Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.9

I was looking for a soft peeling for my lips and the woman at the store told me this lip gloss is a peeling... (???) I couldn't believe this and I looked for some information on the internet. It is just a lip gloss and not a peeling. But she kept on saying it's a peeling. On the little mirror there's a plastic with "peel off" and I told here this means you have to take off the little plastic but she kept on saying "no, it means this lip gloss is a peeling". I didn't buy it also because of the color. I didn't like that pink color at all.

I bought this lip gloss based on its packaging with the mirror on the side and the LED lights under the lid. The mirror is SO handy for touch ups or reapplying during the day! I haven't really used the lights but they'll be very convenient if in a dark place (ie you dont need to duck into a bathroom)
The lip gloss itself is a pleasantly surprise. It's pretty long-lasting (can last up to a few hours easily, even through eating/drinking), when the shine fades, the colour becomes a nice stain on your lips (which is surprisingly hard to get off, I found out one day when I was removing it, that could be a con if you dont want trouble removing your lip colour, but it kinda says something about its staying power).
It actually DOES changes colour. On me the colour was a little bit darker than in the tube (I have Pink). I think it also changes colour according to the weather/lighting, coz when I wore this on a summery sunny day it was a more purple fuchsia colour whereas on a overcast day it was more pink.
Not sticky, very moisturing. A little goes a long way, so I probably wouldn't be repurchasing this product anytime soon :)

on 9/26/2013 3:35:00 PM

Great gloss ^_^. Not sticky, pretty long lasting too as far as gloss goes. I like the brush, short bristles make for quick application and no fuss. What a bonus to find it lights up, i want to buy one for all my chicas. Oh, the natural is quite flattering on my olive skin and big lips. Thank you PF, your products rock!

on 11/21/2012 1:45:00 PM

I got this as a free product when I got the blush. I had wanted to try it but was reluctant to pay for something I wasn't sure about, but as it was free, it was a no-brainer. First off, I don't normally wear gloss, but wanted something that was not too obvious to use during winter to keep my lips moist.

I was sceptical about the colour match marketing hype, but it proved to be true. It goes on clear and changes colour after a few seconds. I had the light pink and it changed to a nice baby pink which did seem to suit my colouring (very blonde and fair skinned). The gloss lasted a while but the stain even longer. I was pleasantly surprised and will now buy the darker pink to see how that looks.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging. The lippy tube comes with a mirror on one side which comes in very handy for those quick touch ups.

WoW, this lip gloss is a LOT better then I thought it would be!
Packaging wise, LOVE it! I love that it has both a mirror AND a light, which makeups touch ups super easy no matter where you are!
I love the color of the gloss, it's the perfect hot pink on me, but I honestly don't know about the whole "it changes to match your skin" as I haven't tried it on anyone else. But...best of all, once the gloss has rubbed off, it's like a stain! It's really nice, and lasts a VERY long time! I've had it on for over 5 hours, and even took a shower, and my lips are a nice pink still!

on 4/14/2012 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am not sure if I'm too pale, or what happened but I found this lip gloss to be way too bright for me, and I bought the light pink shade. I'd seen it on some blogs and was excited to try it, but I don't really go out enough (where I feel it would be the most appropriate on me) to justify the $10.

on 4/13/2012 9:24:00 AM

Love this! It reminds me of the Too Faced color change lip glosses, but at about half the price and available at the local drugstore.

The packaging is great - love the mirror in the cap and the lighted brush, as you can put this on in a dark bathroom or in the car.

Not sure on the pH claims of the product, but the Light Pink color that I have goes on clear and darkens into a really pretty pink color. It's just a bit lighter than a bright fuschia and is a really pretty every day color. I will absolutely buy this product again as soon as it goes on sale and I have a coupon, as I love this lip gloss and would like to have a spare in my stash.