Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

1 review

on 4/11/2012 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS!

2 things before I start: 1) the pH thing is bullshit. If I take it out, it will darken to pink on the brush and brush that way onto my lips. Same as when it goes on clear and darkens. The mechanism by which this works, I don't know, but it is very good marketing. 2) It isn't good enough. This is a VERY bright fuschia, and I do not see it looking good on very yellow or olive toned girls. Those are the ones that would probably avoid it anyway, knowing full well how those colors react on them.

I have a weird skin tone, it's yellowy, it's olivey, it's almost neutral/cool all at once. But it's mostly olive. So this looks good on me, and I can pull it off, but I almost can't, because it almost doesn't. I'm in the 'just barely' zone, where being confident is the key factor in pulling it off rather than complementing my skin tone. That being said, this turns NEON on me.

I LOVE LOVE the super fine sparkles and the shininess of the gloss [yes, it is sticky, but that helps keep it there, and keep it long lasting]. Additionally, weirdly enough in a gloss, you need to use a very small amount. It will still go on smoothly and HIGHLY pigmented. So pigmented that it stains your lips for hours. I worked a shift in retail and seven hours and dinner later, my lips are still bright pink [but no longer glossy, of course]. It also seems to have some hydrating properties, as for once my lips are still not dry and cracking. I haven't added additional lip balm. And it didnt leave those dreaded cakey white corners/ring!

All in all, awesome. However, I don't appreciate the BS, but since it's fun to watch the color change, eh.

also the packaging: if you're the kind of person that likes it, the tube comes with a mirror and light. Nifty.

edit April 27
Got the light pink, and I can't believe I'm going to say this -- I like it even more than the original! It's a gorgeous almost non-color on my skintone, just gives a tiny flush to my fairly pigmented lips, looking very natural but plump [I love the super fine glitter in both colors]. Would look fabulous on ANY skin tone, for sure.