Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

on 2/11/2016 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss feels light without being sticky. Does not feel goopy or gross like some lip glosses. Gives a nice sheen to my lips. Lasts about 2 hours. No feathering or creasing. Goes on clear color but very quickly turns into a deep pink shade that looks very nice. Price is fantastic. I think this performs better and looks better than It Cosmetics je ne seis quois (spelling?) for over half the price!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, so I had to write a review on this product to add my two cents to all of the hype. First off, I am not usually one that buys drugstore mu, not that I am mu snooty, but because I have a very hard to match olive skintone and can never find any ds foundation and while I am purchasing that I usually just end up buying everything else too. That said, I actually made a special trip to Walmart just to purchase these ph reacting products ( lipgloss, blush, bronzer).

I have not tried the other products yet, will do so tomorrow. I brought this straight home and put it on and because I wanted to test the ph theory that everyone is speculating, I also pulled my 2 oldest daughters( 9 and 11 ) in the bathroom and had them put in on as well. Ok, it turned bright pink on all 3 of us, however there was a difference in color intensity and I made sure we all applied an even amount. I believe the color shows up differently based on the color pigmentation of your lip and thats the design " secret" of the product. It will complement your skintone because the intensity shows up based on the natural color of your lip. I am a medium olive skintone, my husband is a blue eyed blond. so of my 2 oldest daughters, one has a fair complexion like my hubby with light pink lips, it showed up a lighter pink on her and a deeper pink on me and my other daughter who more favors my darker skin and lip tone.

I wont drag my other children in and make them try, my oldest is a 16 yr old boy, whom I dont think would cooperate and my youngest is a 5 month old baby girl! LOL! So my little experiment will have to be concluded here!
Seriously though, just keeping the review to the product alone, it is a really good lipgloss. It is smooth in application, looks great on I imagine pretty much everyone and makes my lips feel great, witch is a biggie with me, as I have dry lips. I also found all of the claims of staying power and staining properties to be valid. Both of my girls wiped this off for bed after it had only been on a few minutes, just long enough to see what color it would turn and it left a stain on them both. I left mine on and its still there aprox. 2 hrs later and my dry lips usually suck up lipgloss and its gone in 20 min. Conclusion...I like it and will prob. purchase again, but took off one lippie for the gimmicky ph claim.

on 6/12/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like the packaging more than the product.. but it is a fair clear pink lipgloss.