and my lips are a nice pink still!

on 3/5/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Literally just bought this at Walmart about an hour ago. I've been hearing about it & I loved the idea that it has a mirror on the side of it and light. The light is activated on top of the brush all you do is click it and unscrew the top to distribute it. Perfect if you're at a party or club and its dark. Not sure how the color adjusts on other skin tones but on me its a very bright pink. Like a fuschia color with some sparkle to it. Very pretty color to brighten up your look. The part I LOVE the most about this is even after the gloss wears off your lips still have a stain to it that is the same color so I apply some chapstick. Doesn't dry out my lips either. Hope they make more colors!

on 2/18/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i actually really like this. not only is the packaging cool and fun to play with, but the gloss is awesome. It goes on clear and turns a bright magenta pink (this is for the color pink, not sure about light pink). As a pink lover, it works for me.

The product itself is what is nice though. The gloss is not sticky in any way..it's just super smooth and then stains while making your lips feel moisturized.

On the look out for the light pink now :

2/25/12 Edited to add that I just bought the light pink and what a beautiful color. Im seiously 100% impressed by these!